Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » correct debugging with wrong result - basic display tutorial

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
correct debugging with wrong result - basic display tutorial
Majiyenai Ken
Member #15,279
August 2013

hello guys
I'd installed Allegro 5.0 of the version "allegro-5.0.10-msvc-11.0" and using MSVC 2012 on the Win7 system recently,then I followed the instructions on the
"http://wiki.allegro.cc/index.php?title=Windows,_Visual_Studio_2010_and_Allegro_5#Build_Your_Project"
step by step setting all dependencies,directories and paths properly to build the allegro display tutorial project.

Besides this,I also added all dlls in the bin folder of allegro to the "system32 folder" & "sysWOW64 folder",then copied all contents from "bin","include"&"lib" of allegro5 to the same named folders separately in the folder "VC" which is included in Visual Studio 2012.

Finally,I built the project correctly and debugged without any problem,but the strange thing is It should run to generate a blank window which appears for 10 seconds then closes itself, however it just Appeared in the Windows taskbar without generating???

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

There's apparently a bug that causes the allegro window to display off screen.

Try using al_set_new_window_position to set the position that all new windows will be created. Or after the display is created you can call al_set_window_position.

If calling one of those functions helps, then its probably that bug.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Majiyenai Ken
Member #15,279
August 2013

thanks a lot !! It works now!! :o

Go to: