Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Installing the Allegro library in netbeans version 6.9, on the Ubuntu OS.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Installing the Allegro library in netbeans version 6.9, on the Ubuntu OS.
Apo45ty
Member #13,023
July 2011

??????????????????
I am new to ubuntu and to programing in fact my background is Windows 7 OS and Dev-C++ as my IDE, so my knowledge of IDEs and OS is not a lot. I would appreciate any help on hoe to install allegro in my situation.
???

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

1. Download and install gcc and cmake using your package manager.

2. Download the source code from
http://alleg.sourceforge.net/download
or from
http://www.allegro.cc/files/

3. Read 'README_cmake.txt' in the allegro folder.

4. Compile allegro using cmake.

cd allegro
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DSHARED=On -G "UNIX Makefiles" ..
make
make install

Alternatively, you can use ccmake instead of cmake. It will give you a shitty pretend gui interface you can use to configure options for building allegro.

5. Create a new project using Netbeans and configure it to link against allegro.

6. Profit

van_houtte
Member #11,605
January 2010

1. Learn to use ubuntu for basic stuff, surfin the net, trollin' allegro.cc et all

2. Write hello world using your favourite linux ide

3. RTFM

4. Compile

-----
For assistance, please register and click on this link to PM a moderator

Sometimes you may have to send 3-4 messages

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

It will give you a pretend gui interface you can use to configure options for building allegro.

It will do exactly what it's supposed to do, give you a terminal-based interactive interface. If you want a GUI interface, there's gui-cmake or whatever it's called.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I'd also suggest using cmake-gui over ccmake. The only time ccmake is useful is if you have only ssh account and no window manager.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Elias said:

I'd also suggest using cmake-gui over ccmake. The only time ccmake is useful is if you have only ssh account and no window manager.

Oh, I wouldn't say I agree with that - I never use cmake-gui but I use ccmake quite regularly to switch options on or off.
Still, I don't complain that I'd prefer cmake-gui to give me a console-based interface rather than a flashy GUI. ;)

Apo45ty
Member #13,023
July 2011

Wow this will take some research Thank you Edgar Reynaldo, Evert and Elias im going to look into it hopefully ill be able to do it...

Edit: I have been trying to use cmake to compile allegro but it continues to give me the following error on the terminal :
-- Allowing GCC to use SSE instructions
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:567 (message):
X11 requieres Xcursor support

Edit: Problem Solved !!!! thank you !!
i had to download xcursor and rebuild the the build folder

Go to: