Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » the rent is too damn high

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
the rent is too damn high
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

... so I bought a house.

{"name":"602559","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/f\/3f72098ca3b87da2dbe717b3521f86db.jpg","w":800,"h":600,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/f\/3f72098ca3b87da2dbe717b3521f86db"}602559

Actually I just placed an offer on it, but I know it will be accepted as long as the title and everything is clean (e.g., no mortgages against the house that the bank didn't know about, etc...).

I look forward to the day I can sit on my porch with my shotgun, shooting at all the "squirrels" that walk past.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Don't forget the moose ("but first we get moose and squirrel!").

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

It looks exactly like the house I always dreamed of buying in America until my Mum suggested that I'll never get let in to America :(

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Don't forget the moose ("but first we get moose and squirrel!").

Hey! :(

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Actually it adds a whole new level to "get off my lawn" when it has some buckshot behind it!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I look forward to the day I can sit on my porch with my shotgun, shooting at all the "squirrels" that walk past.

Where's your refrigerator?

Historical note: Refrigerators used to be placed on the front porches of houses because it was a sign of wealth, and therefor something to flaunt to your neighbors.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Nice! Who lives in the part on the right?

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

You're getting Dish Network!?!? :o

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Quote:

You're getting Dish Network!?!? :o

No, the people he's buying from had it. That's why they have to sell the house.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Where's your refrigerator?

I cannot afford one. You know why.

Nice! Who lives in the part on the right?

I dunno. The garage is plenty big enough for me.

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

It's got a chimney so presumably a fireplace - does it get cold in your part of the world ?

My Mum and her (second) husband were just in Chicago for 10 days. They had a good time. People told me it'd be cold for them but they didn't mention it.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

It has no fireplace. The chimney is just a vent for the central heating. I live northwest of Chicago, and yes it gets very cold in the winter.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

looks a little rough. I would re code the grapical interface.

i bet its huge on the inside though.

house are a bit to much over here. so i am tring to by an boat from the US and ship it here for me to live on.

these are the cheepes one i found in my price range so far.

http://www.ablboats.com/details.php?id=89489

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1988-Carver-Mariner-97258985

http://www.yachtauctions.com/listing.php?vessel=5397

http://www.boatingbay.com/listings/1986-Carver-36-Mariner-65264.html

http://www.popyachts.com/Page/Site-Listing/174/Page.html?Registered

one of these will be the outLine for my space ship.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

piccolo said:

one of these will be the outLine for my space ship.

{"name":"602560","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/9\/29936856de838dc0a4ba1371b0b1b8ef.jpg","w":400,"h":311,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/9\/29936856de838dc0a4ba1371b0b1b8ef"}602560

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

piccolo said:

i bet its huge on the inside though.

It was designed by Time Lords.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

It was designed by Time Lords.

My sister house is the same thing. those US houses are like ant mounds.

@Jesse Lenney
Im not kidding though. I need to get one of these boats before the import tax goes up again. it was 55% right now its 22.25%.

First I'm going to make it Selfsafisant then I'm going to invent a new type of palpation.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I kind of worry about piccolo. :-/ Also, piccolo! \o/ It's been months since I've seen him post!

I'm skeptical about ML buying this house... If it was cheap enough I could maybe see it I guess, but it doesn't look like much. Probably leaks a lot of energy and it's small anyway so you don't get a lot with it.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

It cost as much as a PS3, two glowing wand sticks, and a dusty keyboard. :-X

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Bah, I've owned my own home for years. Poor ML will have mortgage payments while I'm sitting back and enjoying my huge, totally paid off lawn and my nice, totally paid off home. 8-)

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

while I'm sitting back and enjoying my huge, totally paid off lawn and my nice, totally paid off home

Not when he starts charging membership fees for the site.

Nice house. I'd change the blue though, it's a bit of a gay looking shade. British Racing green would look nice.

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

I'd go with purple.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I like the color scheme. Don't go with purple. A house in my old neighborhood was painted purple, the only way to describe it was "purple gothic nail polish". The couple who painted it wanted to piss off the neighbors. The owners were a lesbian couple while the neighbors were Catholic priests.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Poor ML will have mortgage payments while I'm sitting back and enjoying my huge, totally paid off lawn and my nice, totally paid off home.

Unfortunately I'm not getting a loan, but even if I were, the payments would be less than rent. Why? The rent is too damn high.

I don't want a large lawn. It just means more grass to mow.

I'd change the blue though, it's a bit of a gay looking shade.

Agreed.

Yodhe23
Member #8,726
June 2007

Looks like one of those "wooden" houses, which just seem like an overgrown shed from my English perspective.

Though there is no feeling in the world, like being able to close one's own door on it, so to speak...

Hope it works out well for you.

www.justanotherturn.com

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

3M's purple looks suspiciously close to the Magic Oink! But British Racing Green? How about Corvette Yellow with a big fat black racing stripe? Vroom vroom!

Go to: