Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Found out I'm a little Sexist.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Found out I'm a little Sexist.
verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

{"name":"604767","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/5\/551ba96aeebb85407e26e8867eb9e60b.jpg","w":620,"h":499,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/5\/551ba96aeebb85407e26e8867eb9e60b"}604767

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

They do alternate the names of hurricanes in North America based on gender. Some years back, we had a hurricane Bob. As to a hurricane Zoidberg, you will not be safe anywhere, considering how inept he is as a doctor. As to sexism, I watched part of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" last night. In one scene, Dr. Frankenfurter turned everyone to stone. You could see Brad's organ clearly but they blurred Janet's body parts.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

An Italian commedian put it this way:

Quote:

Vorrei ricordare ai giovani che bisogna imparare dagli americani.. gli americani danno agli uragani i nomi, CI SARA' UN CAZZO DI MOTIVO!
E' questo il motivo: perchè un uragano, come una donna, quando arriva è caldo e avvolgente e quando se ne va t'ha portato via la casa e la macchina.

(my translation:)

Quote:

I would like to remind the young that we must learn from the Americans .. Americans give female names to hurricanes, THERE MUST BE A ONE FUCKING REASON!
And this is why: because a hurricane, like a woman, when it arrives is warm and enveloping, and when it leaves it has taken away from you the house and the car.

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

Katia might be the next hurricane.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

Doubt it. She sounds foreign.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Considering how easy it is for people to enter the U.S. (read: Obama's uncle and aunt), I don't think she will have a problem getting in, even with a foreign name. Is spell check flagging "Obama" because ML refuses to acknowledge his presidency?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

We thought we had a category F0 tornado in England 30 years ago, but it turns out it was just my dad closing the car door.

Who would win in a fight, a tornado or a hurricane?

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Hurricane blows the tornado away with 11800000 results vs 12000000 results.

That or Googlefight is ever so slightly broken ;D;D

[EDIT]
It worked when I refreshed. On the first attempt, the hurricane bar was huge and the tornado bar was at about a tenth, despite the figures clearly showing something quite different.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

A tornado is at most 2 miles wide, whereas a hurricane is hundreds of miles wide, and lasts for days instead of a half hour. Also, hurricanes spawn tornadoes, so tornadoes are hurricanes bitches.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

1   2 

Go to: