Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Just because you love it so...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Just because you love it so...
Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Yes please just send me anything! I can't stress that enough, any vocal samples are gold, I can stereo stretch them 54% chorus them through a low cut reverb with more panning and feed that through a phat filter and....

....yes, just send me anything.

(Your laugh sample was particularly good, it was used more on that quick last track more than you probably hear!)

..anything. :P

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

Good news dizzy, I decided to hook up my old Sennheiser HD201 as a microphone and record something, sound quality isn't great but it's pretty good considering it's supposed to be used as headphones.

It's a pretty bad attempt at doing the scream from the intro of Slayer's Angel of Death. I can do other stupid screams and I can 'sing' clean too, however I go off-key quite frequently :-/.

Edit: Added a whole bunch of horrible noises :p. Just how much can you attach to a single post on these forums? And they are all in .flac too, except the first thing I uploaded.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Thanks Taron that's a useful sample, nice and long for chopping and effecting; keep em coming!

EDIT:

Wow, you added loads! Good work!!! ;D

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I hate to hijack your thread, Dizzy, but it seems like an appropriate place to dump these rather than creating a separate thread... I'm sure it won't interfere (and Hell, if you can use them, that would be cool!).

I linked my P!nk recording above to my motorcycle forum and the little attention it did get came with requests. The first one was "The Boys of Summer" by Don Henley:

media player

It was before my time so I had to basically learn it, but I rather enjoyed it. There is one blatant mistake in the middle of the song, but those are inevitable without taking the time to really memorize the song and I can't be bothered for one-off recordings. I didn't actually learn the lyrics by heart. I learned them "good enough" and then recorded with the lyrics in front of me... Aaaaaand sometimes I get carried away if I'm having fun and look away from the lyrics.

The second request is "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters. That one is still pending. It was more or less before my time too, but I have heard it more and know it a little better. In any case, that is next.

In the meantime, I recorded an a Capella cover of "In Pieces" by Linkin Park tonight just before the Don Henley cover that I think is pretty decent so I'll upload that too...

media player

1   2 

Go to: