Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » minecraft LAN cannot connect

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
minecraft LAN cannot connect
Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

Hello,
Any idea what setting in windows firewall would be blocking minecraft? on my local lan I have to turn off firewall for the private network profile. It's defo firewall as if I set server on the other computer it's fine so I've probably clicked on block at somepoint by mistake...

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Found by 5 seconds of googling, so might not be it, but it seems to be what you want: http://www.technipages.com/blockunblock-programs-in-windows-firewall.html.

---------
Signature.
----
[My Website] | [My YouTube Channel]

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

Nope, I already took all of java out of the list in the hope it would ask me again and in firewall there are no blocked incoming or outgoing connections.

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

someone972
Member #7,719
August 2006

Have you set port 25565 (or whatever one you are using) as unblocked in the firewall? I assume you are talking about a server and not the client.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why. -Unknown
I have recklessly set in motion a chain of events with the potential to so-drastically change the path of my life that I can only find it to be beautifully frightening.

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

Already tried that, though I doubt it's needed given this is all local traffic. I guess I could restore all settings to default...

Neil.

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Hm, my firewall seems to have a separate entry for Minecraft.exe (I'm using the downloadable client). Perhaps add a rule allowing said exe file? If you're using the browser version, perhaps try the downloadable client?

---------
Signature.
----
[My Website] | [My YouTube Channel]

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

You don't need a firewall entry for the client, at least with the built in firewall in Windows. You just need to open it up on the server.

Go to: