Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » 3D forum: talk, don't write.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
3D forum: talk, don't write.
jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

I have just answered to Matthew

That made my day! :D

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

media player

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

I just opened this thread and ALL the media players auto-played on their own. Scared the crap out of me. :-/

SiegeLord said:

Don't want to ruin the fantasy of these ridiculous voices you all have in my head

In my head, everyone sounds like me. Quite boring. :(

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Apparently my great (great?) grandfather (the one that immigrated over) changed his name at the border to Fjellstrom from Larsson.

Well, that name should be easy at least:

video

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

And here I thought it was "Lar-son".

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

bamccaig: I had to turn my speakers all the way up to hear your recording. Then of course I forgot to turn them back down for the audio clip, and now my ears are bleeding. So, thanks for that... >:(

Yeah, I don't know why that is... :-/ I guess you could say because I'm soft spoken, but still I don't think it should be that quiet. I assume something is wrong with my hardware/software configuration, but fuck if I know. :( The volume on the microphone itself is full, and the volume controls in the software that I can find are full too. :-/ Halp. :(

Append:

@AMCerasoli: The reason for recording a cappella is that the only way that I know how to record with the music is by playing the original song in the background, and in that case you can't easily differentiate my voice from the real vocals. Even with that aside, I don't know how to do it well. I have tried with my stereo playing in the background, but the music is more quiet than I am with the volume cranked pretty much as high as I can without getting kicked out. ;)

I basically just don't know how to do it so that it'll be useful. :) I much prefer having the music too, but I don't have a sound crew and lack the tools/skills to do it myself. ;) Normally when I'm practising I do play the song, but I also want to hear myself so I often have one side of my earphones off. When I'm actually recording it I find that I do horrible if I'm being masked by the original artist so I go a step further and plug my headphones into my mic so I'm hearing myself directly (and therefore can't be listening to the song in my headphones). I also find that if I'm singing along to a recording with vocals that I can sometimes have trouble staying in sync with it. If I do it a cappella then I can somewhat control the speed of things.

Basically, I am in need of learning to make better recordings. ??? I have no idea what else to do.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Did you remember to turn the mic on? :-X ;D

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Audacity's amplify can put it at a decent level. Just click ok, and see if it's loud enough.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I hate the way my voice sounds on the phone and recordings. The remedy for this is that apparently my headset/microphone combo isn't detected by Ubuntu as being connected to my sound card so I can't record anything on mic, but can hear everything just fine.

someone972
Member #7,719
August 2006

@bamccaig: Not sure what your mic configuration is but you could make sure it's in the right jack (mic jacks are powered as you may know, so it would work differently from a line-in type). I didn't have any trouble understanding what you said for the most part (the volume being the main factor when I couldn't), and your rapping was neat to hear too :).

@Thomas: Your Optimus Prime voice reminded me of batman from the newer movies :D.

This is a fun thread. I don't have a mic set up on my computer, and all the ones I have (where ever they are) are horrible, so I guess I'll be sitting out on this one.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why. -Unknown
I have recklessly set in motion a chain of events with the potential to so-drastically change the path of my life that I can only find it to be beautifully frightening.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Very strange hearing everyone's voice -- they are not what I expected.

About the same with seeing everyone's real face in a photo after seeing some avatar for years.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

About the same with seeing everyone's real face in a photo after seeing some avatar for years.

What the hell do you imagine I look like?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

A gopher?

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

A gopher?

I really am 1 1/2 foot tall.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

A gopher?

{"name":"fighting-gopher-01.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/6\/96582ad0e80b26c2c275a4b5deae1383.jpg","w":460,"h":468,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/6\/96582ad0e80b26c2c275a4b5deae1383"}fighting-gopher-01.jpg

{"name":"605790","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/e\/1ef85e18eb474af408993310df1538d8.jpg","w":334,"h":442,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/e\/1ef85e18eb474af408993310df1538d8"}605790

Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

But then the question becomes, is that your wife and kids or your mom and dad and you are one of the three kids? ;)

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

I do have a wife and three kids.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Just a wife and one son for me. Can't handle anymore.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I have a son-wife. It's a hybrid.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I have a son-wife. It's a hybrid.

You married your transgender son? ???

<mumbles>Try not to judge! Try not to judge! Try not to judge!...</mumbles> ;) :P

Side Note: I know why my mic didn't work. Apparently, a Compaq Presario sound card set up of rear and front jacks throws Ubuntu for a loop.

Got my mic working under Ubuntu. I hate my voice so don't expect me to do this more than this one time.
media player

lambik
Member #899
January 2001

His wife is pregnant?

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

You married your hermaphroditic love child?

You married your transgender son? ???

I'm from the future. I concede that things may appear a bit strange to you now, but you will come to accept them... in time...

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Epic thread! :)

media player

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

1   2   3   4 

Go to: