Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Chomps the Cat (1992-2009)

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Chomps the Cat (1992-2009)
Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/597821

Well, Chomps took his last breath this morning. He has been my little pal since I was 12 years old and we've lived in many different places together. We always had a great understanding between each other and I always felt the best way to get him to understand what I was thinking was to talk to him "man-to-man" like I would to anybody else.

It's been the most emotional thing I've had to go through, but I'm happy because he was a terrific friend and lived a great, healthy, and loved 17 years. I was there when he passed away at home and was petting him and giving him calm words.

Here's my favorite Chomps story:

Quote:

Chomps wanted to cuddle but I put him in the tall blue hamper next to my bed because I didn't want to crush him in my sleep - he was soooooo tiny. So I put him in the hamper and he meowed and meowed, and he would purr when I talked to him.

I tried to go to sleep but he crawled all the way out and insisted on cuddling... So I put him back in the hamper, this time I put the lid on. That didn't stop chomps. He crawled all the way up and wedged open the lid and squeezed out... and came straight for my face purring, rubbing and ploped down right nex to me.

So I put him in the hamper again, with the lid, and something heavy on top, but he just meowed even louder. So I let him out and sure enough I didn't crush him in my sleep.

That was our first night together. :')

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Proof of a time machine?

someone972
Member #7,719
August 2006

No! Not chomps! :'( Sorry to hear that.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why. -Unknown
I have recklessly set in motion a chain of events with the potential to so-drastically change the path of my life that I can only find it to be beautifully frightening.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I didn't know he was this old. Sorry to hear that.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Aw. I'm sorry to hear this.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Well, damn. :(

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

I'm not at a loss of words, just nothing feels right to say. I hope the memories remain and the pain goes away.

Bah, the fact that it rhymes makes it seem less credible.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Sorry to hear about this. :-/

My old cat died a couple of years ago, at the age of 21. I cried the rest of that day.
She was a very special cat: she always wanted to be there when there were people around and demanded her own chair. Never used her claws except to hold on to something. Worked out how to operate a door knocker and a door handle. It was very sad when she became ill. Sometimes I still miss her.
Strength to you.

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

So sad to hear of your loss Mark :'(

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Sorry to hear about that Mark, but at least he lived a good life. :)

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I'm going to pet Emi now... :'(

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Very sorry to hear about Chomps, but at least he lived a good life :)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Erikster
Member #9,510
February 2008

Matthew Leverton said:

Proof of a time machine?

Now I look like a jerk because of that thread.

Sorry about what happened Mark, hope you feel better soon. That was an awesome kitty you had.

Cat! I'm a kitty cat. And I dance dance dance, and I dance dance dance.

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

:( I still miss my dog and cats all these years later sniff

sorry about the news :(

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

Sorry for your loss, I felt the same way when i lost my Chevrolet Tracker >:(

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Thanks for all your support guys. It's sad, absolutely, but as far as cats and humans go, the two of us couldn't have asked for better times together.

Now that I've gone through the day and thought back on all the memories, I can't help but feel incredibly lucky (on all points) and I'm finding it hard to feel bad. :) It's more like "dude, that was badass"

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Sorry for your loss. My dog died more than ten years ago, I still have dreams about him. :'(

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Don Freeman
Member #5,110
October 2004

I am sorry to here about poor old Chomps!:'( He seemed to be a great kitty! I want to get me a kitty now. I have lost a couple of hamsters over the years...they seem to be genetically predispositioned for cancer and such.:-/ I would like to get another pet...I do miss my little buddies.:'(

On a lighter note:
There was a cloning machine mentioned here before...I wonder what happened with that.???

--
"Everyone tells me I should forget about you, you don’t deserve me. They’re right, you don’t deserve me, but I deserve you."
"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/597826

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Tribute to Chomps

PDF of the score - MIDI version - NoteWorthy Composer version - MP3 version

[EDIT - MP3 version added]

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

thats pretty good bp

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I like the part where it goes into Maria :P

--

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

A 17 years life is a good score for a cat.

May he stay in peace.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

1   2 

Go to: