Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Game Design & Concepts » So what is everyone up to?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
So what is everyone up to?
Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

{"name":"607502","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/e\/3e3c0fae6578ea39db8608307d28b97d.png","w":764,"h":575,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/e\/3e3c0fae6578ea39db8608307d28b97d"}607502

Yodhe23
Member #8,726
June 2007

Paulwhoknows: Looks like a tower defence game with strong elements of Starship Troopers (e.g. giant bugs attack).

Polybios: Interesting picture, tell me more about your game.

www.justanotherturn.com

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Programming boring intranets and websites for boring people... :'( I didn't learn programming for this... But they pay me :) not as much as I wish :( but I'm sitting all day in front of a computer :) and sometimes can read allegro.cc :) but sometimes I don't :(. I don't use glasses :) and my brain is always in motion :) my body is getting fat :(. Not enough to have problem with women, though :).

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

@Yodhe23:
It's going to be the most awesome game ever. :D
If it will ever be finished. :-/
The theme is burglary though. :)

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Polybios said:

The theme is burglary though.

Sounds like Ultima VI to me then :)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I just want to play Trent's game! Is it nearly at Beta???

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Nope, still a long way off. The story is finished up to a rough draft, the engine is mostly ready except for game-specifics, but there's going to be a lot of game-specifics and those all require art. I'm working with some people who are doing that. Right now though, they're mostly on vacation so I'm taking one too, and I've been working on this:

video

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Err...ok. Three things. 1) The duck game looks fecking brilliant, I genuinely wish I could work on it, but I know I'm about 6-years learning offset from that. 2) how did you get to be so damn handsome. 3) what in the name of everything spiritual is the control method for that last video! ???

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Hur. It can be controlled by mouse or gamepad analog stick.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Yeah but...it's so damn fast...what are you actually doing to win???? ::)

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

You have to collect all the blobs, which make your blob bigger. There are $LEVEL blobs per level and also $LEVEL saws per level.

count
Member #5,401
January 2005

Looks fun! Like the blurry background effect.
And the sounds and music are great too. :D

EDIT: Have to admit I didn't see the saws until you got hit by one the first time :)
They move very fast!

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Thanks. :)

This will be my first finished game in a long time. I spent 3 years working on a game and decided to call it quits for various reasons, though I'm using the engine in a new game.

EDIT: Anybody want to test the blobs game? Tell me Win/Mac/Linux. I'll give special thanks on the website to those who test and find any issues! :)

count
Member #5,401
January 2005

I could test on linux and win 7 (both 64 bit if that is of importance).

1   2   3 

Go to: