Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Sohni (gameplay demo video)

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Sohni (gameplay demo video)
Hyena_
Member #8,852
July 2007

You guys have been helping me a lot lately with various problems related to developing this game and I am very grateful. Therefore I wanted to show you my progress so far. It's supposed to be an adventure game based on Estonian national epic. Most of the graphics are drawn by my brother but we are having trouble getting character sprites so we are currently using a couple of hexen sprites as place holders. The game uses Allegro5.0.5 and Lua52a.

video

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Is he peeing at 1:00? ???

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

The style's cool. I like the generous use of effects, and, obviously the backgrounds are very nice.

Matthew Leverton said:

Brain make peepee thoughts from sound >:U

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

As Oatesy.

You even manage to turn walking past a tree into an epic adventure ;D

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Well I'm impressed. It looks beautiful, I want to play! Whats the progress looking like as a percentage?

And keep going!

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Hyena_
Member #8,852
July 2007

He's not peeing :D, but the sound is a bit wrong yes. He is supposed to pour the water bucket into the cauldron.

Completion percentage is hard to measure but I can say I am almost satisfied with the engine so it's pretty much adding content from now on (scripts, gfx and sfx).

The first demo release date is before Christmas and we are hoping to get the first chapter done by then. Next release date is the end of January when we must have proper ending.

Yodhe23
Member #8,726
June 2007

Well done, looks nice.
Reminds me of the old Gargoyle games on the ZX Speccy, Heavy on the Magick, or Tir Na Nog, or maybe Graftgolds, DragonTorc of Avalon. Infact they probably have nothing in common with your game, but from that video that was the impression I got of it. Hope you remain inspired to finish and polish the game off.

www.justanotherturn.com

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

excellent. Did you use A5 to make it ?

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

Quote:

excellent. Did you use A5 to make it ?

Hyena_ said:

The game uses Allegro5.0.5 and Lua52a.

I don't think so :P

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Silly me.

Best game I've seen from A5 so far.

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

It looks great. Good job.

Striker
Member #10,701
February 2009

Fantastic sound, wonderful graphics, looking forward to test the game! :o

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Yhea, I would like to know how is the gameplay.

J-Gamer
Member #12,491
January 2011

I would really like to test this game(if it were in a language I could understand :p)
It looks good ^^

Minor issue:
When switching screens, the music kinda breaks suddenly... Maybe you could make it fade out?

" There are plenty of wonderful ideas in The Bible, but God isn't one of them." - Derezo
"If your body was a business, thought would be like micro-management and emotions would be like macro-management. If you primarily live your life with emotions, then you are prone to error on the details. If you over-think things all the time you tend to lose scope of priorities." - Mark Oates

Go to: