Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Pet peeves.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Pet peeves.
Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

You never made a 3D game in VGA mode 19? You had to multiply three of the vars in your matrix to avoid distortion. Seriously, you never even drew a circle with GW-Basic?

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

"Hey, you wanna know something?"
" No "
"I was in the supermarket yesterday..."

In capitalist America bank robs you.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

I admit that this is stupid on my part but... it kinda gets to me when people say cut and paste when they obviously mean copy and paste. :-/

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

That reminds me: people who use the word "lag" to denote any kind of stutter, jitter or performance problem. >:(

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

gnolam said:

That reminds me: people who use the word "lag" to denote any kind of stutter, jitter or performance problem.

You're not alone!

Another Pet peeve: I get really annoyed when people claim all games on consoles run at a steady 60 fps, while the truth is some of these games can only reach 30fps at all. >:( (And also the people who think anything else lower than 60fps is unplayable)

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

Dario ff said:

And also the people who think anything else lower than 60fps is unplayable

Actually one of my pet peeves is playing anything with less than 60fps, or more than 25ms latency. :P

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I hate when I try to cut and paste something if the lag makes the frame rate drop below 60 fps. >:(

Go to: