Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Felines can want babies too!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Felines can want babies too!
SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

So my fiancee and I decided that we want a kid(well she already did, it was my turn to consent). Starting yesterday we have officially been trying to pollinate her flower as it were, with any luck either she won't get pregnant soon or she will.

And since one of the first things that pops into mind when people see others starting a family is the whether they are financially ready I might as well nip that in the bud; we both have remarkably stable jobs and more than enough money left over after bills to support an extra little human(or 2, her family has a high disposition for twins). Oh yeah, we've been together 2 1/2 years and hope on getting married next year.

See, I'm not as horrible as many think.

kazzmir
Member #1,786
December 2001

I'm glad you justified this because after reading the first paragraph I immediately had the following questions
1. Are you financially ready?
2. Do both of you have remarkably stable jobs?
3. Will you have enough moneoy left over after bills to support an extra little human?
4. Does her family have a high disposition for twins?
5. Have you been together at least 2 1/2 years?
6. Do you plan on getting married next year?
7. Aren't you a horrible person?

But luckily you cleared them right up. Phew!

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Out of curiosity... Why are you getting married? Or why don't you get married before having the kid?
I'm just thinking that the wedding plans might not work out if she gets pregnant this year.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

with any luck either she won't get pregnant soon or she will.

I like those odds!

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Quote:

See, I'm not as horrible as many think.

Cranking out babies is not a redeeming feature for anyone.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

kazzmir++

Best of luck to you. I'm terrified of the idea of having kids - basically because I'm so darn poor. And don't have a girlfriend. ;)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

So much for nipping anything in the bud. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut and let everyone else exibit their lives instead, heh.

Quote:

Out of curiosity... Why are you getting married? Or why don't you get married before having the kid?
I'm just thinking that the wedding plans might not work out if she gets pregnant this year.

She wants the wedding later in the year which should give any baby time to find its way out, assuming she gets pregnant relatively soon. As for the order of things, it doesn't really make a difference. Baby doesn't care and it has no practical impact on anything.

Quote:

Cranking out babies is not a redeeming feature for anyone.

I was refering to the fact that someone would WANT to and still be with me after even one year, of course babies aren't a redeeming feature.

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Quote:

I was refering to the fact that someone would WANT to and still be with me after even one year, of course babies aren't a redeeming feature.

I think Darwin would disagree.

Anyway, congratulations and good luck!

Ben Delacob
Member #6,141
August 2005

Quote:

I was refering to the fact that someone would WANT to and still be with me after even one year, of course babies aren't a redeeming feature

Quote:

I think Darwin would disagree.

I think you're joking and using Darwin as a word to represent Natural Selection but taking that literally, Darwin was religious and went to lengths to separate natural selection from morals. I won't take Darwin's opinion as a given until I have more evidence.

Anyway, Darwin's blessing or not, congratulations SonShadowCat!

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Quote:

Oh yeah, we've been together 2 1/2 years and hope on getting married next year.

Fool. Getting married in the first 2 years... You don't even have lived with her for the whole 2 years, do you ?

And getting married, pwah ! Please also consider a wedding contract if you really decide to marry. You can't imagine how much it will cost when you break with your wife.

2 of 3 new married are divorcing the same year of their weddings.

Making a baby thinking it will enforce your relationship is an utopic view. In reality it makes things worse than before. IF you think your relationship is THAT strong, it's just a little less good than before.

Else, good luck ;-) ;D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Have fun SSC :)

My sister and her fiancé have been together for ages now. They qualify as Commonlaw now, so at least my niece isn't a bastard child :o What she is, is damn adorable. Shes been developing a tad late, but shes been pulling her self up and walking with the use of tables and toys \o/ I didn't expect it to happen so soon based on her rate of progress before hand... It seems she goes in spurts, does something a little late, doesn't progress much for months, then does something late again. In the end she might not end up "Behind" at all if she keeps the spurts up. :)

in case you're wondering why she might be behind, she was 4-6 weeks early. Was born light, but solid. There wasn't much risk to her, she just needed her lungs to finish developing, and gain some weight.

As you may be able to tell, I'm proud as heck of my little niece, and heck, I'm proud of my sister. For a while it looked like she wasn't going to be able to have children without intervention (if even then).

All I really know is my niece is a little angel :) even if she is my sister's daughter ;D

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Quote:

Fool. Getting married in the first 2 years... You don't even have lived with her for the whole 2 years, do you ?

And getting married, pwah ! Please also consider a wedding contract if you really decide to marry. You can't imagine how much it will cost when you break with your wife.

2 of 3 new married are divorcing the same year of their weddings.

Making a baby thinking it will enforce your relationship is an utopic view. In reality it makes things worse than before. IF you think your relationship is THAT strong, it's just a little less good than before.

We've lived together the majority of the time and get along just fine in close quarters :o; A prenup is a given since the odds are against us; I don't believe a child will strengthen us, I leave my rose colored glasses in my other pants. She has a son who I've played step-dad to since he was 1 so I have a fair idea of what may happen between us.

TF: Little ones have a habit of surprising us in delightful little ways...

Thanks for the luck guys, now I gotta pull a ST and throw up some fetal images someday ;D

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Why don't you just adopt the one she already has? That seems a lot easier than making another.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Matthew, I normally expect intelligent ramblings from you. The massive amounts of paperwork and fees involved in adopting a child, versus the rather painless experience of having sex a handful of times. Seriously?

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Dude make sure she not have baby just to lock you down. Im being real when i say "you mite not like her when she is pregnet" if she is a pain now that will multiply ten fold. You should get marryed first and see how you like each other then. sound like she looking for somthing to close the deal on you.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Indeed, 2 years of being together means nothing. Please get married first, as that makes women go berserk and they show their real evil side.

Why have babies at all? Why have a wife? Have a spacestation and clone yourself!

P.S. I am currently making a cloning machine, so I can borrow it to you if you don't have your own. :-)

In capitalist America bank robs you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I'm going to have to side with the whole marry first thing (prenup, of course)... Women are fscking liars.

I wouldn't want clones either... The space station I will take, however. ;D

Anomie
Member #9,403
January 2008

Quote:

Women are fscking liars.

TCO balances out at some point, then? ???

Roy Underthump
Member #10,398
November 2008

People in general are fscking liars.

Lots of luck, SSC.

I love America -- I love the rights we used to have
George Carlin

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Adopting your wife's child is nowhere near as complex as adopting a child from an agency, assuming that the biological father agrees. That's much easier and less expensive than raising a second child.

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

I don't think I'm following... if SSC is already the surrogate father to the child, surely adopting it would be a legal change with no practical effect and therefore would be completely irrelevant to his decision to have a further child?

I'm another Thomas with an adorable baby niece, so I'm definitely in favour of child rearing at the minute.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Recently I've looked at how old I am, how old my girlfriend is and how old my mother is and I came to the conclusion that I really don't want to wait too long with having children. Fortunately, I'm not alone in that assessment, but I curse the fact that I'll be doing postdocs for a few more years, which will make it hard for said girlfriend to get her own working career going, which is something of a prerequisite to having children (in that it'll probably be more difficult for her to get a proper job afterwards if she doesn't).

Anyway, good luck. Little children can be really cute.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Quote:

I don't think I'm following... if SSC is already the surrogate father to the child, surely adopting it would be a legal change with no practical effect and therefore would be completely irrelevant to his decision to have a further child?

He'd be a dad, and thus his girlfriend couldn't use that as an excuse for having another child.

I have fourteen nephews and nieces and am definitely not in favour of child rearing at the minute. The best part about having nephews and nieces is being able to go back home to your own quiet place when you've had enough.

Wilson Saunders
Member #5,872
May 2005

If you are already acting like a father to a child that is not your own, I expect you would be a darn good parent to a child that is your own. I hope your fiencee isn't noticably pregnant durring the wedding. Wedding photos will last you a life time and pregnant brides give the impression of a shotgun wedding; even if it is not the case.

Go to: