Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Latest git build fails during cmake

Credits go to Peter Wang for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Latest git build fails during cmake
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

edgar@linux-xdcd:~/Build/allegro-5.1.Xgit/allegro/build> cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DSHARED=On -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DWANT_EXAMPLES=On -DWANT_DEMO=On -DWANT_DOCS=Off ..
CMake Error at examples/Helper.cmake:9 (cmake_parse_arguments):
  Unknown CMake command "cmake_parse_arguments".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  examples/CMakeLists.txt:93 (example)

Using my OpenSUSE VM, with cmake version 2.8.1.

Peter Wang
Member #23
April 2000

Looks like it was added in cmake 2.8.3. Maybe you can upgrade the cmake in your VM, or get a copy of CMakeParseArguments.cmake into the allegro/cmake directory.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I guess I will have to reinstall openSUSE then, because that is the latest cmake on my repository and upgrading to another version has failed spectacularly several times. I've just been avoiding it. I've already downloaded the ISO.

Peter, do you know when the use of cmake parse arguments was added to allegro? Ie. which versions of allegro could I compile on my current setup?

tobing
Member #5,213
November 2004

I had some trouble with my cmake 2.8.2 on Windows, so I upgraded to a recent cmake. I think the changes came in very recently in git on the 5.1 branch, because not long ago I didn't have a problem with the older cmake.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Peter Wang
Member #23
April 2000

Before you do that, please try placing the attached file into the allegro/cmake directory. So we know how to work around it if it comes up again.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I couldn't fix my old VM so I reinstalled. That's why it took me so long. I finally got all the addon dependencies installed and I'm still using cmake 2.8.10.2 since that is the latest version in the repo. I tried it with your cmake file in place, and it came up with a large number of warnings about shadowing a global cmake parse arguments.cmake file. I removed it and it built fine now. (Using 5.1.8) So, sorry, I can't replicate it now. I'll try git next.

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Its compile fine with cmake-2.8.12.1 on Windows.

Go to: