Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Star Trek XI teaser trailer

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
Star Trek XI teaser trailer
Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Oh, I do remember it. Pretty good, but disturbing..

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

About a week ago I just finished watching all of the episodes of Voyager. 8-) A thoroughly enjoyable experience, although I still think Janeway has a man voice.

I really liked Voyager (and not just for the oboobvious reasons). I thought Kate Mulgrew made a great Captain. She had the Catherine Hepburn voice going on. Plus there were some really good episodes. Some of the regular characters got on my nerves, but overall it was pretty good.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Voyager was a good show. I wish I could find it on TV.

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

Bragga has manage to fuck up to many star treks, i hope they get some fresh minds into the story and direction, also agreeing with nonus's take, a re-imagined show would be awesome.

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

Plus there were some really good episodes.

And unfortunately each one was followed by two absolute stinkers!
There were times when I wondered why I kept watching Voyager and usually one of the good episodes came by and sustained me through two weeks of horridness.

The real problem with Voyager is that it really didn't go anywhere. Well, it went "home" apparently, and got there in the last minute of the last episode. One episode sooner would have been nice...

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

Well the real problem with voyager is that they made it up as they went along. It would have made tons more sense to create a gigantic story arc from the start and treat the whole series like that.

The most terrible episodes in voyager were self-righteous and resolved using jargon.

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Steve++
Member #1,816
January 2002

No matter how good it is, it will flop like any other movie without big stars.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

it will flop like any other movie without big stars

like Star Wars? ;) (Harrison Ford excluded)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

axilmar
Member #1,204
April 2001

Quote:

Well the real problem with voyager is that they made it up as they went along. It would have made tons more sense to create a gigantic story arc from the start and treat the whole series like that.

I don't understand why everyone wants a story arc. Star Trek is not about story arcs. You can't easily go to 'where no man has ever gone before' if there is a story arc involved. DS9 did not go 'where no man has ever gone before' for that reason exactly.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

DS9 did not go 'where no man has ever gone before' for that reason exactly.

Becase DS9 was set on a space station.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

If the orbit suffered from precession they could go "where no man has gone before EXACTLY"

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

I don't understand why everyone wants a story arc. Star Trek is not about story arcs.

I personally don't mind story arcs, even if they're very loose story arcs (actually, those might be better). TNG had arcs that spanned several episodes across different series (the Klingon High Council/Worf's loss of honour/Alexander arc, for instance).
It is true that Voyager could have been better if there were some sort of plan for the series. As it was, it very quickly settled down in a routine where early plot points were forgotten (Starfleet/Maquis conflict, supply shortage, finite number of shuttles in shuttlebay) and each episode started where the previous one had started as well (aka, the Reset Button).

The shuttlecraft were the really annoying part though. I recon Voyager only had a crew of 150 because they needed the rest of the space for a cargo load of shuttlecraft, which they had been supposed to deliver to the Maquis when they found them (because, you know, Starfleet really was helping those terrorist bastards).

Quote:

DS9 did not go 'where no man has ever gone before' for that reason exactly.

Well, DS9 was supposed to be the place where everyone went who hadn't been there before!

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

If the orbit suffered from precession they could go "where no man has gone before EXACTLY"

;D

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

It is true that Voyager could have been better if there were some sort of plan for the series. As it was, it very quickly settled down in a routine where early plot points were forgotten (Starfleet/Maquis conflict, supply shortage, finite number of shuttles in shuttlebay) and each episode started where the previous one had started as well (aka, the Reset Button).

Now I realised that BSG (the new one) style would fit well on Voyager. There are story arcs that are really long. They are heading towards ultimate goal - reaching Earth and still are able to make subplots etc. And they tend to keep consistency between episodes - decreasing number of survivors, supply shortage etc.

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

I recon Voyager only had a crew of 150 because they needed the rest of the space for a cargo load of shuttlecraft

To their defense, they were able to build shuttlecrafts very quickly. After all, they built the Delta Flyer in less than one episode (the Extreme Risk "space race" episode) and that was about 4 times the size of a shuttle and experimental. There was never a point (as far as I recall) where they used multiple shuttles, so I always assumed that they just built a new one when they blew up another.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I always thought the Delta Flyer was about the same size as a shuttle.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

Now I realised that BSG (the new one) style would fit well on Voyager. There are story arcs that are really long. They are heading towards ultimate goal - reaching Earth and still are able to make subplots etc. And they tend to keep consistency between episodes - decreasing number of survivors, supply shortage etc.

Yes, they do a lot of things right on BSG.

Quote:

To their defense, they were able to build shuttlecrafts very quickly.

That, or the entire shuttlebay was one giant replicator. "Sorry Tom, no desert today, gotta save some power. Computer: one shuttlecraft."

Quote:

After all, they built the Delta Flyer in less than one episode (the Extreme Risk "space race" episode) and that was about 4 times the size of a shuttle and experimental.

Yes... a starship that is low on supplies manages to design and build an improved shuttlecraft from scratch in under one episode. It also had improved fire power. I think I used to call it "Pocket Defiant" back in the day.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

well, as far as the interior goes, it was much bigger than a shuttle. Although, the size of the exterior changed from episode to episode (writer boofs). ;)

http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/594290

Here's an in-depth analysis of the size of the Delta Flyer

Quote:

"Sorry Tom, no desert today, gotta save some power. Computer: one shuttlecraft."

;D

--

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

That, or the entire shuttlebay was one giant replicator. "Sorry Tom, no desert today, gotta save some power. Computer: one shuttlecraft."

;D except that their replicators malfunctioned or what, because there was that weird alien who cooked them. I'd believe that with functioning replicators Voyager could survive 7 years in Delta Quadrant, but w/o them I think BSG is more realistic in this aspect. However it's Star Trek, I know.

Besides no-one ever said how long that episode was.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

except that their replicators malfunctioned or what, because there was that weird alien who cooked them.

They cooked real food to conserve power, and kept replicator use to a minimum. Nelix was the cook and also converted a cargo bay to an "aeroponics bay" to grow food.

--

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Okay, everyone take a deep breath and repeat after me:

You can't apply logic to Star Trek!!!

;D

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

"Sorry Tom, no desert today, gotta save some power. Computer: one shuttlecraft."

Sigged.

EDIT:

Quote:

Okay, everyone take a deep breath and repeat after me:

You can't apply logic to Star Trek!!!

Your logic is flawed.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Yep, I forgot. It's so damn long I have seen it. Well having that small farm in a cargo bay to supply only 150 hungry necks is believable.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

axilmar
Member #1,204
April 2001

Paramount released a more detailed video:

http://www.paramount.com/startrek/

1   2   3   4 

Go to: