Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Fritzl Facebook

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Fritzl Facebook
ixilom
Member #7,167
April 2006

{"name":"123724262356.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/0\/d09c084b0be172d2a269c4498aaff5a4.jpg","w":494,"h":694,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/0\/d09c084b0be172d2a269c4498aaff5a4"}123724262356.jpg

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Thats great. I might just go check my facebook (I haven't done so in maybe two months. Everyone probably things I'm trying to ignore them (which might be true ))

Darizel
Member #10,585
January 2009

I would post my opinion, but it'd change to I'm dumb.
Very nice

edit: where's it from?

----------
struthersgames.com - fun games for free download ;)
I am not an idiot.*
*in my opinion.

Jeff Bernard
Member #6,698
December 2005

Based on the title of the thread, I'd guess Josef Fritzl's trial.

--
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Darizel
Member #10,585
January 2009

Didn't know who he was - looked it up.
Warning - pretty gross if you don't already know:

The Fritzl case emerged in April 2008 when a 42-year-old woman, Elisabeth Fritzl, stated to police in the town of Amstetten in Austria that she had been held captive for 24 years in a concealed part of the basement of the family home by her father, Josef Fritzl, and that he had physically assaulted, sexually abused, and raped her numerous times during her imprisonment. The incestuous relationship forced upon her by her father had resulted in the birth of seven children and one miscarriage.

Wikipedia

What a sicko.

----------
I am not an idiot.*
*in my opinion.

count
Member #5,401
January 2005

Quote:

her numerous times

about 1000 times was said on the news here.
Indeed. This is sick.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

He would deserve to be hung by the balls. But he would probably like that

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

Didn't know who he was - looked it up.

Really? It was rather big news when it came out.
Creepy too. I mean, the guy built an entire apartment in his cellar and [i]no one knew[/i]?!

Quote:

He would deserve to be hung by the balls. But he would probably like that

It's hard to come up with a suitable form of punishment for a man who considers himself to be "meant to rape women". I'm thinking Tantalus, but I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that in practice.

EDIT: damn, I haven't got used to the new markup yet...

count
Member #5,401
January 2005

Quote:

I mean, the guy built an entire apartment

If I remeber correctly he got a heavy as hell steel door deliverd in his cellar. So heavy it couldn't be handled by one man. So yea... no one knew.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

So yea... no one knew.

"Wir haben es nicht gewüßt!"

Sorry, I had to.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Really? It was rather big news when it came out.

I had to look it up as well. I do remember hearing about it when he was caught, but I didn't remember the name of the guy.

Quote:

Wir haben es nicht gewüßt!

I had to change gewüßt to gewusst to get google to translate that for me. I'd have thought they'd have automated that by now.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

I had to change gewüßt to gewusst to get google to translate that for me. I'd have thought they'd have automated that by now.

More relevant than the translation is the context in which that sentence is usually quoted.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

More relevant than the translation is the context in which that sentence is usually quoted.

Forgive my ignoarance, but what context is that?

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

Forgive my ignoarance, but what context is that?

It's the answer to a question that was asked after WW2: "geez, the Nazi's killed several million Jews in concentration camps! How come people backed them/didn't try to stop them?"

The phrase is at least loaded with the suggestion that people turn away and don't like to think about unpleasant things and avoid them instead.

EDIT: it's possible it carries this negative connotation mainly in the Netherlands, but I think I remember it carries the same association in Germany and one wouldn't normally use the phrase in this way because of that context. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Thanks, that's what I surmised.

Steve++
Member #1,816
January 2002

I wasn't going to post in this thread, but hey, this is weird...

{"name":"598081","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/9\/690c5bbdd9e6fd990c2aa8109f3a5586.jpg","w":1280,"h":588,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/9\/690c5bbdd9e6fd990c2aa8109f3a5586"}598081

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Speaking of Facebook... with their latest updates, my home page currently has almost 250 images. It's so horrible. My mind explodes from the clutter.

And personal pages are hilarious if the person doesn't have much third party content on the wall, as the person's profile picture is displayed about 40 times in a row, right on top of each other.

I think I need to write a new GM script for it before I can even use it again.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

A GM script to bring the old Facebook look back? (at least partially) That would be great!

In capitalist America bank robs you.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I just use the mobile version. Just slide my phone open, and assuming no other menu was up, I just hit 6. (It's an LG Rumor in case you wanted to know how a menu could be open before I slide my phone open)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Darizel
Member #10,585
January 2009

Steve, that's just creepy

----------
I am not an idiot.*
*in my opinion.

Jeff Bernard
Member #6,698
December 2005

Steve, that's just creepy

I know, right... how does he not have a Facebook until now?

--
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Erikster
Member #9,510
February 2008

lol

Glad that he was put in jail.

EDIT: lol at Darizel. It took me a little time to figure it out.

Cat! I'm a kitty cat. And I dance dance dance, and I dance dance dance.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Kind of wish I didn't reveal that spoiler.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

[quote]Warning - pretty gross if you don't already know: [/quote]
Didn't check the spoiler before because I did know the case. It's actually slightly different: the oldest daughter became so ill that she had to be taken to hospital, where she was able to alert the medical personnel, who in turn alerted the police, who found the cellar where Elisabeth and two of the other children were.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Freaky. Lucky he did send her to the hospital.

1   2 

Go to: