March 2002

or
"Facebook users are stupid"
or
"If educating users was going to work, it would have worked already"

http://www.marco.org/383925895

I'm... speechless at the stupidity.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

Holy shit I've just lost all faith in humanity.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

Well, on a sort of related note, I have ad-aware and mcafee running live and I seemed to have downloaded a spy ware program about 3 days ago called relevant knowledge (without my knowledge)... so it seems that even the most security doesn't mean anything against these "privacy intrusions" and it seems possible that everyone is susceptible to a facebook scam.

Sol Blast
Member #9,655
April 2008

Oh god no. No way.
For the sake of preserving my own understanding of reality, i can't believe this isn't some of kind of orchestrated 4chan stunt.

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Most of those comments are just for kicks... right?

---------
Signature.
----
[My Website] | [My YouTube Channel]

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Am I the only one who didn't get it? (I lost focus somewhere in the second third of that article on ReadWriteWeb though). :-/

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Read the comments.

---------
Signature.
----

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

Most of those comments are just for kicks... right?

you mean my comment, nope, dead serious!

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I thought gnolams point was that Facebook users have to be given so many links on such a small page to find their way.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Still don't get it. Read like first few comments from the top. Is the point that they tried to log in on that page?

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

I thought gnolams point was that Facebook users have to be given so many links on such a small page to find their way.

I always thought spy ware could be used for phishing attacks. Not really sure its that's relevant to the topic.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I meant that they'll click on anything that looks even vaguely where they want to go.

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

OICW said:

Still don't get it. Read like first few comments from the top. Is the point that they tried to log in on that page?

People are being stupid and think that that page is Facebook, and are angry that they can't log in. They had to add a paragraph saying that this site is not facebook, and where to find it, to shut them up (seriously, I'm currently on page 2 and it just keeps going).

---------
Signature.
----

Sol Blast
Member #9,655
April 2008

http://www.allegro.pl/my_page.php?login=allegro

"da nu is allego iz so gay! change it bk OR ELSE!!!!........ sdl lookin btter evry day"

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

This makes me weep.

And laugh a bit.

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Why the fuck would I want a teddybear?

---------
Signature.
----

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

People are being stupid and think that that page is Facebook, and are angry that they can't log in. They had to add a paragraph saying that this site is not facebook, and where to find it, to shut them up (seriously, I'm currently on page 2 and it just keeps going).

Seems like studying theory of probability for tommorow's exam took its price. I'm exhausted and too bored to skim through lots of nonsense like comments on the internet ususally are. Plus I would've never thought that people could be so stupid.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Oh god I can't decide if this is true or Poe's Law in action my brain hurts

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I can't take it seriously. Gotta be sarcasm.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

A comment on RWW said:

(...)

Screw the blog post's actual topic. The post itself is a brilliant innovation. Genius! Think about this! Everyone who can't figure out that this is a blog post about Facebook, not Facebook itself, is actually prevented from finding Facebook and logging in! Which means-- think about this, world! -- we don't have to read their status updates anymore!

It's like a digital kiddie-pen that prevents the intertube impaired from falling down the stairwell of social media!

Thank you, RWW!

He's got a point.

---------
Signature.
----

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I blame the first poster. People follow people the way sheep follow sheep.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Holy shit I've just lost all faith in humanity.

I know... :-/ All of these people think Facebook doesn't need fixing... :o Well, that would be alright if they thought it needed killing, but instead they think it needs to stay the way it is! :-/

Facebook isn't a social networking site. It's a spam networking site. Friends aren't sending each other things. Third party applications are sending subscribers (and their friends) things, trying to bait you into clicking their links by making them seem like they're from friends, probably for advertising revenue or just pure scams.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Who reads comments on posts?

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Most of the blogs I go to such as Slashdot the comments are much more informative than the post.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

1   2   3 

Go to: