Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Representing a math problem.

Credits go to Edgar Reynaldo, gnolam, and Matthew Leverton for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Representing a math problem.
chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

Neil Black:

Quote:

Did no one else catch this? I have lost the last remaining vestiges of respect that I had for this person's intelligence.

What you are responding to is a common problem men have. Make mistakes. We both have or faults and our failures . Prosperity is not judged on your ability to
spell and read. Prosperity is judged on your faith.

Vanneto:

Quote:

Anyway, Chris, you should really think about what religion is. Oh... Are you even allowed to think what religion is? Or is it written in the Bible?

The Bible tells me to not trust every spirit that Comes to me. But prove it.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

What you are responding to is a common problem men have. Make mistakes. We both have or faults and our failures . Prosperity is not judged on your ability to
spell and read. Prosperity is judged on your faith.

Where did I say anything about prosperity? I said intelligence. Two entirely different things.

You have offended me as a Christian, go away.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

The thing that bothers me on the whole Christian thing is this. Have you sinned? If you say no, you are a liar, if you say yes, you are going to hell. :P:)

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Sins can be forgiven.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I guess the forum doesn't look so quiet anymore, does it?

-R

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

The ones trying to shove anything down anyone's throat, is you guys.

So tell me, which of us keeps bringing up their own beliefs and arguing with everyone?
You did catch on to the fact that you were arguing against at least some other christians, right?

Quote:

I suppose, it is like anything else in history. It is the same thing when someone traces back the translation of the Holy bible. They find all kinds of false facts.
False facts that say what the man tracing wants to hear, "lie lie lie". "I can disprove God with this one...". But you still have failed to
break God's Word.

So, let me get this straight. You dispute the fact that the phrase "santa claus" is a mangled form of "Sinterklaas", who is Saint Nicholas?
Maybe you can start your answer with a simple one syllable word of no more than three characters in length and no less than two. In direct terms, a simple "yes" or "no" will suffice. Following that you can ramble on as much as you want.
Or is giving a straight answer to a straight question simply not something you do?

Quote:

Did no one else catch this?

I did, but I couldn't be bothered to get into that argument again. Papers don't write and submit themselves, unfortunately.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

Vanneto said:

The thing that bothers me on the whole Christian thing is this. Have you sinned? If you say no, you are a liar, if you say yes, you are going to hell.

Unfortunately, as Chris will surely point out to you in a moment with an excerpt from Song of Solomon, (a joke for those who know it is not relevant to the topic,) is that the message is all about forgiveness.

The gist of what Paul says is to strive for perfection, but when you fail you are forgiven. If you are a fan of Paul (the author of a good chunk of the New Testament), he says that it is by faith alone, not works, that you are saved. What this means is that you are forgiven for your sins, your belief is what saves you.

I think it was Pascal (someone correct me if I'm attributing this to the wrong person) who said that it is better to believe in God because if you believe but He does not exist, then you lose nothing when you die. However, if you do not believe and He does exist, then you lose everything.

...I thought this thread was going to be closed a while ago.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Harry Carey said:

I think it was Pascal (someone correct me if I'm attributing this to the wrong person) who said that it is better to believe in God because if you believe but He does not exist, then you lose nothing when you die. However, if you do not believe and He does exist, then you lose everything.

Yep, Pascal's Wager. But I prefer this generalization of it. ;)

Harry Carey said:

...I thought this thread was going to be closed a while ago.

I think Matthew finds it as amusing as I do. ;D

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Ah, so a Christian serial killer killing people will surely come in heaven. ;D He will be forgiven. He does have faith. :P See, that is the second thing that bothers me.

Quote:

Impossible. You cannot pretend that you are Christian. Lets say I would do this so if god does exist, I would come in heaven. Wouldnt he know I am only doing it for this reason... I mean, with all the almightyness?

Oh:
"If God truly would send you to hell for trusting your senses and logic, I'd rather spend eternity alongside likeminded people than with a bunch of ignorant fools." - mEmO

And I like this from Wikipedia:

Quote:

You should live your life and try to make the world a better place for your being in it, whether or not you believe in God. If there is no God, you have lost nothing and will be remembered fondly by those you left behind. If there is a benevolent God, he may judge you on your merits coupled with your commitments, and not just on whether or not you believed in him

;)

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

But it is written, "Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him." and "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Verily, God does not hate you. It is the truth.

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

Quote:

Where did I say anything about prosperity? I said intelligence. Two entirely different things. You have offended me as a Christian, go away.

You are correct, I was mistaken. You said nothing about prosperity.

Quote:

The thing that bothers me on the whole Christian thing is this. Have you sinned? If you say no, you are a liar, if you say yes, you are going to hell. :P:)

I have sinned, and no I am not going to hell. The Blood of Jesus Christ has washed me from all Sin, and all guilt. Jesus Christ paid my for my sin. The
law has been fulfilled. I have been baptized by water, and by the spirit.
With the law fulfilled, the sin depth over paid, I am forgiven.

Quote:

So tell me, which of us keeps bringing up their own beliefs and arguing with everyone? You did catch on to the fact that you were arguing against at least some other christians, right?

Truly, I have not seen a christian yet. You come to me and say you are a child of God. Then you tell me that God's word is a lie.
A house divided against itself can not stand.

Neil Black? Who is your Lord?
Vanneto? Who is your Lord?
Any one else claiming Christ, Tell me who your Lord is?

Prove to me that you are a christian.

Quote:

...which of us...

I believe I can say, that all of you that have posted your beliefs on me in this forum topic.

Quote:

So, let me get this straight. You dispute the fact that the phrase "santa claus" is a mangled form of "Sinterklaas", who is Saint Nicholas?
Maybe you can start your answer with a simple one syllable word of no more than three characters in length and no less than two. In direct terms, a simple "yes" or "no" will suffice. Following that you can ramble on as much as you want.
Or is giving a straight answer to a straight question simply not something you do?

Stop Derailing, And prove to me that the Word of God contradicts it self. I do not care about that lie that the world tells children.

Quote:

You can believe anything you want. The truth will always remain. You can not change wood into Gold with your thoughts. You can think of that fools Gold as riches all you. It will remain what it is.

Quote:

I think Matthew finds it as amusing as I do. ;D

You have yet to break the scriptures. Where is your constrictions? This is what you want to do isn't it. Prove God a lier?

Quote:

Ah, so a Christian serial killer killing people will surely come in heaven. ;D He will be forgiven. He does have faith. :P See, that is the second thing that bothers me.

No, An Ex Christian Killer can be saved, and go to heaven. It is written (You know it bothers you to say that, but why?) that No sin can get into heaven.
A man can have great faith, and still be wicked and Evil.

Quote:

Impossible. You cannot pretend that you are Christian. Lets say I would do this so if god does exist,
I would come in heaven. Wouldnt he know I am only doing it for this reason... I mean, with all the almightyness?

God knows the hearts of all men. He knows you better than you know yourself.

Quote:

Oh:"If God truly would send you to hell for trusting your senses and logic, I'd rather spend eternity alongside likeminded people than with a bunch of ignorant fools." - mEmO

You do not understand God. God said their can only be one Lord. Either your
logic and senses is your God. Are you can have the Only God that Exists.

Quote:

You should live your life and try to make the world a better place for your being in it...

Life can not work in that way. If you are not for God, then you are against him. And God is at war against his enemies.
This is not a war of flesh and blood. But of principalities and powers.
It is a war of Who is your Lord is.

Quote:

But it is written, "Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him." and "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

Quote:

Verily, God does not hate you. It is the truth.

It is written Mr Leverton. God Takes no Pleasure in no mans death.
God is going to take all of the Chaff, and separate it from the wheat.
The weeds are going to be discarded, and the food stored.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Quote:

I have sinned, and no I am not going to hell. The Blood of Jesus Christ has washed me from all Sin, and all guilt. Jesus Christ paid my for my sin. The
law has been fulfilled. I have been baptized by water, and by the spirit.
With the law fulfilled, the sin depth over paid, I am forgiven.

I tought that was a one-time deal only. You mean you can wash in his blood and get cleaned ALL the time? Whats the wrong in doing sins then?

Quote:

Vanneto? Who is your Lord?

My what? Dude, we dont have Lords here anymore. I live in Maribor, the Mayor here is Franc Kangler. Our President is Danilo Türk. Thats all I think.

If you meant who is my God? Me of course, I am my own god in my life. I dont believe in god as you do. Sorry if I give the impression I do, I just like to ask about religion because it puzzles me sometimes... Its weird for me. :o

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

I guess Evert got his answer.
Matthew's bot hypothesis is becoming more and more probable by the minute...

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Quote:

I have sinned, and no I am not going to hell.

How can you be sure? Are you God that you know this? I think not. So you really cant know... :D

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

I believe I can say, that all of you that have posted your beliefs on me in this forum topic.

If you'll scroll back up, you'll see that what happened is me asking you to refrain from dragging your own beliefs in when not appropriate. What the discussion turned into after that is of your own making.

Quote:

Truly, I have not seen a christian yet.

Trouble reading too?

Quote:

You come to me and say you are a child of God. Then you tell me that God's word is a lie.

I didn't do either of those. Certainly not the latter. That's not to say I don't belief what you do, but since I don't belief the things you say to be the word of god, I haven't said anything about the word of god being true or false.
Oh, and making a false statement is not the same as lieing.

Quote:

And prove to me that the Word of God contradicts it self

Oh, and do exactly what I've asked you not to do (try to force your own belief on someone else)? No thanks, I'll pass. Besides, why would I? Personally I don't care wether the words of your god contradict themselves or not. It's your god, not mine.

Quote:

I guess Evert got his answer.

Yes, but only to my second question. :(

Quote:

Matthew's bot hypothesis is becoming more and more probable by the minute...

I wonder, is there a sermon generator out there somewhere? Could be a hit with the clergy who can't be bothered to write their own...

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

Degeneration at its best.

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I'm dumb! is all I can say.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I'm been laughing like a hyena at this thread (and the OP) for a while; my common sense is no longer able to outweigh my facination with bad comedy. ;D

Quote:

Truly, I have not seen a christian yet.

Most of us don't see one in you either. The scripture bot hypothesis is getting more and more probable. >_<

Quote:

Prove to me that you are a christian.

And who are you that anyone has to prove anything to you? Who are you to judge, etc, etc.

Quote:

How can you be sure? Are you God that you know this? I think not. So you really cant know... :D

Biblically, you can.

PS: In response to the murderers going to Heaven thought, I offer this old post.

Anyway, carry on.

(to summarize: "posting in a legendary thread".)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

When DO you actually go to Hell? The thing I hate is this. You can be a good person all your life, dont commit any sins and you will go to hell for not believing in god. Stupid.

On the other hand, if you have strong faith in god and commit murder, in the end, you CAN be forgiven and get in heaven. Figures.

Oh, and are all sins equal? Is squashing a bug equal to killing a human - im viewing this from the religious side, I KNOW its not the same in reality :P

There must be a sin meter:

Not believing in God:          50 sin points
Murder (Human):                40 sin points
Murder (Animal):               5 sin points
Adultery:                      30 sin points
Cursing:                       0.05 sin points ( for eache "curse")

So, if you have more then 1000 sin points in the end, you go to hell? How do you know if you go to hell? You cant be sure... Oh wait! YOU CAN BE SURE! Before dying, you have do admit your sins and be sorry! Heaven for everyone! ;D

See, thats why religion is bullshit!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I think Murder (Animal) is 100 sin points; reference: Vick.

For it is written, "A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal, But even the compassion of the wicked is cruel."

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

How about we all stop talking and lock this thread now? :-X No one is really listening to each other anymore (from what I can see).

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

It is written "Thou shal not lock or close any thread for the thread shall die on its own if that is my will!"

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

You sound like a Nazi now.
trying desperately to invoke Godwin's Law

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

You think that will kill the thread? Just wait untill Chris comes and posts one of his long responses! He will pour more fuel on the fire! ;D

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

you will go to hell for not believing in god.

I thought you went to Hell for your own sins. Guess I was wrong. At least I don't have to take responsibility anymore! :D

PS: Did you read my link?

PPS: Where in the Bible does it say not believing in God is a sin? I could be wrong, but chapter and verse pls ....

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Go to: