Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » TINS code re-use

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
TINS code re-use
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

If you're planning to re-use framework code, please link it here. If we make it all available in one place, we'll create a level playing field for experienced and beginning coders alike. Who knows, you may be able to pick up some ideas. Remember: re-using code is an essential hacking skill :)

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Most likely will rip out stuff from here

Anything else I use will be from around the internet (like a tutorial site or something like that)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

I've just finished setting up Allegro and MinGW after a while without coding. I'll probably reuse some code from my previous entries, if I can dig it out from wherever I left it, that is.

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

If I fail to get my A5 template ready in time (about 25 hours left), I'll fallback to using A4 and then I'll just rip code from http://www.dennisbusch.de/tankgame.php to speed up project setup/initialization.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

If you have ideas on how to make the site easier to navigate, I'd be happy to hear it.

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Attached to this post is the template I'm going to use.

readme.txt said:
Allegro 5 Application Template
------------------------------

I intend to use this template code for the TINS 2012 event.
( http://tins.amarillion.org/2012/rules/ )

disclaimer:
-----------
Since I ripped this out of a bigger early WIP framework, there's a lot of
unfinished and unrefined stuff in there and even some things were added last
minute in a rather hackish way(in which they are not intended to be in the bigger
framework) to get this template done in time for TINS. 
Use at your own risk (and ignore any WTF moments you may have while strolling
through the hacky and in large parts unnecessarily complex and often ridiculously
quirky code).

your rights:
------------
I hereby grant anyone who would like to, the non-exclusive right to re-use this
code or parts of it for TINS 2012(and future TINS events) but I won't give support
on how to use it. :P
Also, this right is only granted under the condition that you mention and clearly
mark the parts from this template that you re-used in your code and documentation. 
Also, you must honor the licenses in ./licenses for Allegro 5 and its'
dependencies.

compiling/linking instructions:
-------------------------------
The template code and data is provided without makefiles or project/solution files.
To compile you basically need to compile(as C++) everything in the ./src folder and
link to Allegro 5.1.x (from GIT) and all of the Allegro 5.1.x dependency libraries.

The resulting executable must be placed in the same folder as the ./data folder:
./data
./executable[.exe]

- July 19th 2012, Dennis Busch
  http://www.dennisbusch.de

Todd Cope
Member #998
November 2000

Here is a link to my framework.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I'll probably re-use code from last entry Mexica. I just put the latest code online. It's still allegro 4.4 though.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

If you have ideas on how to make the site easier to navigate, I'd be happy to hear it.

On the logs pages, I dislike the paging. Maybe the "next" button can display the next page without hiding the previous one? A lot of sites seem to do it like that lately and I find it much more convenient. Or even better, allow displaying the complete log without dividing it into pages.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Here's the thing I'll be re-using. It's largely an adaptation of what I used for my SantaHack entry from last year, but with a few new ideas. I'll probably be referring to some things from my other games available on GitHub (see the link in my sig).

Oh yeah... it's in D :P. I don't know what I'll be doing about getting it to compile for different people... I'll either come up with a portable compiler thingie, or just provide binaries for all platforms (as I now have access to all 3 main ones). None of those are going to be a part of my entry proper, but will just be aids for those who want to try it.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Go to: