Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Good day...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Good day...
relay01
Member #6,988
March 2006

Holidays, religious or not are great because they break away from the mundane routine of our daily lives.
Whether or not you celebrate Christmas, it's still a good concept to get almost a week off of work/school to do whatever.

If you don't celebrate it, then at least appreciate it. Speaking as a former athiest, christmas always made me a bit bitter. But that didn't make me generally ill-willed toward the celebration of something people find important. Whether or not they chose to celebrate it by giving each other gifts that weren't really necessary.

I usually don't prefer to celebrate holidays for what they may have been intended to, but I try to enjoy the time that I may get off from it.

Examples:
Valentines Day = i'll take my girlfriend out to dinner and we'll just try and have some fun.
Birthday = i'll try and have somebody take me out to dinner. No gifts necessary, just make a gesture of appreciation of my new year of existence.
Christmas = a small gift and some time spent should suffice. don't break the bank to try and get everybody gifts, a self made gift should always be appreciated.
Thanksgiving = don't generally care for the holiday but, i do like that i do the same thing for it every year; visit family and over eat.
Memorial day = W00t! three day weekend.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Holidays are for jerks who cannot be bothered to be nice all of the time.

Roy Underthump
Member #10,398
November 2008

I concur! If you're not constantly nice to each other from now on, I'll have to Underthump(TM) ya.

I love America -- I love the rights we used to have
George Carlin

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

relay01 said:

Memorial day = W00t! three day weekend.

I'm offended by that, and I'm not even American. But you have my sympathy for the rest of your post. (Are you a christian now?)

Roy Underthump said:

If you're not constantly nice to each other from now on, I'll have to Underthump(TM) ya.

Either you're only addressing Matthew , or "underthumping" is considerably easy to perform on 90% of the world population. Including me >:( <- I'm not nice, and loving it.
[edit](This dialog reminds me of this dialog: )
"Why are called Cock-Knocker, anyway?"
"Actually there's a funny story behind that. True story. You'll love it."
"Hnggg! ...Avenge me... Hemp Knight!"

Roy Underthump
Member #10,398
November 2008

{"name":"kickedintheballs.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/d\/ed8a8a52d0e06db6ee6fd3c087b1f219.jpg","w":500,"h":330,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/d\/ed8a8a52d0e06db6ee6fd3c087b1f219"}kickedintheballs.jpg
This guy's been Underthumped (TM).

I love America -- I love the rights we used to have
George Carlin

relay01
Member #6,988
March 2006

Quote:

I'm offended by that, and I'm not even American. But you have my sympathy for the rest of your post. (Are you a christian now?)

I'm sorry to hear you take offense to that, but it's generally the only think I'm thinking when memorial day and veterans day comes around... besides that if I run into a vet, i'll try and be extra nice to them. But if I see some bum on a freeway exit pretending to be a vet... I'll "underthump" them.

And yes... I'm now a Christian.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

Speaking as a former athiest, christmas always made me a bit bitter.

That was just you; it has nothing to do with being an atheist.

1   2 

Go to: