Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Cat sleeping more

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Cat sleeping more
Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

My cat is getting pretty old, and I noticed that he's been sleeping a lot more than usual in the past few months. Am I just paranoid and this because of the winter? Are your cats sleeping more lately, too?

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Mine have been more active lately. I caught one walking around.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

I caught one walking around.

What are you feeding them crack or something!?

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Roy Underthump
Member #10,398
November 2008

They've been mainlining Little Friskies again

I love America -- I love the rights we used to have
George Carlin

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

My cat spazed out today after getting his head caught in the handle of a plastic bag my roommate left laying around. He ran through the house like a bat out of hell.. I almost thought there was another male cat in the house, but he usually hisses and growls, and he was being rather quiet.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

My cat spazed out today after getting his head caught in the handle of a plastic bag my roommate left laying around. He ran through the house like a bat out of hell..

My cat did that once. The faster she ran, the louder the bag rustled, and the more freaked out she got. She totally trashed the kitchen before I was able to catch her and take it off.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Normal, healthy cats sleep up to 20 hours a day, especially as they get older. It's probably not a problem.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

your house is probably boring for that cat. I think you should start digging a hole in the back yard. Just in case the bordem gets wose.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

piccolo receives the "funniest post so far in 2009" crown.

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

My wife won't let me get a cat as she's scared of them. I always had cats when I was living at home :(

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

And Neil receives the "best setup for a pussy joke so far in 2009" award. ;)

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Poor Neil said:

My wife won't let me get a cat as she's scared of them.

I understand your wife. Cats are freaking creatures. I'm most sure they are from outer space. But I believe they've come in peace nevertheless, I love "my" two cats. My Lolli disappeared for a week last autumn, I think I mentioned it here. And I was certain that she just forgot to activate the pause-time mode before she got beamed up to the mothership.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Roy Underthump
Member #10,398
November 2008

Everyone I've met that doesn't like cats thinks they're sneaky, not scary.

George Carlin

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

your house is probably boring for that cat. I think you should start digging a hole in the back yard. Just in case the bordem gets wose.

:o

piccolo+=10;

Quote:

I'm most sure they are from outer space.

funny you should mention that. I had a dream about it last night. There were aliens posed as humans and at the very end of the dream, they reverted to their original form, cats.

--

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

I thought cats were guardians of the underworld. ???

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Quote:

I thought cats were guardians of the underworld. ???

Nah, that's just what they wanted us to think. But they stop caring about that lie when too many of their kind was being killed by the Egyptians.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Erikster
Member #9,510
February 2008

The naive OP said:

My cat is getting pretty old, and I noticed that he's been sleeping a lot more than usual in the past few months.

Nope, he's just getting ready for a very long nap. Now brush your teeth and go to bed.

Cat! I'm a kitty cat. And I dance dance dance, and I dance dance dance.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

:'(

--

Roy Underthump
Member #10,398
November 2008

But he's dreaming of all the catnip he'll have in cat heaven! And all the pu--, er, kitty he can handle!

George Carlin

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Mark, its all about the journey, not the destination. As long as you both had a good time, you can be happy :)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

I have no cats. :(

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

anonymous
Member #8025
November 2006

Have you confused your cat recently?

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Quote:

Mark, its all about the journey, not the destination. As long as you both had a good time, you can be happy

It's all about the journey for you and I, but per a cartoon in last week's New Yorker, not for luggage.

Ben Delacob
Member #6,141
August 2005

Does your cat go outside ever or watch from the window? If it's a winter thing it might depend on its personality too much for us to know. Mine doesn't like the cold much so he stays in and sleeps a lot in winter.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

People need to stop treating animals like people. Not that I necessarily disagree with the fact that they can have personalities, but I find that more often then not humans completely misinterpret them. Sometimes they do things simply because it's logical, you know.

1   2 

Go to: