Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » water fight!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
water fight!
Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

She was just having fun, with red, staining liquid instead of water. I totally understand how he felt. But his reaction was way overboard for the situation. Like others have said, he should have just grabbed the bottle and dumped the remaining contents over her head, making sure to stain her shirt in retaliation.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

The fact that she got back up is a testament that he did not strike hard enough.

moon_rabbits
Member #8,469
March 2007

You are part of the reason men still dominate the world, Matthew. Maybe take into account the fact that men and women are physically different, and she was more or less defenseless against his attack. I don't give a shit that she stained his shirt, as many have said before me, his reaction was ridiculous even in spite of the fact that his victim was a woman.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Its called equality. :P If women want it so bad, they can have it. ;D

Nah I'm just kidding. I think hes an asshole too... But hell, that doesn't mean that picture isn't funny. Look at her expression!

In capitalist America bank robs you.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

I think that he's just trolling his own forums. I don't think he's serious.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

We should get a mod to ban him.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Or he could ban himself. ;D

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Can a mod ban themselves?

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Tricky question... I... I... I don't know. :-/ We have to ask the Supreme Dictator for an answer!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Quote:

You are part of the reason men still dominate the world, Matthew. Maybe take into account the fact that men and women are physically different, and she was more or less defenseless against his attack.

So because she has a stomach hanging out of her shirt, she gets a free pass to drench a helpless person and ruin his shirt? If you are so fat that you cannot out run a person in baggy jeans, you ought not try to attack someone if you cannot kill with the first blow.

She is part of the reason why women aren't dominating the world: she sucks at water fights. She doesn't even know that you USE WATER in a water fight—not some red juice. That's the ONLY RULE! If you cannot comprehend one simple reasonable thing, you will suck in all areas of life.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Matthew ya best behave or I'll have to ban you and dominate the world of a.cc. Consider yourself warned.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Honestly, I think she got what she deserved. I wouldn't hit her myself, but she attacked him first and should be prepared to accept the consequences. If I was attacked by the member of a group and felt threatened, however, I would be liable to pull a gun out start shooting anybody that didn't back down.

The reason men dominate this world is because men are the dominant sex. And for the record, the unfair treatment women get (the sexism demonstrated in this attack) is the reason society cannot change that. Society isn't looking out for men so they have to look out for themselves.

It's possible there is more to the story then we are told. I don't agree with men hitting women, but then I also don't agree with women taking advantage of the rule.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

she attacked him first

Kay, so if you ever hit me, I'll shoot you. somewhere painfull. You should be able to accept the consequences right? Its only "a little harsh".

You're a violent sexist bastard aren't you?

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

Kay, so if you ever hit me, I'll shoot you. somewhere painfull. You should be able to accept the consequences right? Its only "a little harsh".

That's the thing: I wouldn't hit you. Problem solved.

If I did hit you, I'd have a reason for it and would accept that you may well retaliate. Personally, I try to avoid face-to-face confrontation. I'm not a large person and will probably lose in hand-to-hand fight with most men. That's also why I'd be so quick to shoot somebody. If I feel threatened I shouldn't have to put my fate in somebody else' hands just because I'm not a 300 lb boxer. I should be able to reasonably protect myself and stand up for myself. Since physically doing so is a large risk my only reasonable option is to use weapons to aid me.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

That's the thing: I wouldn't hit you. Problem solved.

You'd like to think so ;)

And your claim that hitting someone for splashing coloured water on them is "justified" is extremely laughable.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

Quote:

she attacked him first

Yeah, she probably shouldn't have poured red juice on him, but she was probably just having a fun time and wasn't really thinking about what she was doing. It was a stupid thing for her to do, yes, but seriously, does it really matter? It's just a freaking shirt. There are more important things in life than that. Like forgiveness and compassion.

Quote:

I think that he's just trolling his own forums. I don't think he's serious.

While I don't personally agree with Matthew, I hardly think he's being a troll. Everybody has the right to voice their own opinions, even if they are controversial. I don't think that's trolling.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

And your claim that hitting someone for splashing coloured water on them is "justified" is extremely laughable.

The fact is that she assaulted him. It might not have done any physical harm to him, but then I don't think the law differentiates (that's not to say that the law would do anything in this case; a woman assaulted a man so the law is most likely going to look the other way).

As Matthew implied, had a man splashed a woman with water or juice against her will there's a good chance he'd be facing sexual assault charges; why is it OK the other way around? Sometimes a verbal confrontation isn't enough, especially when faced with a group, which is inherently more powerful in a situation then an individual. You'd be trying to convince her that she did something wrong and she'd have 10 or 20 people at her back cheering her on. Who do you think she's going to listen to?

He could have made a scene and possibly insisted that she pay for his shirt or something, but again he'd probably find himself faced with a group mentality and even if she did agree, he would be regarded as a baby for not being able to take a little juice (I wouldn't be surprised if the story found its way into the press; him being humiliated for standing up for himself). As it is, she feels like a little bitch for being knocked on her ass, as she should, and will probably be much more careful the next time she decides to assault a complete stranger. I doubt she suffered any serious physical harm so the only thing she suffered is a bruised ego.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Splashing someone with water is not "assult". At most its an annoyance.

Quote:

I don't think the law differentiates

It does. splashing someone with coloured water does not count as "harm".

Quote:

a woman assaulted a man so the law is most likely going to look the other wa

You are such a sexist ::)

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

Splashing someone with water is not "assult". At most its an annoyance.

Assault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia said:

Assault is often defined to include not only violence, but any physical contact with another person without their consent. In common law jurisdictions, including England and Wales and the United States, battery is the crime that represents the unlawful physical contact, though this distinction does not exist in all jurisdictions.

- Source

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Your own "source" disagrees with you.

Notice how it says physical contact? She didn't physically contact with him. Some coloured water did, but since when is that a crime? It doesn't even justify HITTING someone let alone having a law to make it illegal.

If anything, she bears 10% responsibility. MAYBE. After that its up to the retard that over reacted and caused someone else bodily harm.

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

Your own "source" disagrees with you.

Notice how it says physical contact? She didn't physically contact with him. Some coloured water did, but since when is that a crime? It doesn't even justify HITTING someone let alone having a law to make it illegal.

OH. So if I THROW the baseball bat at you it's OK because I didn't hit you; the universe did with it's physical laws. It doesn't say direct physical contact and the act of throwing something at somebody is still considered assault.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Ah, but this time you directly caused bodily harm. Unless the person was alergic to WATER or FOOD COLOURING, it can't harm. Plain and simple.

The action actually has to cause harm. The water didn't. As I said, at most its an annoyance.

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

The action actually has to cause harm.

Read the article again. It specifically says any physical contact with another person without their consent. There is no mention of harm.

Kitty Cat
Member #2,815
October 2002

Quote:

Notice how it says physical contact? She didn't physically contact with him. Some coloured water did

So if I purposely shoot you with an arrow, it's not assault because I didn't touch you, the arrow did? Somehow I don't think that would stand up in court.

It was a water fight. Not a juice fight. Juice is sticky, and it stains clothes easilly. Plus in a hot environment, it's easy for tempers to flare. If I had splashed juice on someone durring a water fight as a kid, you could darn well be sure my parents would give me a stern talking to and set me straight. Unfortunately her parents were around to bail her out this time. :P

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

American common law has defined assault as an attempt to commit a battery.

Did you read it?

Quote:

Modern American statutes define assault as:
1. an attempt to cause or purposely, knowingly, or recklessly causing bodily injury to another; or,
2. negligently causing bodily injury to another with a deadly weapon.

Splashing someone with coloured water is not an attempt to "commit battery". Plain and simple.

Quote:

it's easy for tempers to flare.

Getting splashed with even sticky water does not justify hitting another person.

I even have a "temper" issue. So I know how tempers like to flare. And yet I still don't think one begets the other.

--

Go to: