Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » SpeedHack?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
SpeedHack?
Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

Thanks, in exchange, here is the code I am going to go in with. Its a basic object manager, with a base object that can be used with it. I got sick of re-implementing code similar to this over and over, so I made a template version in the last Tins. Its ugly, but it works.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile
OMG my sides are hurting from laughing so hard... :D

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I updated the animation class I attached a few posts back so that it has an overloaded assinment operator as well, which I had forgotten to implement earlier.

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

I have some code here and there that I might reuse for SpeedHack... if I can make all pieces work together, that is.

Pedro Avelar Gontijo
Member #5,372
January 2005

So the competition really is going to be Friday 10th... the main page still has the Speedhack07 icon though...
Also, haven't there been any new rules in the Rule-o-Matic? Even though I'm not participating, I spare some time to vote every day, but it just tells me every time there are no new rules to rate. Moreover, many of the rules I've seen are old friends, isn't anyone suggesting new rules?

----------
兩隻老虎,兩隻老虎,跑得快!

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

isn't anyone suggesting new rules?

I did, but they're all at 0 still. I think ML is too lazy to switch something over.

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

Speedhack needs Bill Maher.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Clever.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I think submitted rules have to be moderated first? I can't recall.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Full-size version? I took the dimensions of the logos used in the speedhack page...

Yeah, a high res (full screen) size. Not that it matters, that's not a particularly great weekend for me, so I may be out.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

the main page still has the Speedhack07 icon though...

The 2009 logo has been up for a while. Are you sure you have the right year selected form the drop-down menu? Or perhaps you need to do a hard reset on the page to flush the cache.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

LennyLen said:

The 2009 logo has been up for a while.

He means on www.allegro.cc.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

He means on www.allegro.cc.

There's no logo at all on the a.cc main page.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

There...
{"name":"598862","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/f\/ef45daa7ad80499165dd62c91d45b527.png","w":871,"h":556,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/f\/ef45daa7ad80499165dd62c91d45b527"}598862

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

That was last year's logo? I could have made a nicer hand. :P Or, as the hip kids say nowadays: I could of.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

There...

So there is. I was looking at the news entry.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Allright, I'm in. I don't have the complete weekend free though, so my challenge will be to come up with something really small that's still fun to play.

Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva
Member #4,212
January 2004

I had not programmed in allegro (nor visited this forum) for the last two years or so (I am a java worker now). It was a very big luck that in the day I just randomly decided to visit allegro.cc for no reason at all and for my surprise, I saw that there is a speedhack scheduled.

This must be a sign that I must participate. :)

Well, 10 days to re-learn allegro...

BTW. Please, update the logo in the main screen. I almost missed it because I saw the 2007 logo. Saved by the anouncement in the main screen.

[The attack of the space bugs - Speedhack 2005] [Rambananas - Speedhack 2006] [Make clean - Speedhack 2009] [The source god - TINS 2010]

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

I have added loading animations out of datafiles to LennyLen's animation class. There is also a program to create the datafile from the .anm file. The tool and example code is attached.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Cool.

readme.txt said:

Licence: This code is provided under the same licence that LennyLen released the original code, whatever that was.

Original licence: This code is giftware. It may be copied, modified, ditributed and/or eaten in any way you want.

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

Thats what I assumed. :D With my code addition, I am going to try and work this into my speedhack entry.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I've converted a few of the fonts from here to the Allegro bitmap font format, and attached them to this post. Feel free to use them if you want.

Albin Engström
Member #8,110
December 2006

Man, can't the days pass already? :-/

Jeff Bernard
Member #6,698
December 2005

You could try doing your own private speedhack every 72 hours until the actual one starts.

--
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Mokkan
Member #4,355
February 2004

I was so excited until just now, when I realized that I'll be gone the whole weekend of Speedhack. :( Guess I'll have to drop out now...

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Man, can't the days pass already?

You could try Allegro 5 timer functions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Go to: