Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » water fight!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
water fight!
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

IIRC, an officer once explained that the reason harmless contact can still be considered illegal is to actually prevent the retaliation in some cases, which might not be so harmless. He also has the right to not be attacked in the park.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Going to ignore the fact that I destroyed your own point? With your point?

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Kitty Cat
Member #2,815
October 2002

Quote:

Getting splashed with even sticky water does not justify hitting another person.

Didn't say him punching her was fully justified, but she did instigate the attack. If you do something out of line, there will be consequences. Should those consequences be less just because she's a girl? Given the size of the guy, I don't think he would've been too discriminating if another guy did it.

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

Going to ignore the fact that I destroyed your own point?

There is also a tort article: Battery (tort).

Battery (tort) said:

At common law, battery is the tort of intentionally (or, in Australia, negligently) and voluntarily bringing about an unconsented harmful or offensive contact with a person or to something closely associated with them (e.g. a hat, a purse). It is a form of trespass to the person.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Except it was related to battery, not Battery (tort).

And in the first point, it requires an intent to cause bodily harm, and in the second it requires negligence causing bodily harm. Neither of which happened.

Quote:

Should those consequences be less just because she's a girl? Given the size of the guy, I don't think he would've been too discriminating if another guy did it.

Everyone else on your side seems to be saying its justified and she deserved it.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

Except it was related to battery, not Battery (tort).

I didn't expect there to be a separate article for assault (tort). :P

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

Everyone else on your side seems to be saying its justified and she deserved it.

What did she deserve? She was there for a water fight. Somehow I don't think pouring the juice on her would have mattered to her at all: she probably dressed for the event and was already wet!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

What did she deserve? She was there for a water fight.

Exactly. She wasn't there for a bar brawl.

--

Kitty Cat
Member #2,815
October 2002

Quote:

She deserved getting retaliated against. And I wouldn't call the guy a thug because he punched her.

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

Exactly. She wasn't there for a bar brawl.

And he wasn't there for a water fight, let alone a juice fight.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

i was grown up not to hit girls too.
a girl has thrown red koolad on my white dress shirt.

I was going to the club with a coz he decided he wanted to check these girls before we went out.i think we was talking about having buts one girl insisted that if you cant grip your behind while standing up you don't have a but so she was griping my but. then the other girl and a comment about me not having a but. then i countered her comment and told her im a guy it ok if i have a small but, but your girl girl and you have nothing thats when she throw the drink on me and tried to run i did not get mad i just took the ice that was in the cup and put them in her shirt.

key notes:

1. i was around 16-17 years old

2. she is my friends sister so she new me previously and we always go at it or i doubt she would have put the drink on me.

this guy should have just took the bottle from her and used it on her. i did not have access to more drink because it was a cup.
if if her really wanted to get here back he should have put it in her hair. girls hate when stuff happens to their hair

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

And he wasn't there for a water fight, let alone a juice fight.

Then why was he here? And why did he not walk around the place people were having a water fight in? If he didnt want to get wet, he shouldn't have gone into the water fight ::)

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

Then why was he here? And why did he not walk around the place people were having a water fight in? If he didnt want to get wet, he shouldn't have gone into the water fight ::)

I didn't realize this group of youths had rented the park... ::) The guy was probably just hanging out in the park, as people do.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

and stuck around while people started throwing water around? And expected to not get hit?

--

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I can't believe that this is even being debated. The fact that people here would support, encourage and even endorse punching a girl in the face for some reckless fun that got out of hand is just shameful.

Yes the girl stepped out of the bounds of a reasonable water fight, but the fact that anyone here calls the "man"'s (and I am using the word man here only in the sense that he is male, and most certainly not a man) actions reasonable is deplorable.

If he was a real man, he would have had the patience to use words to tell her what she did was unacceptable. If he was a real man, he would have had the forgiveness to let the act go as it was just fun that got out of control. At most he had the right to take the juice away, not to hit her.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

and stuck around while people started throwing water around? And expected to not get hit?

He has every right to be there as they do. Assuming he was there first, they should be the ones to move. Assuming they were there first (which seems unlikely IMO), I can see him expecting to get sprayed with water, but not juice (or fizzy drink, as the article put it).

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

i have resurch this time of new aggression towards females and i be leave it has come about because of progress of female equity and the way that that equity has changed females

wow

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

With logic like that everyone should just start punching everyone :P

Getting hit with "fizzy drink" wasn't his fault, but hitting someone else like a fucking idiot was his fault, and I'd like to see him get charged for it. You don't go around hitting people.

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Quote:

I can't believe that this is even being debated.

You're absolutely right! Once this woman assaulted the man, she lost all of her privileges. Go around NYC and throw juice on everybody who is bigger than you; try playing the "Oooh, I'm an innocent, defenseless person" card. See how quick that lands you underneath a bus.

I've done some research on this: give a woman an inch, and she'll take a mile. (It's especially true with money.)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

You don't go around hitting people.

He didn't just randomly hit someone. He hit someone who attacked him. Perhaps innocently, but we don't have very much information so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

He hit someone WHO SPLASHED WATER on him. Next time you get water of any kind splashed on you, go to the police and try and charge the person. See if you don't get laughed out of the station.

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

He hit someone WHO SPLASHED WATER on him. Next time you get water of any kind splashed on you, go to the police and try and charge the person. See if you don't get laughed out of the station.

It was FIZZY DRINK. And maybe that's why he took it into his own hands.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

what if her boy friend told her to poor the drink on him.

how would it look then?

wow

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Go to: