Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Viewpoint of a killer (Meet the Pyro)

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Viewpoint of a killer (Meet the Pyro)
MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

video

The video actually doesn't give me hope that the Pyro will have more then the 20 or so wav files it has now. (compared to the hundred or so wav each of the other characters have, including Glados the announcer.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

It's such a troll video. ;D The debate surrounding the Pyro's gender continues ...

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

The Pyro's gender is obviously a milk-crate.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

The debate surrounding the Pyro's gender continues ...

Wasn't aware there was one. Do people point out that the sounds he makes are male?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The video makes TF2 seem like such a hardcore game. In my experience, the reality is cartoony and casual...

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Do people point out that the sounds he makes are male?

Some of his/her emotes have a female quality to them. Also, the voice is too muffled to say whether it's male or female.

From the TF2 wiki ...

Quote:

There is much debate about whether or not the Pyro is a female. Other classes' domination responses (Scout, Soldier, Demoman, Sniper, Spy) that refer to this speculation appear to be insulting the Pyro's fighting capability. The flowery purse/toiletry bag in her/his locker as well as the Pyro's humiliation stance being quite feminine have only served to further fan speculation. Additionally, the Pyro has been referred to as both "he" and "she" by Valve, including on their official blog. The prime example of this is in the UI introduced after the Mac update, which refers to the Pyro as either a he or a she in the challenge dialogue box and alternates randomly between the two. To date, Valve has yet to confirm the Pyro's gender, although its misc. item, the Whiskered gentleman (see above) makes he/she seem masculine. In Poker Night at the Inventory the Heavy refers to his good friend Pyro as a "he" in a conversation with Strong Bad. Another possibility is that Pyro could be a robot. This is highly unlikely due to the blood effect when the Pyro is wounded, but since Pyro has Engineer's glove and in the Engineer update video, Engineer had Pyro's flamethrower, however, this is only one opinion. The blood could be reconciled with the possibility that the Pyro is a cyborg, and an inhuman nature is hinted at in the referral to the Pyro as a 'Frankenstein of a man'.

According to some fans, it's possible that Pyro is Scout's mother, as he/she had copies of the pictures showing RED Spy and BLU Scout's mother make love in a fan-based version of the possibly up-coming "Meet the Pyro", as this would, naturally, be private. Although, some other fans said that he/she could have done the same thing as the RED spy.

bamccaig said:

The video makes TF2 seem like such a hardcore game. In my experience, the reality is cartoony and casual ...

Rainbows, lollipops, and balloons make TF2 look hardcore? All of the "Meet the X" videos make TF2 look like exactly what it is ... fun.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I got it, and have never played it. Though, to be honest, that video doesn't make me want to run and play it. :-/

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

Ha ha. Apparently Valve is enjoying the debate.
http://www.teamfortress.com/classes.php?class=pyro

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

video

Without, and with the pyro goggles :D

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I was actually hoping for more of an effect when I played, but it's neat. :)

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I really should log in before the free retro goggles go away.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Go to: