Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » New Install Help

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
New Install Help
seanfcarney
Member #14,672
November 2012

Sorry for new thread, however I was not able to post a reply to my original thread (which I would have like to have done).\

Allegro: 5.0.7
Compiler: Code::Blocks 10.05

Okay I got my cmake up and going, however I'm a few issues. Essentially, it is making the framework of allegro (folders etc...), but they are empty (lib, include, etc...) ???. There is a "CMAKE" folder in c:/path to allegro folder/build which contains various new files. Here is the result of running the "CMAKE_INSTALL" file:

Using MINGDIR: C:/mingw
Allowing GCC to use SSE instructions
Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing: PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
Could NOT find GDIPLUS (missing: GDIPLUS_INCLUDE_DIR GDIPLUS_LIBRARY)
WARNING: cannot use GDI+. Will try other libraries.
Could NOT find ZLIB (missing: ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR)
Could NOT find PNG (missing: PNG_LIBRARY PNG_PNG_INCLUDE_DIR)
WARNING: libpng not found, disabling support
Could NOT find JPEG (missing: JPEG_LIBRARY JPEG_INCLUDE_DIR)
WARNING: libjpeg not found, disabling support
Could NOT find OpenAL (missing: OPENAL_LIBRARY OPENAL_INCLUDE_DIR)
Could NOT find FLAC (missing: FLAC_INCLUDE_DIR OGG_LIBRARY FLAC_LIBRARY)
WARNING: libFLAC not found or compile test failed, disabling support.
Could NOT find DUMB (missing: DUMB_INCLUDE_DIR DUMB_LIBRARY)
WARNING: libdumb not found or compile test failed, disabling support. <http://dumb.sourceforge.net/>
Could NOT find OGG (missing: OGG_INCLUDE_DIR OGG_LIBRARY)
WARNING: libvorbis not found or compile test failed, disabling support.
Could NOT find Freetype (missing: FREETYPE_LIBRARY FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIRS)
WARNING: FreeType not found, disabling support.
Could NOT find PhysFS (missing: PHYSFS_LIBRARY PHYSFS_INCLUDE_DIR)
Could NOT find PHYSFS (missing: PHYSFS_LIBRARY PHYSFS_INCLUDE_DIR)
Could NOT find ZLIB (missing: ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR)
Not building ex_color
Not building ex_physfs
Not building ex_font_justify
Not building ex_logo
Not building ex_ttf
Not building ex_audio_chain
Not building ex_synth
Could NOT find CURL (missing: CURL_LIBRARY CURL_INCLUDE_DIR)
Not building tests due to missing library. Have: allegro allegro_main allegro_image allegro_color allegro_font allegro_primitives
Configuring done
Generating done

This is my first time attempting something like this, so I really appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Sean

pkrcel
Member #14,001
February 2012

Hey Sean,
it seems that you are trying to BUILD allegro, and in that case given your setup I'd suggest you consult the Wiki tutorial here.

Anyway, as it seems I really don't think you're interested in BUILDING Allegro (given you are clueless about it) but in INSTALLING the pre-built binaries which can be found here

For convenience you can follow another good tutorial for it.

Just care that, for instance, Code::Blocks is NOT a compiler but an IDE

Hope this helps

Pk.

It is unlikely that Google shares your distaste for capitalism. - Derezo
If one had the eternity of time, one would do things later. - Johan Halmén

seanfcarney
Member #14,672
November 2012

Pk,

First off, thanks for the reply.

Sorry for my mix-up. The compiler that came with code::blocks is TDM-Mingw 4.4.1 . I do not see a pre-compiled binary for that particular compiler (unless the 4.6 tdm would be reverse compatible). I had downloaded the latest Mingw, in hopes to acquire binaries and rearrange C::B for it, however there are no binaries listed for mingw 5.1 either. I guess that is why I assumed I had to build Allegro from source, which would be my first time building anything from source. I do not mind putting in the work "make" Allegro, I was just having a hard time finding a procedure that was written for someone of my, for lack of a better phrase, "skill level".

Someone from the code::blocks forum pointed me towards Windows 7, 5.1 build, which seem to be exactly what I was looking for.

I will just try the walkthrough you have provided and see if I cannot atleast get that going, although I would like to try to build allegro because I can only gain more knowledge by actively pursuing it.

Thanks in advance,
Sean

Allegro: 5.0.7
Compiler: TDM-Mingw 4.4.1
IDE: Code::Blocks 10.05

pkrcel
Member #14,001
February 2012

Hey Sean,

You can then switch to GCC 4.7.1-tdm from Tdragon site, I've just built code::blocks with it, it's a bit slower than 4.6's but works pretty fine and Mical provided the precompiled binaries for 4.7.0 (should be compatible)

You can find those here: http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/611248/969351#target

Anyway building Allegro is at all possible :D, with AMCerasoli Tutorial on the wiki it's even (idaresay) "easy".

Have fun
Pk.

PS:
If you wanna stick to C::B, please consider switching to a nightly build instead of the 10.05 version that is sensibly outdated. Pls refer to C::B forum for that.

It is unlikely that Google shares your distaste for capitalism. - Derezo
If one had the eternity of time, one would do things later. - Johan Halmén

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Just note that if you're following the wiki guide, ignore the part about CG Toolkit-bin as it is NOT needed for Allegro.

I also find that once you have the dependencies built, it's easier to run cmake form the command line than using the GUI. Especially as you need to run mingw32-make from the command line anyway.

seanfcarney
Member #14,672
November 2012

Okay guys, I was not able to get everything going previously. Starting tonight, I'll be attempting to correct this.

Ill be using:
Windows 7 (64)
Code::blocks 10.05
Mingw TDM 4.7.1

I am really hoping to complete this over the weekend. Any last minute advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Sean

Go to: