Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » 2014 Olympics Russian

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
2014 Olympics Russian
type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

[1]

Well, the guy lookeh moveh quickeh.. Not much quicker than the others though.

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

He's the most dominant in the history of the sport. Yeah...he's fuckin' good. Ohno himself admitted to this.

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Funny story, but the province has passed some temporary rules allowing bars to be open and serve alcohol starting at 5am when the canada-sweden game is on here. Normally last call is 1-2am iirc.

I think toronto has done the same thing.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

@Thomas
That's some nice rule updated. And I was refused to be sold alcohol at ~10:20 AM. I didn't intent to drink it that morning, just wanted to have it. But alcohol sale in Russia is banned form 22:00 to 11:00. Bars are exceptions I suppose. Also small stores and wide begging smiles allow for exceptions.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Huh. I'm not sure if alcohol stores have a fixed open time... Though I bet some don't open till later in the day just because there isn't usually anyone shopping for alcohol in the morning.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

In Russia the alcohol sections of supermarkets close for the times when the sale is not permitted.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Grocery Stores and supermarkets can't sell alcohol here, at least not in the same physical building. Its a provincial thing. kinda weird.

A big store here has alcohol stores, but they are separate buildings, in the parking lot ;D

--

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Hmm. And I thought Russia is the one with dumb laws here. Well I really suffered multiple times of the sale ban, and it has caused various inconvenience. The only case when I did intend to use the alcohol NOW I did manage to buy it anyways.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

{"name":"suomi5usa0.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/1\/d14aeb28c81efb333358bb4074733d9c.jpg","w":500,"h":261,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/1\/d14aeb28c81efb333358bb4074733d9c"}suomi5usa0.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Victory in the victory day for Mother Russia!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I wonder if this wouldn't have been more interesting as a Russia vs. Canada game? Ah well.

append:

{"name":"1606880_10152302284472774_1782173883_n.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/9\/692910d72ef8c7ae96c5261c841f3195.jpg","w":866,"h":818,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/9\/692910d72ef8c7ae96c5261c841f3195"}1606880_10152302284472774_1782173883_n.jpg

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

It's official, the Russians have won the Olympics!!!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Canada just won the only medal that truly matters ;)

--

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Canada just won the only medal that truly matters ;)

My mom said the same think -.-
Well, just that Russia lost it..

And afterwards the Russian biathlon team was ordered to execute the Russian hockey team.

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

No worries, they'll surely miss.

You don't deserve my sig.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Their medals prove they don't always miss..

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

type568 said:

Their medals prove they don't always miss..

Or maybe it proves they never miss.... :o

--

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

jhuuskon's confidence has reduced my opinion about them to my previous statement.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Doesn't matter how you spin it... Russia has beaten the entire free world!!! Communism is back and badder than ever!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Speaking of communism, All of the top countries are communist. Russia, Norway and Canada! And now the US! OMG!

--

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

If a hockey player takes one pill containing 120 mg pseudo-ephedrine and a urine test shows 190 mg/l of pseudo-ephedrine, how much does the hockey player weigh?

The amount of tested urine was not 1 l.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Speaking of communism, All of the top countries are communist. Russia, Norway and Canada! And now the US! OMG!

It's true and now the countries like Venezuela, Cuba and Peru are more like... Oh wait... They're the same...

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Grocery Stores and supermarkets can't sell alcohol here, at least not in the same physical building. Its a provincial thing. kinda weird.

In Ontario they only sell in LCBO Stores (Liquor etc) and Brewers Retail (Beer), provincially controlled stores, but we have them all over. And they are open during normal business hours as well.

You can buy booze in your corner store in Quebec though.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

NiteHackr said:

In Ontario they only sell in LCBO Stores (Liquor etc) and Brewers Retail (Beer), provincially controlled stores, but we have them all over. And they are open during normal business hours as well.

Alberta was the same way for a long time. We had the ALCB (Alberta Liquor Control Board) stores which were very dark and dreary and the only place you could buy alcohol.

They shut down the ALCB a while back though and opened it up to regular stores. But there are still some odd rules in place.

--

m c
Member #5,337
December 2004

I actually forgot that the olympics was a thing.

But I'm not that strange, I just don't have a TV so I never saw about it.

But I'm not a sports fan so olympics doesn't interest me, though I don't have anything against olympics either. It's just boring to me.

Melbourne Cup matters more to me because that equals a catered lunch at work, and the chance to win office sweepstakes.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

Go to: