Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » 3D forum: talk, don't write.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
3D forum: talk, don't write.
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Trezker said:

And too bad you didn't sing, I was getting ready to criticize you.

Exactly what I thought! I was like "terrible American Idol audition moment, here we come!" and then nothing. >:(

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

Question to non-native English speakers: do native English speaking people seem like they talk fast compared to people speaking in your native language?

I think that has to do with your knowledge of the language. I remember having the impression that people talked English very fast and I couldn't follow, but I don't feel that any more. Although there are a few things that may make English slower (existence of long vowels, and maybe the need to exaggerate the pronunciation of some words so it doesn't get confused with a different, similarly pronounced, word).

Quote:

when I hear somebody speak Spanish (lots of that here), it sounds like they are talking at least three times faster.

There's some people that speak Spanish really fast. But when I hear some Italian... now that's fast.

Here in Spain we have a funny accent you can distinguish from the rest of the Spanish speaking countries in all the world and it's the way we pronounce the "s". In South America and even here at Spain in some provinces the difference betwen the "s" and the "z" is very noticeable, but here we pronounce the "z" as it was a "s" so there is no difference, and that makes a very huge difference, yhea just one letter.

You're generalizing a lot there. Some people from the South can't pronounce 'z' (and pronounce it like an s), but in general most Spanish people pronounce it correctly. A lot of south Americans pronounce 'z' like a "sonorous s" (I don't know if that's the correct English therm).

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Trezker said:

Samuel Henderson: There's a little echo on your recording, intentional?

Yeah, sort of. That's what the default 'Voice Project' gets you in Garage Band. I kind of liked it so I didn't bother messing around with stuff to remove it.

Quote:

Wait... God, is that you?

I think you've known this for a while 8-)

Quote:

Maybe there should be a dedicated karaoke thread.

That would be pretty interesting!

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Ben Delacob
Member #6,141
August 2005

media player

"Hello. This is my voice. I'm not sure if it's my normal voice because I'm sick."

Edit: Oops: .wav avoid for now

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Pfft. 80 posts and still no "My voice is my passport. Verify me.". :(

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Un? What does that means? A movie?

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

More of my voice....with the machina!

video

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

AMCerasoli: Sneakers or Uplink. Take your pick.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Mmmh Sneakers, such a classic.

My favorite scene from that movie:

video

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Well as I said I hate my voice, but since I was told to say something else I said something else, thought not much longer than the first one.

media player

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

What the hell do you imagine I look like?

A gopher?

Found it!

{"name":"57b4ba8de9747c967472f3caa35d178a.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/7\/57b4ba8de9747c967472f3caa35d178a.jpg","w":480,"h":640,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/7\/57b4ba8de9747c967472f3caa35d178a"}57b4ba8de9747c967472f3caa35d178a.jpg

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

1   2   3   4 

Go to: