Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?
23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Working for me. No one there so ima /dance until the boss looks away. :)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I saw you chatting, and I popped a message up from the console. I was downloading the new patch.

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Hey, it's working great, even with monsters! :-*

Shame the starting area is one big desert. :(

When it's working with the new version, you should really get hey0's mod so we can use commands such as /playerlist, to see who's online.

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I tried to connect, but I kept getting disconnected. Not sure which end the problem was on. My internet is working fine, but no one else was having problems.

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

It's working even better than single player!

I think the decaying leaves are causing the framerate issues.

EDIT: See if you can find my hidden base with diamond tools inside ;D

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I tried to connect, but I kept getting disconnected. Not sure which end the problem was on. My internet is working fine, but no one else was having problems.

2010-12-20 16:13:11 [INFO] NeilBlack lost connection: disconnect.overflow
2010-12-20 16:13:16 [INFO] NeilBlack [/98.93.xx.xx:50219] logged in with entity
 id 55818
Player count: 3
2010-12-20 16:13:23 [INFO] <NeilBlack> Keep losing connection
2010-12-20 16:13:38 [INFO] NeilBlack lost connection: disconnect.overflow

I see this in the logs repeatedly. Not sure what 'disconnect.overflow' means. There's a thread on it here.

There's also lots of weird timing log entries:

2010-12-20 16:43:31 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
2010-12-20 16:44:01 [WARNING] Time ran backwards! Did the system time change?
2010-12-20 16:58:41 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
2010-12-20 16:59:13 [WARNING] Time ran backwards! Did the system time change?

I saw the "can't keep up" warning pop up occasionally on the cgamesplay.com server's logs, but it seems to be showing up a lot now, along with these strange 'time ran backwards' warnings. I think Notch just sucks at programming. :-X [The time running backwards was ntpd running and being stupid. That should be fixed now.]

At any rate, I don't think its a server or network load issue on my end, I think its just buggy code:

{"name":"602900","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/4\/94b5d10552aae8ad7ce5994824934f6e.png","w":1782,"h":939,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/4\/94b5d10552aae8ad7ce5994824934f6e"}602900

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

I connected just to see how it works (Don't really have time for playing now), and while I can connect I can't really do anything because after digging something it just reappears :X (same as I had with the previous server really)

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

You have to move away from the spawn point. Anything near spawn will reappear unless you're an op.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

One does not simply walk out of a.cc

It took me a few tries to give up. I might try again later and see if I'm still having the issue.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

See above, it seems to be a minecraft problem, and not necessarily any issue with your system or your internet.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Yeah, I read over the page you linked to. Hope Notch fixes it soon.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I made a little sand bunker, which was delayed a bit because it turned night before I could really do anything, then Dario joined while it was night, and ended up leading a zombie and skeleton to the bunker before I even had a wall. We had to deal with them bare handed. Dario did kill the skeleton at least (zombie had killed him a ways away somehow, I was more focus on making sure the skeleton was trapped behind this block because his pathfinding was broke)

I attempted a shaft, but noticed that Dario made a "Love Shack".

A ladder shaft in an attempt to get diamonds was made as well.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

I attempted a shaft, but noticed that Dario made a "Love Shack".

Oh yeah, now it's the "Allegroites' starters shack". :P There's some tools to get new people geared up a bit, I already made my tower a bit away from there.

Anyway, pretty impressed with the good performance of the server. Shame Neil Black can't connect though.

There are some new bugs with this update(I ended up with an infinite wooden door stack), and some items duplicate, but will vanish if used. It gets a bit annoying having to do inventory management with false items.

Hope Notch and their team gets fixing these bugs pretty quickly. Had a lot of fun on the server, I'll be around for a while for sure! :)

My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Notch'll get the bug worked out soon enough, and then I'll be able to hop on with you guys.

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

We had some fun with Dario and his inverted pyramid. We experienced a few glitches, like for example being able to create infinite doors, turning dirt into coal and torches dissapear if you plant a crop next to a torch in a wall.

I found a few diamonds myself and found a very interesting cave near my base, I marked it with 3 torches if anyone's curious.

-----

Mokkan
Member #4,355
February 2004

I was just in the server for a few hours. Lots of fun. 8-)

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Mokkan said:

I was just in the server for a few hours. Lots of fun.

Yep, saw your place nearby. It's looking good.

The performance of the server seems to have dropped severely though. It seems that the new server software is just... way more buggy and unstable. I'm getting the disconnection problems Neil Black posted about, and it seems to be related to a hardcoded limit? Hopefully most of this stuff gets fixed in the next days.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I had fun. Found a massive underground network that almost reached the bedrock. Laid about 400 torches and killed 20+ mobs. At least I got lots of iron.

EDIT: And about time the client started remembering the URL/IP ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Erikster
Member #9,510
February 2008

Well, the view from the spawn point was great. I decided to climb up this wonderful tower. Inside was a smelter, which wouldn't let me smelt. I left it, climbed up the ladder inside the tower until...

Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed.

:'(

Cat! I'm a kitty cat. And I dance dance dance, and I dance dance dance.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Look for the mine entrance on the island with trees near the spawn point. Birthday Cake Cave is my mine entrance. :)

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

I found 11 iron ore down in that cave :D. Also if you see a brimestone wall going up halfway down a dark cavern, there's an exploding monster behind it.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

So, anyone know what's causing the disconnect problem? Is it something that will plague me until it's fixed, or will it just happen when certain conditions are met?

I just tried again and still can't stay connected, so I'm leaning towards the first option.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I got DC'ed once, otherwise all good.

EDIT: Made a little underwater entrance to the tunnel system by the spawn point; good times. Should make a little storage station down there like the "starter hut" ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Now I am getting disconnected all the time, is anyone affected too?

Also, this:

{"name":"602908","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/9\/f9b5b496e203962d6f1a1cea85df278b.png","w":1366,"h":738,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/9\/f9b5b496e203962d6f1a1cea85df278b"}602908

-----

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Now I am getting disconnected all the time, is anyone affected too?

Quote:

cphoton left the game.
cphoton joined the game.
cphoton left the game.
cphoton joined the game.
cphoton left the game.
cphoton joined the game.
cphoton left the game.
cphoton joined the game.
cphoton left the game.
cphoton joined the game.
cphoton left the game.