Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Airline Said Her Outfit Was Too Revealing

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Airline Said Her Outfit Was Too Revealing
ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Dude this thread confuses me. I thought guys liked girls who walked around half naked? ???

There is the issue of children I suppose, but as long as nobody else makes a big deal of it they won't know the difference. Kids only freak out when their parents do (and/or train them to). And the issue of children does by no means warrant the term skank.

I always thought calling girls skanky was just what jealous girls did to the hot ones. Apparently guys do this too now? What is the world coming too...

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

Quote:

You knew a girl that was into rape? It's not really rape, then, is it?

Almost every girl I've ever talked to has rape fantasies -- yeah they'd like it to be clean, when they're in the mood, all that other BS that makes it not rape, but still it blows the mind.

As for X-G and what others have said, I just don't understand how not having sympathy for some woman makes someone pond scum or what have you... I mean it's not like they're people! :o ;) -- seriously though, people die every day, sometimes I know about it, most of the time I don't -- I have no sympathy for them... maybe I'm pond scum too then... I just don't get it.

What really gets me, is that someone on the airplane had to complain to a stewardess... "Excuse me miss, I'm afraid that if that woman with the revealing dress... yeah her, the one where you can see her cooter -- I'm afraid that if she doesn't get off the plane I might have to rape someone... thank you. :-*" ???

I can only imagine why this even happend -- I wonder if this is one of those cases where truth is stranger than fiction? :o

edit:

Quote:

I always thought calling girls skanky was just what jealous girls did to the hot ones. Apparently guys do this too now? What is the world coming too...

they totally do it out of jealousy -- I think guys are trained to by girls actually, only guys apply a little bit of sense -- if the girl dresses trashy enough she's a skank -- but then again, some people like trashy women... ;D

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

Nobody seems to have commented on the fact that this woman travelled all the way from San Diego, CA to Phoenix, AZ for a doctor's appointment (ca. 5:45 in the video). She only spent 2 or so hours there so probably didn't have time to do much else. Don't they have doctors in San Diego?

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

Don't they have doctors in San Diego?

she went to see a spacelist not out of the ordinary where im from.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Quote:

As for X-G and what others have said, I just don't understand how not having sympathy for some woman makes someone pond scum or what have you...

It's not the lack of sympathy, it's the implication that rape can be justified. It can't be. Ever.

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

she went to see a spacelist not out of the ordinary where im from.

A spacelist? I want to see one of those! :P

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Not that I'm an expert on rape or anything, but I'm a huge fan of the Law and Order: SVU television show, which is centered around "sexually based crimes". Rape is a very touchy subject and any word mentioned of it should be very carefully put. Otherwise, you'll spend a lot of time trying to recover from that statement.

There are some cases of rape where the victim claimed to have been raped, when really she consented in the first place (that is, if the episodes are correct). That's scary to, to be convicted of raping someone when you haven't. Still, legit rapes cannot be justified.

It's very difficult to say what is too revealing (unless something is revealed!). But if they say it is, cry about it and get over it, don't go on TV about it. That's ridiculous.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

There are some cases of rape where the victim claimed to have been raped, when really she consented in the first place (that is, if the episodes are correct).

As many as 40-60% of all rape accusations are false, in fact. It's pretty scary when you think about it.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

What's scary is that the alleged rapist has his name dragged through mud, and will never be totally clean again.

For every reported rape (actual or fabricated), how many go unreported?

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

what's really fucked up is that most real rapes go unreported to the police or the woman doesn't press charges, while most reported rapes are false. -- Actually if you talk a woman into sleeping with you it's rape -- if you TALK her into it and she agrees, yes she can report that as rape and press charges, and you have to go register as a fucking sex offender, mean-while the real sex offenders who violently hold your girlfriends down and rape them -- they get off scott free because the woman is too emotionally traumatized to fucking talk to a cop about it!

Quote:

It's not the lack of sympathy, it's the implication that rape can be justified. It can't be. Ever.

he never claimed rape was OK, he said he wouldn't feel sorry for someone who got what they asked for, quit pumping words down his throat.

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Quote:

he never claimed rape was OK

Correct. He implied it.

--

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

IMH(and correct)O he did not. But whatever, you have fun with your witch hunt. I've got better things to do.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I didn't find that outfit too bad. Hell, I've seen college girls dressed in more revealing clothes up here in Northern Ontario.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I see almost as bad every day too, I barely notice it anymore.

m c
Member #5,337
December 2004

Quote:

Quote:

he never claimed rape was OK

Correct. He implied it.

I disagree, too simplistic. This is what i think stated more clearly:

He says that "he has no sympathy for x" as a bit of a figure of speach (because it is one, a very common one) and means that because the woman dressed arousingly (which she did not IMHO, but let's just pretend that she did), then if she were to be raped then it is "no surprise" (another figure of speach there). This is still a pretty cold point of view mind you. It is no surprise because he is focusing on her thoughts, her mind, her motivations, what ideas she provokes in others (willingly or not)... etc

like this:
If she would worry about being raped then she should take measures to prevent it. Do not provoke that which you do not want to occur. If rape is such a bad thing, then why the hell would you do anything that might give people ideas about that -what if you come across someone who takes those ideas to head and actually does that!

Of course such a person would be a bad person, BUT there are bad people everywhere. Pressing charges does not un-rape you, so if you do not want it, then be smart and avoid it. Getting run over is bad, so before crossing, even if it is a marked crossing and you have right-of-way, do not just blindly run out.. sure you should be allowed to do it, but "i have no sympathy" for people that put such unecessary risks on their life as to run out in front of a speeding truck or what have you...

Whereas i was thinking that although that does make sense, it is completely irrelvant. Yes of course she may be giving people ideas, it's obvious, that is how straight guys think! However she should be allowed to do so, it is a basic inalienable human right, she should be allowed to flaunt it all she wants and if someone forces themselves on her then all of your disapproval should be focused on THEM not HER.

It is purely a matter of perspective. I dont think it was "rape is ok", but instead "rape is bad, so she should not ask for it" when instead it should be "rape is bad, so others should not perform it".

And yes being sexually attractive is "asking for" rape. I am sorry but that is a basic fact of life on this planet with fellow humans. If you look submissive as well then you are "asking for it" even more. If you are sitting there all alone in a secluded area then that is "asking for rape" even more still, and so on. BUT! People should be able to "ask for it" all they want and it should never happen, and if it does then the person that ansewerd the "call" for rape should be the sole reciever of any bad will, because answering rape is something that no person should ever do.

Of course this all assumes that you are living in an environment where justice is a given. Which it always should be but NEVER is (to varying degrees mind you). Still i prefer to hold to my ideals instead of to settle on any level of compromise. I understand that other people around are inferior, but i would not knee them in the balls several times, that is unjust. Instead I would "lead by example".

So I don't know if X-G et all were being completely dead-serious, if they were then i think that they are bad as well.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

probably the most thought provoking thing anyone has said all thread. This pond-scum aplauds you.

However, I still stand by rape as a means of keeping the species going -- "I wouldn't date you if you were the last person alive" and all that BS -- hell, no one wants to date the woman, we just want to keep the species going. ;)

Oh, and I also have no condemnation for cavemen who raped to get the species going in the first place and what not -- we barbarians and our 12 hour clocks you know. 8-)

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

How is being sexually attractive asking for rape? Only some sick fuck is going to rape somebody, so I see the problem being the raper, not the rapee.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Not all rapists are into girls who dress like her. Some like girls who look young. Some simply like children. Some like women who live in the dangerous parts of town and who have to come home from work when the streets are looking dark and lonely. The point is, you can't influence (through your dress code) a rapist's decision on whether he's going to rape you or not.

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Quote:

And yes being sexually attractive is "asking for" rape.

Certainly not, and definitely never. That's trying to bring rape from a black and white totally wrong to shades of grey. It's trying to make it partially acceptable depending on the circumstances. No, no and no. To say she had it coming is a an extremely ignorant and false statement. Next there'll be claims that a woman in a bikini (or even topless) on a beach is asking for it.

--

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

lolololol
look at these dicks talking as though they know what it's like to have a vagina.

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

Talked without thinking again, eh? ::)

Well for the record: I've got one :o -- I keep it in between my girlfriend's legs. :-* -- And I doubt I'm the only one here in that position. 8-)

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I agree with HardTranceFan, the blame for rape lies solely on the rapist. A man isn't going to be walking down the street, see a beautiful, scantily clad woman, and suddenly decide to become a rapist. It just doesn't work like that. The rapist decides to rape someone, then finds a victim, he doesn't see a woman and say "Hey, she's just asking for it!" and then run over and attack her.

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

You guys are just putting way too much thought into analyzing something someone said (and later regretted) while intoxicated.

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

teh lolz. look at the kitty expert. You are too funny Jensen. Ooooh someone is sticking his penis in a vagina! lololololol

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

seriously though, who let the dogs out? you two are posting rude, unconstructive comments in almost every topic I post in; I know I'm attractive, but jeez, quit following me! enough is enough, go sniff someone elses crotch for a while!

Are you guys not getting enough attention at home? or maybe you spent some time in a harry potter book and you're now at a sixth grade reading level, so you can troll these forums quicker, or what? calm it down a little, will ya? You're not the only ones who can be annoying jackasses you know. >:(

Go to: