This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
2014 Olympics Russian
MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

YouTube version

video

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Details.

One warm summer day I needed a haircut, and so I wandered down to the local barber shop. As I was waiting, a friend of the barber's burst in very excited waving the bronze medal around. I said some generic phrase of excitement, like "Oh wow, that's awesome" or something. He asked if I wanted my picture taken with it and I was like, "Uhh, ok."

I handed him my cellphone, smiled, and he took a picture.

He left as fast as he came.

The medal was that of one Derek Droin from Corunna, Ontario. About 10km South of me. Pretty sure we went to the same high school and he had my entrepreneurship teacher as a high school coach, but he's a fair bit younger than me and we never met.

It's not that exciting of a story, but doesn't matter. Got medal.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quote:

The medal was that of one Derek Droin [en.wikipedia.org] from Corunna, Ontario.

They give Canadians medals?! For what, politeness?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Uhh, no.

It was for high jump. I linked it and everything, man!

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Don't steal my thunder!

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Don't steal my thunder!

Why, Thor is trying to repo it?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Derezo said:

It's not that exciting of a story, but doesn't matter. Got medal.

What are you saying? That's a great story. I wouldn't post about it on the Internet, though. The guy might come looking for his medal... and he knows what you look like and where you live now.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

The Russians are winning!

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Go go Mother Russia!
Not yet winning, but all chances. :]

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

AMERICA WINS GOLD in free skating!!!! (Silver Canada, Russia Bronze) It was beautiful. So smooth in transitions. Slightly too long though.

Supposedly our forth medal ever in our olympic history for free skating. First gold ever for the USA, and highest score ever as well.

Also, I love the future. People are torrenting the Olympics!

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"b527b416b26761b16c6faad7acaecf3745fa71ce0ae152ff7af1ffcc0915edd6.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/9\/99e0a8643ef875833ee451c222917c74.jpg","w":460,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/9\/99e0a8643ef875833ee451c222917c74"}b527b416b26761b16c6faad7acaecf3745fa71ce0ae152ff7af1ffcc0915edd6.jpg

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

The one thing the Olympics have done and that is cause the Americans to forget about the looming financial disaster that was put off until this month and about which there has been a deafening silence in the media... but I am sure it is just a coincidence that they choose February, the same month as the Olympics...

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

NiteHackr said:

The one thing the Olympics have done and that is cause the Americans to forget about the looming financial disaster that was put off until this month and about which there has been a deafening silence in the media... but I am sure it is just a coincidence that they choose February, the same month as the Olympics...

heh, the media ;)

---
MiquelFire.red

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

LMFAO! I didn't see that video you linked to because I live in Canada, instead it gave me this message, too funny! :D

{"name":"608314","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/1\/2134ab2d581ea92fa68d6adc22c0570a.png","w":646,"h":363,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/1\/2134ab2d581ea92fa68d6adc22c0570a"}608314

---

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

;D! Anyway, the Canadian link is here. Just can't link to the segment directly.

---
MiquelFire.red

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

comedynetwork's site sucks balls. that whole situation is retarded. just install one of those browser addons that lets you see sites like that, or use unblock.us.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

type568 said:

Go go Mother Russia!
Not yet winning, but all chances. :]

Russia IS winning! :o

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Russia got their asses handed to them in the only sport that matters. :-*

You don't deserve my sig.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

jhuuskon said:

Russia got their asses handed to them in the only sport that matters.

I didn't realize they played Women's beach Volleyball at the Winter Olympics.

kikabo
Member #3,679
July 2003

When's the snowball fight competition?,... just skiing and skating so far!

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

LennyLen said:

I didn't realize they played Women's beach Volleyball at the Winter Olympics.

The Olympics take place in a city that never saw snow you know..

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

-----sig:

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Quote:

GLOBAL WARMING!!!! [globalnews.ca]

Yeah, it's called the end of Winter. Snow usually starts to melt around this time of year. It is usually totally gone in about a month from now. Hardly global warming, unless you're talking about the normal warming that takes place every year at this time. ::)

---

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Another gold for canada!

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Go to: