Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Minecraft Redstone circuits. Clock?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Minecraft Redstone circuits. Clock?
Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I don't want to hijack the main Minecraft thread, as this isn't really a general Minecraft question, but a circuit design question in Minecraft.

I've been fooling around with the redstone and circuits in Minecraft, making the basic logic gates and such.

I've got a circuit that gives out a regular pulse. I got it from minecraftwiki.net's Redstuff circuits page, which calls it a 5-clock. This thing:

{"name":"601926","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/e\/fe4267183dea8dbbb505419238de5d35.png","w":858,"h":482,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/e\/fe4267183dea8dbbb505419238de5d35"}601926

With that basic, regular pulse I hope to design a clock. For the output I'd like to have four redstone torches, with only one being active at a time to indicate the time of day, being either noon, dusk, midnight, or dawn.

This idea goes a bit beyond my abilities, though. I'd struggle just to design a full-adder. I can't get schematics for various gates and simple things from the Minecraft forums and wiki, but I'm not sure how to combine them into what I want.

I guess I'm just looking for some help, maybe someone can point me in the right direction here? In the meantime, I'm gonna go give that full-adder a try.

I am Mildly Annoying Man!
I barely witnessed it. I was half asleep at the time. At first I thought he had fallen out of bed, but then I slowly realized that he had, in fact, just jump-kicked his way into consciousness.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

{"name":"300px-NandFullAdder.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/4\/74631c55a7991362a74929bb8cd4753c.png","w":300,"h":102,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/4\/74631c55a7991362a74929bb8cd4753c"}300px-NandFullAdder.png

We would be a lot safer if the Government would take its money out of science and put it into astrology and the reading of palms. Only in superstition is there hope. If you want to become a friend of civilization, then become an enemy of the truth and a fanatic for harmless balderdash. — Kurt Vonnegut

Go to: