Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Image of the Day? or the other day?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Image of the Day? or the other day?
AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

... Matthew... You know... Is not like... You know, well, ok it's fine, yhea that's it, I could just, but yhea... Where is my image of the day? I put the game in which I have been working the last 36 years hours, and there is no image... I think it was 3 days a ago...

You could change the name to "Image of the month", or "the year".

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

I won't sleep until the image is up >:( we are very disappointed Matty :(

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Did you post the pic anywhere else on the forums? You could post it here or in the depot since ML is busy and haven't updated it yet. What do you expect from a guy who has a life and is the only one running this site though? :P

Luiji99
Member #12,254
September 2010

He's the only one running this site? Hm...maybe if I ever earn a reasonable reputation here I'll try and volunteer. I like website maintenance.

Programming should be fun. That's why I hate Java.

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

No guys... It's not big deal, for that reason I didn't open a new thread, but I wanted to show my progress since the very beginning of the development process... I was able to do it in just two days and obviously not working all day, I can make disasters on the code and then change it very easily, thanks to this "new" paradigm.

Here is the video that I posted there. Currently I'm working on the networking engine. But I was very happy since I could do it pretty fast with this new "Entity System" paradigm.

video

Sirocco
Member #88
April 2000

It's not unusual. Whenever I post an IOTD I usually check in after a week. It'll get there, and it'll stay up a while, too!

-->
Graphic file formats used to fascinate me, but now I find them rather satanic.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Luiji99 said:

He's the only one running this site? Hm...maybe if I ever earn a reasonable reputation here I'll try and volunteer. I like website maintenance.

Yeah, this site is a labour of love. Don't know if he trusts anyone to maintain it outside of himself (as most web devs are).

Luiji99
Member #12,254
September 2010

I understand paranoia. Funny, though, I wrote a theme for FreeDink's home page and the maintainer there gave me CVS access to upload it. He still hasn't revoked it, which is surprising since I met him in what was essentially one e-mail thread. Perhaps it's because he can roll-back changes, but he seems to be the opposite of this stereotype you pose.

Programming should be fun. That's why I hate Java.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I nominate the attached file for Image of the Day.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

The heck where you searching for?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

The heck where you searching for?

My guess would be "view allegro source online"

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Luiji99 said:

I understand paranoia. Funny, though, I wrote a theme for FreeDink's home page [gnu.org] and the maintainer there gave me CVS access to upload it. He still hasn't revoked it, which is surprising since I met him in what was essentially one e-mail thread. Perhaps it's because he can roll-back changes, but he seems to be the opposite of this stereotype you pose.

Of course they gave you access to it, it is a GNU.org website where they pride themselves on open source. This isn't a GNU.org site and I guarantee that people that are running a site seriously (as opposed to just running it to experiment with and build experience in web dev) won't just give access to just anyone. ML has only gave mod privileges to Nicholle and Bob as far as I can remember (of which Nicholle left years ago now and Bob pops up once in a while when he isn't busy).

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

LennyLen said:

My guess would be "view allegro source online"

Bingo! I wanted to see the al_draw_textf function, as seen in this thread... As it turns out, the solution was to facepalm!

Moral of the story: When posting code, use Ctrl, C, and V--nothing else... unless you're on a Mac, then use that flowery, swirly key.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

ML has only gave mod privileges to Nicholle and Bob as far as I can remember

Add ReyBrujo to that list.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Moral of the story: When posting code, use Ctrl, C, and V--nothing else... unless you're on a Mac, then use that flowery, swirly key.

Nope, moral of the story is to make your IDE have the same highlights as A.cc's code tag highlights. I didn't catch it after staring at it all night, until I pasted it on A.cc then I caught the mess up.

LennyLen said:

Add ReyBrujo to that list.

Oh I didn't know he had been added to them.

Go to: