Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I wasn't aware portals to the nether worked on any server. But if they did, that would rock.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Here's my progress on a 60-diameter puppy.

You have way too much free time my friend. :) ;)

Quote:

can portals to the Nether be opened on our server?

As far as I know, the Nether is not working yet on SMP servers.

EDIT: Heh, double beaten!

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Well, that sucks. And it's not too much time to make; I've been working on it off-and-on for 10 minute spurts over about a week now ...

{"name":"603535","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/f\/7fca1c35dcfafd10ae77198ba337f763.png","w":854,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/f\/7fca1c35dcfafd10ae77198ba337f763"}603535

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

You should have made it out of Stone or Obsidian.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Meh. I have 5 chests full of Cobblestone, I work with what I got. :) If I do go a Death Star route, I'll probably make the main dish out of Stone.

Obsidian would be way too much work. I'm not that hardcore. :)

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Why must school take up so much time? I could be building awesome stuff too! Waahhh!!!

The sad thing is, I may not have internet during Spring Break, when I'll have time to play.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Why must work take up so much time? And sap all of my computing desire for the day? :(

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

What is wrong with you? ;) I could never sit down in front of a computer and have no desire to do anything with it. My problem is the usual: play over projects.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

When you're a full time software developer, you want to do something besides sit at a computer even more when you get home. :P

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I haven't really run into that issue yet. I'm sitting here at home coding right now. It's just C++ instead of C#. :P

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I just get sick of staring at the screen. I need to get my lazy ass to the gym or something. :P

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Buy a Bowflex.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I'll just take bambam's when he buys his guitar. :)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

;D

I understand both sides to the story. Sometimes I spend all day and all evening on the computer and enjoy every minute of it (usually, this results in me staying up way too late), but other times by the time I get home I have no energy to sit at a computer and watch TV instead (probably because for the past month I've stayed up way too late at night). Some nights I don't even have energy for that and go to bed at like 7pm... Microsoft software is mentally exhausting joke here. Honestly, it probably has more to do with the hours that I keep, and my eventual need to catch back up, but I'm sure that the stress of dealing with Microsoft's software doesn't help any. :P

I do intend to eventually get back into using my BowFlex, but I've been drained for the past few weeks. I'm so busy with things that I prioritize that I can't even find time to watch recorded TV shows or play video games... I hope that spring/summer will help to boost my energy/motivation. If that doesn't suffice then perhaps I should seek medical assistance. :P

As for the guitar, I'm rather torn still. While I do enjoy playing with my keyboard, I don't get as much use of it as I'd like (see above for justification). There's a chance that I'd use the guitar more often if the game makes it accessible to me, but even still there's a chance that I wouldn't be able to make time for it (see above). :-/ I'm waiting for ML to say that it's worth it. :P It sounds like I'll have to wait for restocking and order from multiple sites... It won't be pleasant getting a hold of the guitar and MIDI controller in Canada. That also means that I'll be purchasing them blindly.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Dum de dum de dum ....

{"name":"603547","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/5\/75dbbfddf0562593bf2dba60176fbc65.png","w":854,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/5\/75dbbfddf0562593bf2dba60176fbc65"}603547

{"name":"603548","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/8\/284f8f903aa517725cd25f887fcf112b.png","w":854,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/8\/284f8f903aa517725cd25f887fcf112b"}603548

{"name":"603549","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/1\/e1e011dad2e9a994faa9636248a8d455.png","w":854,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/1\/e1e011dad2e9a994faa9636248a8d455"}603549

16 circles to go. The stairs on the left are to coax some grass up so I can make a greenhouse floor.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Where's that building 23? I can never find it. :(

Also, is Cartography turned off? If that's the case, why not just do it once a day? That wouldn't cause as much lag like the last time.

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

What building? I'm making that thing up there in single player. I made a moon with a diameter of 10 on our server, but lately my connection to any server has pretty much been crap. So I can't share my goodies ... sad face.

Not sure if the Cartography comment was directed at me, I don't really use any mods ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

What building? I'm making that thing up there in single player.

So I was looking for that awesome thing all the time on the server when it was on your single player map? :(

Quote:

Not sure if the Cartography comment was directed at me

Oh sorry, that's directed for BAF or CGames whenever they read it. It's a tool for rendering the map, the one used at mcmap.baf.cc. Though I just call it Cartography and the name of the program might be totally different.

My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

If I could click on a chest and have it open in less than a minute, I'd totally do some sphere art on the shared server. I'd also need mountains of stone/cobblestone, mind you ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Dario ff said:

Though I just call it Cartography and the name of the program might be totally different.

Cartograph?

---------
Signature.
----
[My Website] | [My YouTube Channel]

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Yup. But that one is outdated now and won't work with the new map format.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Tectonicus works with the new format. Minetographer, which uses Tectonicus as it's rendering engine, still comes with the old version, but you can just rename the new Tectonicus .jar file and replace the one that Minetographer comes with.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Is Minetographer the best solution for us to use? I haven't done any research into it, but I can look into setting it up.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Is Minetographer the best solution for us to use? I haven't done any research into it, but I can look into setting it up.

Minetographer is just a GUI front-end for Tectonicus, so perhaps you should look at the latter instead if you're going to be automating. Tectonicus supports player positions and signs, but not POIs. I personally prefer its map format, which is isometric. Its format is rather large though. On the default settings, a map takes up 1.7Gb.

Go to: