Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » L.A. police gone insane?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
L.A. police gone insane?
Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Its not so much about the police as it is with your wacky laws. A lot of officers abuse their power because, well, they're human.

But your various laws and policies allow this behavior to manifest itself more often IMO. They're paranoid because of people drawing their guns. Why wouldn't they be? I can't imagine someone drawing a knife here, yet alone a gun.

Drugs? Wow, do they take hardcore drugs like weed seriously. Let's not start on the subject of tazers.

Every police has cases of brutality. No exception. The U.S. and A. just always has to one up everyone, ya know?

EDIT:

And the difference between Arthur and a lot of people:

Matthew said:

makes a good point

Most people: Good point, I'll keep it in mind.

Arthur: Yeah, whatevs dude.

Jumping on the popular opinion train is being human. Continuing to believe something despite evidence to the contrary is called being delusional.

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Quote:

Yeah, U.S. police are completely -ing mental.

Vanneto said:

Its not so much about the police

Backtrack much? :-[

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." - Lord Acton

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

@Matthew: I will do something now you will never, ever see Arthur do.

You're right. Sometimes my fingers are faster than my brain. I'll have to work on that.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Backtrack much?

Not really. They're not mental because they're police. They're mental because they're American. ;)

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

They're mental because they're American police.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

They're mental because they're armed American Police.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Unarmed American police are still mental, but they tend to run away like little girls.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Arthur, don't take this the wrong way, but if I saw you coming towards me, I'd run away like a little girl too. You got that "I'm gonna rip your head off and shit down your neck" kind of look. (in your profile pic)

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Don't worry, you're not my type, so I wouldn't chase you. :P

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Matthew, I have personal anecdotes about police too, not just these videos. I believe I've shared them before.

EDIT: I can think of 4 stories where I've been abused by police, but I can think of 1 where they actually helped me. I think the problem is they get cocky with their power and think they are "above the law". The one good story though, that guy helped me get off the streets so they're not all that way.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Don't have to be a cop to abuse anyone or thing or kill for that matter. Al Capone, Aurora Theater, Sandy Hook, Columbine High School, that Amish community, etc.

Just the crazy armed part suffices, and look at Iraq and Afghanistan, they aren't Americans, but have killings on a regular basis :P.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

The thing with police violence is that's all you remember and that's all you hear about. Why would somebody post a video of "policeman doing his job without incident"?

I generally walk past at least three or four policemen every work day without incident. So that's about 1000 personal stories per year of nothing bad happening to me. And I've never been mugged or anything, so there's 24/7 infinite amount of stories right there.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Not talking about non incidents. It's when something's happening and emotions are going that they often let their emotions take control and don't use good judgement.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Cops and other bullies generally avoid starting trouble with people who look like they have a clue.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

{"name":"YouMad.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/4\/e4e77ca92ee9bd707071cda1954ff245.jpg","w":319,"h":243,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/4\/e4e77ca92ee9bd707071cda1954ff245"}YouMad.jpg

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

Matthew's right.

Policeman follows his training and shoots dog because he perceived the dog to be an immediate threat.

"ZoMg!1! All cops are pigs!!"

Hilarious.

{"name":"607760","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/5\/75d5fa158214be81c43e9f366ab17542.jpg","w":452,"h":441,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/5\/75d5fa158214be81c43e9f366ab17542"}607760

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Policeman follows his training and shoots dog because he perceived the dog to be an immediate threat.

Policemen handcuff man for no reason. They are responsible for the loose dog.

Quote:

"ZoMg!1! All cops are pigs!!"

I don't think anybody said that.

Quote:

Which group do you fall into?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The arrest was valid, but very minor. There was no reason not to secure the dog before the arrest. The police created the circumstances to shoot the dog. You can argue that once the scene was set it was a justified choice, which is neither here nor there, but you can't deny that they could have handled the situation differently to prevent it (i.e., "please put your windows up so that the dog cannot get out"), or call animal control to take the dog away before detaining the completely compliant subject. To say that the police had no other reasonable choice is absurd. At worst, they might have gotten a tiny flesh wound. That dog would not have killed anyone. They could have even just let go of the owner and let him calm the dog down (with cuffs still on even).

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

bamccaig said:

The police created the circumstances to shoot the dog.

Why stop there? Who was the prime mover?

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Why stop there? Who was the prime mover?

Ultimately, Ghod did it!

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

I'm waiting for Jesse Lenney to say he's part of the smarter group, so I can call him a girl. That is the joke right? Standard George Carlin stuff? Women are smarter than men? :P

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

I don't think anybody said that.

The general public.

Quote:

Which group do you fall into?

Wow! You sure are brilliant.

bamccaig said:

To say that the police had no other reasonable choice is absurd. At worst, they might have gotten a tiny flesh wound. That dog would not have killed anyone.

True, but IIRC police are trained to kill if in a scenario where they are in an immediate threat (not necessarily a <em>fatal</em> threat). He was just following his training.

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

They're trained to arrest people who are getting a video and running their mouths from 50 meters away?

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Wow! You sure are brilliant.

1) Post picture insinuating that people in the thread are dumb
2) Fail to see the actual joke the picture intended
3) Get called on it and pretend like you knew all along

Go to: