Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » short-track

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
short-track
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Short-track speed skating is the only thing worth watching during Winter Olympics. The Koreans were 1-2-3 going into the final turn, when they knocked themselves out trying to pass each other. ;D

Apolo Ohno (USA) takes silver (his sixth career Olympics medal) and John Celski (USA) takes bronze! Canada fails to place despite getting a free spot in the finals.

And what was up with that lame opening day ceremony? Canadians cannot even light a torch!

GO USA!!!!!

;D

Chicago 2016!

~

Update:

USA takes gold and bronze in women's moguls! Has Canada ever won a gold in anything?

Go USA!!!!!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Has Canada ever won a gold in anything?

Only in sports that matter.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

The only sports that matter are pepsi-chugging contests, thumb wrestling and indoor "sports". India seems to lead the latter catagory.

[EDIT]
The more I look at my new avatar, the more I think somebody else on allegro.cc had it first?

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Only in sports that matter.

So you prefer ice dancing? ;D

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

So you prefer ice dancing? ;D

Is that a sport? :o

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

The more I look at my new avatar, the more I think somebody else on allegro.cc had it first?

Kibiz0r, aka Michael Harrington. But his is cooler because it's on fire.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

If it weren't for the images in Google, I wouldn't even know there's Winter Olympics going on.

Yes, it looks familiar... but it may be just because I was recently on Wikipedia's article for Conway's game of life.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

I'm from Chicago and I can affirm to any of you that anything massive in a city in terms of spectacles would turn into a riot. If you think I'm bullshit, check out the news from the Bulls Dynasty wins in 1992, 1993, etc!

There is a reason why the summer Olympics were lost to Brazil!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

verthex said:

I'm from Chicago and I can affirm to any of you that anything massive in a city in terms of spectacles would turn into a riot.

It cannot be any worse than the mayhem in Vancouver right now! Violent Canadian protesters are smashing windows and destroying vehicles.

USA may have to send in some armed forces to save the games. :-/

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

USA may have to send in some armed forces to save the games. :-/

Only if there's an oil field somewhere nearby!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Video of the short-track event.

Final turn:

{"name":"600507","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/b\/eb1f46f225bb058094b76b65dcb0610f.png","w":632,"h":1416,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/b\/eb1f46f225bb058094b76b65dcb0610f"}600507

The shorter races are even better in terms of crashes and random winners. 8-)

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

I've always wondered if the Olympics have an outcome that is paid for and sponsored by big corporate names. In other words, that win is completely bogus.

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

This is the world's biggest hockey tournament as far as I'm concerned.. that and a music festival. I've not got a TV nor do i have any tix but every night there is party party party!

edit: 12c and sunny today. it was tshirt weather :)

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Short-track speed skating is the only thing worth watching during Winter Olympics.

I thought so too, until I saw Homer and Marge in the mixed curling event last night.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

I've never heard of Apolo Ohno before the short-track events started a few days ago. I now look up to him (because he's awesome) and short-track is now a new favorite sport to watch. Go Apolo :D

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Were you alive four years ago?

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

Were you alive four years ago?

I never cared for/watched the Olympics up until the last summer games. Then I realized that the Olympics are awesome ;D

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Peter Wang
Member #23
April 2000

Sounds like he did a Bradbury, as we say here. Looks like he learnt a valuable lesson from last time eight years ago.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Shani Davis (USA) wins gold at 1000m speed skating! Chad Hedrick (USA) takes bronze!

Canada gets the paper medal for 13th place.

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

Canada gets the paper medal for 13th place.

Was it a maple leaf?

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Apolo Anton Ohno (USA) and J.R. Celski (USA) advance to quarter finals in 1000m short-track!

~

Shaun White (USA) easily wins the Halfpipe gold! Scott Lago (USA) takes bronze!

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I was impressed by this guy, clean and jerk 263kg or 581 lbs.

video

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

On low res he looks like a fat plumber, maybe he could play mario after that one.

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

Shaun White's victory run (after he locked in the gold) was absolutely amazing :o

---

1   2   3   4 

Go to: