Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » A status update...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
A status update...
piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Well its been some time passed now.

Guess he did not pull through.
anyone in his area got an updated on him?

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

He just had an operation on/around his spine. Give it time.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Exactly. I think it's far more likely that Chris just has more pressing issue on his mind than posting here.

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Judging from the Facebook photos he's doing OK. Well at least he made it through surgery.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I'm alive! Thank you, everyone, for your words of encouragement! My back now looks a lot like this:

CorrectedKyphosis.jpg

I'm still recovering but I'm already worlds better. On a good day now, I'm so much better (still healing) than even the day before surgery, which as after 13 months of debilitating pain and ever-so-slight healing since the accident.

Turns when they opened me up, my back was worse than the MRI even showed so they were very glad we ended up with the surgery route.

I'm getting better but I'm still on a lot of meds. I will seriously warn anyone to stay away from Valium. I'm one of the nicest guys I know and I would never try to harm anyone. But on it I apparently was psychotic, hearing voices, having bouts of rage and throwing things and I didn't even remember any of it. Once they took me off the Valium I went completely back to normal Chris.

It's a very strange feeling having two long titanium rods traversing my entire back. If I sit against a seat or a wall, I can distinctly feel wall, thin layer of skin and muscle, and then the metal rod inside me. And I used to use many ice packs directly on my back but I tried recently and I froze. Turns out having metal rods in your back conducts cold very well.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I'm alive! Thank you, everyone, for your words of encouragement! My back now looks a lot like this:

Now all you need is some in your hands and we can call you wolverine. ;D

Its great that you're doing better.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Glad to hear everything turned out great for you, CK!

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Try getting through those airport scanners now;D

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

Nah, it's titanium. It won't cause a problem with metal detectors.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

The new backscatter machines and the other new stuff may have an issue with it.

--

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

How does it feel to be a cyborg? :o...

Glad it turned out good.

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Welcome back Robocop. ;D

Glad the surgery went well, keep getting better!

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Remember to remind them if they want to do an MRI, and get back to the videos of driving through the woods!

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Remember to remind them if they want to do an MRI

That's a good idea. A friend of mine got some piece of metal in his hand to fix a rather complicated fracture. He was tended to by two doctors. One for the hand, the other for his spine. The neurochirurg wanted to do MRI, but didn't know about the metal in my friend's hand - poor communication. Thankfully a friend asked whether it might be a problem :)

Anyway, good to hear you're ok.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

1   2 

Go to: