Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Chomps the Cat (1992-2009)

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Chomps the Cat (1992-2009)
Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Thanks Yves and Mark for the compliments :)

Mark, is 'Maria' what the wedding music is called then? I can name all the other themes I've used, but I didn't know what that one was called...

(The others are 'Happy Birthday', Tchaikovsky's 'Romeo and Juliet' overture, a theme from near the end of the last movement of Rachmaninov's 2nd piano concerto, and - obviously - 'Three Blind Mice'.)

[EDIT]
The Internets tells me the other theme is the Wedding March from 'Lohengrin' by Wagner, so now I'm confused. The site I'm on tells me that 'Ave Maria' is often used in weddings, but it isn't that theme. Is that what you're thinking of?

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

Tchaikovsky's 'Romeo and Juliet' overture

That's what I meant. There was an instrumental arrangement I heard many times which mixed Romeo and Juliet with West Side Story and I get them mixed up sometimes.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

It's a field-mouse year now, at least in Finland, and our Lolli brings one field-mouse to our porch almost once a week. The strange thing is all seem to have their tails cut off. Either it's how Lolli catches them and plays with them until they die. Or it's that dreadful farmer's wife with her carving knife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

These things you never really go away, but you get over them, sounds like you're well on your way. Cheer up. In a little while, you might get a new one, maybe it's kind of morbid to think about now, but whatever.

I still miss max & sam. :-/

I think the next place I move to will have to be pet friendly.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Yeah, if I were to loose jasper, I'd most likely get a kitten sometime soon after getting over jasper's passing. In fact I want to get a kitten right now, but after Chase... Yeah, he was a rotten little bastard.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

We'd name our pet steers after famous people (e.g., Presidents), and then eat them after they (the steers) died. :-X

But we never named our pigs or ate our cats.

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

We have an old cat that I have an "understanding" with like Mark described. But she was raised by a schizophrenic: so a) she isn't always nice b) she has the weirdest taste (she'll steal cucumber and avocado!). My parents decided we should have a "spare" cat for my little sister. He's called Che, after Che Guevara. He's a real annoyance, but will take on any abuse loudly purring.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

my Chase sounds similar to Che. I got him from my sister as a birthday present a few years ago. He was absolutely the largest smallest purr ball ever when he was a kitten. He was the runt, and he acted all kinds of scared and sucky. He would lay on my lap for hours every day. Then he started growing up. Spent almost as much time on my lap, but just about as much time harassing Jasper (my older cat), and crapping behind my couch. He is quite rambunctious. It got so bad I just couldn't keep him anymore :( Had to give him to my sister's inlaws. He is quite happy out on that large acreage. So it was a good decision. Even if he was an evil little cat, I still miss him :(

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

Quote:

We have an old cat that I have an "understanding" with...

That sounded bad the first time.

Quote:

He's a real annoyance, but will take on any abuse loudly purring.

that sounded worse.

1   2 

Go to: