Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Spread the word!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Spread the word!
Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

I'm going to be serious for a moment.

Alex, there is a man on these forums... At least, we think he is a man. His real identity is unknown. We know him only by the title King Piccolo. I think you will find his story very inspiring.

He started out with The Game. He had big ambitions like you, and because of that, he attracted much negative feedback. But did he give up? No. He continued developing The Game and today I think it is one of the best pieces of software ever written.

Its not just a game. Its a repository of well documented code that you can grab pieces of code from to create your own game. This is possible because it incorporates all styles of gameplay. From MMORPG all the way to RTS. Beautiful...

Fun Fact said:

Did you know most of the Allegro 5 source code was taken from The Game?

King Piccolo didn't stop there. One day he vowed to put Microsoft / Nintendo / Sony out of business. He envisioned a device so revolutionary that it would change the world forever. People called him crazy. I think they were just envious. He never released the device, as he was paid a hefty amount of money to not release it. He spent that money on his biggest project yet...

One day, the King decided that he would create what is now called the Infinite Energy Device. It is a device that can output more energy than it consumes without ever stopping. As soon as he revealed his plans, the people in this community shot him down. They claimed it was "impossible" and that it violated some crazy law of thermodynamics. Did he get discouraged? No.

He finished the device. And because I dissed him so much over the years, he actually sent me a replica of the device. My energy bill? I don't even know what it looks like anymore.

So I tell you this: no matter what people say, you have to find strength in your heart and continue on no matter what the odds. Keep on going my friend and never give up!

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

While it lacked precision and structure, I liked it and saw the objective.

I would like to donate £0.2 to your anecdote. ;D

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

True words Vanneto! :D

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

There's a difference between beating reality into someone and just being mean.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

And sometimes, the difference just doesn't exist and beating reality into someone requires you to be mean.

In any case, I think he got the point well before I told the story of our great King.

In capitalist America bank robs you.

pkrcel
Member #14,001
February 2012

gnolam said:

There's a difference between beating reality into someone and just being mean

Well, I said I wouldn't post again but I'll do an exception to underline the thread winner.

Also:

Vanneto said:

In any case, I think he got the point well before I told the story of our great King.

No he didn't, he simply ignored the constructive feedback (albeit negative eh).

It is unlikely that Google shares your distaste for capitalism. - Derezo
If one had the eternity of time, one would do things later. - Johan Halmén

1   2   3 

Go to: