Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Just because you love it so...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Just because you love it so...
Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

...nothing breaks my heart and lumps my throat more than the response I get when I've taken a break from manically putting down into electronic musical form any thoughts I have for at least a week or two and then suddenly post the results of a 3-night-drunk-&&-||-high-session of FLStudio automation madness on Allegro....people you thought left ages ago like X-G and wearetheborg suddenly post "wow Dizzy, you're amazing" and stuff like that...

...in other words, I haven't released any music for a while, here is a new one :-/ :-*

there are NO references to enjoying 'drugs' on this track; only references to enjoying 'weed', or 'cannabis', which is NOT a 'drug', it is a plant. Drugs are produced by humans....with chemicals, which are made by humans...from...well we're horrible bastards, ok? Anyway...enjoy the fekking song

Stoned Love - don't Rob the Machina

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

You seem to be high on caffeine, alcohol and weed.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Wow man...you're insightful!! 2 out of 3! You didn't comment on my song though which is a bit frustrating, but as you obviously have some Jedi potential...you know what, screw it, 7.9 out of 10! Now run along and have a nice holiday x :-* :D

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Not bad, Dizzy. :) Ever used amateur vocals or sound clips? E.g., YouTube? I think that might make it more interesting than using recognizable voices. :)

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Weird, I couldn't get this one to play for me, and I haven't had that problem with any of your other tracks. I tried in Opera, Chrome and FF.

P.S. A drug is just a chemical that has a physiological affect on the body. It doesn't have to be man made.

pkrcel
Member #14,001
February 2012

I'd like to chime in saying that 'drug' is synonim of 'spice' , at leas tin my own language ;D

It is unlikely that Google shares your distaste for capitalism. - Derezo
If one had the eternity of time, one would do things later. - Johan Halmén

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

I actually like most of your songs (this one included), but I dislike the voice samples you use and would like your stuff much more if it was "instrumental" pieces.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

pkrcel said:

I'd like to chime in saying that 'drug' is synonim of 'spice' , at leas tin my own language ;D

And is that language "Stoner"? :D

pkrcel
Member #14,001
February 2012

Nah nothing along the lines of Dune ;D

It is unlikely that Google shares your distaste for capitalism. - Derezo
If one had the eternity of time, one would do things later. - Johan Halmén

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Thanks guys; feel free to send any vocals you have to dontrobthemachina at the hotmail . co .uk!!

I've taken (nearly) all the vocals out of this one...it actually sounds quite different without them, not sure what you'll make of it:

don't Rob the Machina - don't Rob the Machina

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Dizzy Egg said:

Thanks guys; feel free to send any vocals you have to dontrobthemachina at the hotmail . co .uk!!

You want me to sing for you?!

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

The thing is, I actually, really, literally DO!!!...
...but alas, no-one ever does! They all say, "hey, I know someone who 'loves' singing" and I say "cool, send me some vocals, anything will do" and they pause...and then say "...ok"

..so YES! SEND ME ANYTHING! Speak, sing, quote, humm, rant, cry...I'll make a song from it, trust me, I'll make a fecking song from it x :o :-/ ;D 8-)

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

Too bad my microphone broke.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

>:( >:( >:( MAKE DO! GET ONE! DO SOMETHING! :P

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I want to try to write a rap and record it. I just can't think of what to write about... I conclude that I should try to ramble and maybe freestyle, but I'm afraid of humiliating myself. :-[ Also, I am tired. I should sleep. But I don't want to. :(

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

bamccaig said:

I want to try to write a rap and record it. I just can't think of what to write about...

Dizzy Egg said:

..so YES! SEND ME ANYTHING! Speak, sing, quote, humm, rant, cry...I'll make a song from it, trust me, I'll make a fecking song from it x :o :-/ ;D 8-)

Quote:

Do or do not -- there is no try.

In capitalist America bank robs you.

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

Any good microphones under €100?

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

There's plenty of good enough microphones under $10 I mean come..muh... :-[

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

If I can remind myself to, I'll do some stuff for you, say, tomorrow.

Give me some ideas of what you'd like though. Vocals, talking, screaming like a mad man, etc.

My wife also has a very pretty voice.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

No that's ok bam's pretty much nailed it... :P

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Dizzy Egg said:

don't Rob the Machina - don't Rob the Machina [soundcloud.com]

Definitely liked that one; Seeing the name I was expecting this one which I also quite like.

As for recording some shit for you, I'll do that. I've got a (low quality) microphone hooked up and don't mind sending some random shit, though I'm not really sure what to send :X
EDIT: Can't be arsed to mail them, here are three random samples; Hope that helps.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

here are three random samples; Hope that helps.

...of course!!

'Would You' - don't Rob the Machina feat. Slartifbartfast

;D

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

(Unrelated to my PM)

Here's a cover of Pink's "Just Give Me A Reason":

media player

Just happened to find myself singing along to this and decided to record it for fun. This is take 2! It's not good, and there are some terrible parts (and it's past 11 PM so I'm trying to not get any noise complaints), but I think it's not too bad at times.

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Dizzy Egg said:

'Would You' - don't Rob the Machina feat. Slartifbartfast

That is quite awesome!

I also find it really amusing; The "would you" sample is actually saying "Hello, would you maybe like to sleep with me?", so when you add the dark tone and maniacal laughter you get something... Awesome :)

I guess if you want more random samples I can think of stuff and record some more shit.

1   2 

Go to: