Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » [Desura] Help me get paid!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[Desura] Help me get paid!
Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

This is going to sound a little crazy, but here goes.

I have a game selling on Desura, but Desura only pays me for every $500 profit I make (and I make about 70% per sale.) I want my money! I have about $455~ already.

So what I'm asking is for people who use Desura (or would be kind enough to make an account) to give me their usernames, and I'll send them a copy of the game as a gift. For free.

This sounds crazy, but I'd be spending about $45, 70% of which I'd get back so it's only $10-$15 loss, in order to get the full $500 payout.

Please, if you have Desura or are willing to create an account, let me send you a free game! I want my monies!

Thanks! Post your usernames here!

Desura is at: http://www.desura.com. My game is at http://www.desura.com/games/monster-rpg-2 if you want to check it out first.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I made an account named allefant.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Well, my username on Desura is pretty weird, here it comes: AMCerasoli.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Just found out, I have to add you as a friend to send you a gift. So you'll have to confirm. The other way is to give me the email address you signed up with. Either way is fine for me. Thanks! :)

J-Gamer
Member #12,491
January 2011

made an account: J-Gamer

" There are plenty of wonderful ideas in The Bible, but God isn't one of them." - Derezo
"If your body was a business, thought would be like micro-management and emotions would be like macro-management. If you primarily live your life with emotions, then you are prone to error on the details. If you over-think things all the time you tend to lose scope of priorities." - Mark Oates

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Everyone doing this needs to confirm the friendship request I sent. Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, got enough now, anybody else who wants the game I'll send you a promo code. Thanks everyone!

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

EDIT: Ok, got enough now, anybody else who wants the game I'll send you a promo code. Thanks everyone!

When you make an Android port, I'd love one. :D

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I have it on my Android since I was in the beta test :)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

can't you just wait for a few more sales?

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

J-Gamer
Member #12,491
January 2011

I installed the game and launched it, but the GUI was acting weird. It was as if I had an arrow key held at all times. I can use the mouse, but it is pretty annoying that the cursor moves between all options all the time. (I'm on ubuntu 64-bit)

EDIT:
It seems I have the right arrow button pressed at all times.(I got past the introductory bit to where I need to move my character for the first time)

" There are plenty of wonderful ideas in The Bible, but God isn't one of them." - Derezo
"If your body was a business, thought would be like micro-management and emotions would be like macro-management. If you primarily live your life with emotions, then you are prone to error on the details. If you over-think things all the time you tend to lose scope of priorities." - Mark Oates

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

J-Gamer: If you're using Linux, then it's probably a drop or motion sensor. I fixed it for the next release, but for now, check out this: http://www.monster-rpg.com/wiki/Miscellaneous#.22Eny_keeps_moving_in_one_or_multiple_directions_as_if_a_key_were_stuck.22_or_.22Moving_the_laptop_causes_input_events.22

Neil: Maybe. The sales have pretty much stopped.

blaat666
Member #14,342
May 2012

My user name is blaat666 :)

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I made one to help out. My user name is BHXSpecter email is equinox.dragon@live.com :).

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

He's got enough to make the $500 limit. He's just being nice allowing extra promo codes.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Oh, missed that, well he doesn't have to worry about my post in that case :).

vbovio
Member #8,283
January 2007

shit, $500 to get paid?, that's crazy, I was thinking on placing some of my games there, but Windows sells so little that I feel it's not worth at all my time..
it amazes me how different are these app stores, heck, RIM and Intel pay you whatever you make each month.

Trent:
how many months took you to reach those $455 ?
do the other Windows stores where you have your game sell any good ?

---------------
BovioSoft

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

vbovio said:

Trent:
how many months took you to reach those $455 ?

Not sure exactly. Maybe 3 months?

Quote:

do the other Windows stores where you have your game sell any good ?

GamersGate sells pretty good. Ubuntu Software Center sold good in the beginning. Those are the only ones besides iOS/Mac. Hopefully Android will do OK as I'm releasing there in a little while.

EDIT:

Anybody who wants codes, it's a free-for-all. Here's a bunch:

TA6U4-D9F88-3CCL5-9KPDQ-UCFTI
VSOAR-5T5VV-617AZ-O4K77-XG2DW
KWC7N-XZD78-SNAHI-PJISO-WDB5L
SNKFD-EFUCV-TQWPL-P5P0H-YJ1RZ
GETIF-5K4YV-ZCLTM-JBPE1-1TD2S
ZJCAF-DWOV3-9WOQH-2UCRK-5ZXEN

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I bought Monster 2 RPG for my iPhone. It's a pretty neat little RPG :)

I'm looking forward to playing it on something with a much bigger screen (I claimed one of the Desura Codes :))

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I used ZJCAF-DWOV3-9WOQH-2UCRK-5ZXEN

axilmar
Member #1,204
April 2001

I installed Desura and then the game Lazercat, but it fails to start without any error report. Anyone knows anything?

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I used ZJCAF-DWOV3-9WOQH-2UCRK-5ZXEN

Yeah that was the first one I tried and it said it was already claimed by 'BHXSpecter' (or something like that). I'm guessing that was you :)

I used: GETIF-5K4YV-ZCLTM-JBPE1-1TD2S

Edit:

axilmar said:

I installed Desura and then the game Lazercat, but it fails to start without any error report. Anyone knows anything?

They both fail to start? I haven't even downloaded Monster 2 seeing as how I'm at work.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

axilmar
Member #1,204
April 2001

The Desura client works. The game fails to start, with no error message whatsoever.

Go to: