Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Here I live

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Here I live
Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

This is my home.

The Googlemobile must have passed our house two years ago, when we did our garden. There's a pile of stones visible in the images.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

My house doesn't even have a street view nearby. :P

---------
Signature.
----
[My Website] | [My YouTube Channel]

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Mine has street view. You know what's in view? A friend working on his broken down van in front of my house. Which is amazing because there's a myth going around that our house / family is cursed and anyone who parks in our parking lot or any car driven by one of us will quickly break down.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

The street I live on doesn't have street view, but where I live, you can barely see it from the near by major road that does have it.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Which is amazing because there's a myth going around that our house / family is cursed and anyone who parks in our parking lot or any car driven by one of us will quickly break down.

Aren't you the guy who borrows them for romps through the woods at high speed to post on YouTube?

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Aren't you the guy who borrows them for romps through the woods at high speed to post on YouTube?

No one has proven that correlation.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

We're on the 42nd floor of this building.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Really, Interwebz? Are we taking it to this level?

I may or may not reside here, jumping into second gear on my crotch rocket and blasting around that corner on my way to work every morning (weather permitting). 8-) Maybe.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I'd show you where I live but then the government would know where to look.
Suffice it to say I'm somewhere here.

{"name":"608023","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/5\/05ce72b06a87dba35cc6f21f0bea2be6.png","w":600,"h":600,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/5\/05ce72b06a87dba35cc6f21f0bea2be6"}608023

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Well, dad flab it! We're on street view too! And it must have been done in the past couple of months, judging by parking arrangements.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Both the satellite image and streetview for our house pre-date when we moved there, but it is still interesting to see that the extension to our neighbour's house that was present when we moved in isn't present in the google image, and the trees in front of our house are absolutely tiny compared to the size they are now.

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

This is myhome...

{"name":"608024","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/3\/43bd12569aef3c374b292939cbab4c26.png","w":507,"h":793,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/3\/43bd12569aef3c374b292939cbab4c26"}608024

This shot was taken at least 3 years ago, the "for sale" sign is still there ;D

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Wow. Even in Macau. I'm on the 10th floor of this tower, but on the other side of the building.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Ariesnl said:

the "for sale" sign is still there

It says "sold" on the red overlap.

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

I pulled that sign off the first day ???

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Ah, I thought you meant you'd kept that sign up for the past three years.

I could imagine having a "for sale" sign up for three years, but it seemed a bit odd to keep it up if you'd bought the place.

I don't think ours ever had a "for sale" sign up. The previous owners didn't need to sell it for more than it was worth and actually asked a realistic price, which meant the house was gone pretty quickly.

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

No , I've no intention of moving..
especially since the house prices made a steep dive ::)
But I can wait it out until it goes upagain

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

They must have been by very recently. My Dad has been working on the roof last week, that or he's very lazy and takes forever to finish projects.

http://goo.gl/maps/elBqU

Oh, and apparently they don't keep copies of Streetview (at least online), so here's the famous one. You can also notice the broken (White) Sebring Convertible and broken (Black) Eagle Talon from my other videos/pictures/adventures and the large oil spots in the driveway.

-----sig:

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Shingles. I'm digging the shingles on these Northern European homes. They look like they could last 1,000 years.

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

I can has house?
Here

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Wow, no one here is worried about stalkers?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Who the hell would want to stalk me??... Oh god!

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Bob Keane said:

Wow, no one here is worried about stalkers?

Sure we are. The world is full of houses. The world is full of cars with visible license plates. The world is full of people with faces. But as soon as something of this is displayed on the net, for some reason license plates and faces are blurred.

It must have something to do with the fact that every time when we get photographed, a thin layer of our soul gets ripped off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Google maps gives the addresses in a bar at the top. At least the American ones. Right Chris Katko, resident of 1003 Hillendale Road, Tennessee, United States?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I'd say there's no need to post names and addresses in plain text right in the thread. At least put it in spoiler tags. Yes, I'm sure we all realize the implications. For starters, we're all men so that reduces our odds of attracting stalkers somewhat. Personally I'm also single with no children so really the only person to put at risk is myself. Besides, your name is enough to link up to an address anyway given a phone book directory or what have you. It's hard to be an IT drone and keep your name secret on the Internet. Meh. I don't think any of us are interesting enough to stalk.

1   2 

Go to: