Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Does Allegro work with Windows 7?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Does Allegro work with Windows 7?
bludklok
Member #11,053
June 2009

Yea... same question as the topic states. "Does Allegro work with Windows 7?"

Just wondering because I've got my Windows 7 disc all ready to be installed but I don't want to go to it just to find that Allegro doesn't work.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Pretty sure it does, our fearless leader has been playing with the 7 beta since February or so. And besides, 7 is just a PR rename of Vista SP3, as Windows 2000 was a rename of NT 5.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

And besides, 7 is just a PR rename of Vista SP3

I'd have to disagree with that. Much more than a single service pack worth of work went into it.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

bludklok
Member #11,053
June 2009

"7 is just a PR rename of Vista SP3"

That's why I asked because I was pretty sure Allegro didn't work on vista. But now that I got confirmation it works on 7 I'm poppin' in the disc as we speak. :D

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

It worked fine on Vista too.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Much more than a single service pack worth of work went into it.

I just downloaded the XP SP3 rollout last night, at 316Mb it's more than half the size of the original XP iso.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

What does that have to do with anything?

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

If a service pack got as big as a new version, wouldn't it be a completely new version in itself? Like the radiator cap cure for a car, jack up the radiator cap on a malfunctioning car, roll another car underneath, then lower the radiator cap. Now all you have to do is install a new radiator cap and your car's fixed!

Schyfis
Member #9,752
May 2008

bludklok said:

That's why I asked because I was pretty sure Allegro didn't work on vista.

It's been working fine for me on Vista 32 bit as well as Vista 64 bit for as long as I've had the operating systems.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[freedwill.us]
[unTied Games]

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

Perhaps what is being referenced is the MinGW issues in Vista? (Presumably they've been resolved now in the latest version?)

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Indeed they have been resolved.

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Go to: