Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Why phishing works

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Why phishing works
Dudeson
Member #11,689
February 2010

Dudeson, if you're lost, click here to log in to Facebook [www.facebook.com]. :)

HAHAHA! thats not what i meant! GRR!! XDD ;D

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

There's a site that looks for Twitter tweets that tells the world when you've left your house. It's called "Please Rob Me". I read about this a couple days ago, but the phrase "leaving an empty house" led me to believe that the tweeter had just moved out, trolling any would-be burglars.

http://www.itpro.co.uk/620671/i-twitter-therefore-please-rob-me

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Saw it today morning when friend of mine send me a link. Quite an irony, he's got Facebook and now even Buzz and one time he was using google tracker or how is that service called (the one which logs your GPS coordinates on the map, so everybody can see, where you are at given moment).

EDIT:
The itpro website seems to have gone down as well.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I rediscovered the link on Slashdot, go figure why they're down.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

go figure why they're down.

In that case, why is Twitter still up and running?

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Twitter has more/bigger servers? They want to be huge, so installed capacity.

[EDIT]

You have heard the term slashdotted before, haven't you?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

They're currently back. :D They should add a city filter. This would help robbers find potential targets; and make it easier for the actual idiots revealing this information to see themselves as a target.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Arthur: this, I've thought that maybe they were shut down because of the nature of information they provided.

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

My god this thread is haywire!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

{"name":"000_1021_threads_poly_assorted.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/b\/ebaa409bdd9a0f31029328e2af1ae4d8.jpg","w":600,"h":398,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/b\/ebaa409bdd9a0f31029328e2af1ae4d8"}000_1021_threads_poly_assorted.jpg
{"name":"07_15_16---Round-Hay-Bales_web.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/9\/2912dc9d8648d341cf0ce5e202a8b4bf.jpg","w":600,"h":400,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/9\/2912dc9d8648d341cf0ce5e202a8b4bf"}07_15_16---Round-Hay-Bales_web.jpg
{"name":"WIRE2.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/b\/9b6a443ae4be221cf366ac9953cfb381.jpg","w":538,"h":488,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/b\/9b6a443ae4be221cf366ac9953cfb381"}WIRE2.jpg

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

furinkan
Member #10,271
October 2008

What I've learned:

• Facebook has a crappy interface that only old people like to use

• Google will sponsor any project without first measuring how lucrative it is

• Facebook likely sells client data

• US citizens should be required to have a license to operate a PC

• Facebook users can comment on a blog using their facebook login while simultaneously not knowing how to log into facebook

• There are a lot of beautiful people on facebook, because they sure aren’t intelligent

• God has a very poor sense of humor

• Speaking of God... Matthew can we lock this and let it die? ;D

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

furinkan said:

Facebook has a crappy interface that only old people like to use

In Korea, only old people use Facebook...

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Furinkan said:

God has a very poor sense of humor

Then how do you explain a Winter Olympics without snow? ???

And Facebook?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

furinkan said:

God has a very poor sense of humor

Ah, but the whole point is God never gives you any proof of His existence or intervention. We're free to attribute everything inanely funny, or alternatively everything of failed funny, to God if we wish, and Who's to argue?

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

In Soviet Russia, Facebook only uses old people...

1   2   3 

Go to: