Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » What thoughts keep you up at night?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
What thoughts keep you up at night?
Kwame Alexander
Member #3,759
August 2003

Quote:

That piece of is meaningless if the you doesn't have the nous, gumption or attitude to make decent use of it.

Am I the only one who had to look up the meaning of "nous,"? I was sure that it was a spelling error, or at least a misplaced French pronoun.

--------------------------
"Be yourself and it'll just happen," - Traditional litany against success

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I usually have trouble when I have to do 10 things at once and so I drink a lot of caffeine to keep my mind working. Then it gets to the point where in order to do the jobs well, I need to get some sleep. Then I just lay in bed thinking about what needs to be done. Those conundrums are quite tricky.

Quote:

boobs

Those thoughts tend to help me sleep. :P yes, cuddling up next to a nice pair of boobs.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

The thoughts of that can help me sleep, yes, but if I have an actual pair to cuddle up with it keeps me awake for at least an hour. 8-)

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Quote:

Am I the only one who had to look up the meaning of "nous,"?

I had to check I spelt it correctly. ;D

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Kwame Alexander said:

Am I the only one who had to look up the meaning of "nous,"?

Nope. :)

Kwame Alexander said:

I was sure that it was a spelling error, or at least a misplaced French pronoun.

Seconded. :-/

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

I think this cartoon is relevant.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

I use to stay awake thinking about the games I was making, but recently I discovered I fall asleep faster if I don't try to think about anything at all.
Last night, however, I fell asleep thinking about how many people I saw killed in the new Halloween movie. :( And I thought I was desensitized to violence.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

Simon Parzer
Member #3,330
March 2003

Quote:

Last night I couldn't sleep and I thought of all the things I did wrong in my life. Comes down to 3 or 4 points.
But usually it takes about 5 or 10 minutes and I'm so fast asleep nobody can wake me up for at least six hours.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

The strong urge to post on A.cc. And, when I'm not near a computer, the thoughts of what I'll post next time I'm on A.cc.

Specter
Member #8,535
April 2007

I'm sorry for not posting for a bit, was taking care of college things. I fear that Karadoc~~ and nonnus29 have confused the Universe Theory with the Parallel/Alternate Reality Theory.

Universe Theory: This is the theory that says there are other earth like planets like our own somewhere in the universe. (This is not what I'm talking about.)

Parallel/Alternate Reality Theory: This is the theory that says there are realities running parallel to our own. In these realities things are like our own but due to different set events have changed compared to ours. (This is the what I'm talking about.)

It may sound like bad science fiction, but it keeps me up because of the fact that if it were real then that means that a scientist in one of the realities may be finding a way to break through the barriers and go to the other realities. That is why I said that in some realities our fantasy and fiction may be reality.

Specter
Specter Entertainment
"The icy chill of death has consumed me."

mEmO
Member #1,124
March 2001

Quote:

Universe Theory with the Parallel/Alternate Reality Theory

Not really. What they assume is that if the universe has infinite energy in it, and it reaches infinitely in any direction, every event that can happen will happen, as there are infinitely many possibilities for it to occur.

---------------------------------------------
There is only one God, and Connor is his son!
http://www.memocomputers.com
Happy birthday!

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Why don't you just admit it: The true reason why y'all lay awake at night is because none of you is getting any while the thuggish simpleton alpha male next door is hosting the decathlon of the sexual olympics.

Oh yes, more Jägermeister please and then some Branca Menta...

You don't deserve my sig.

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Quote:

Why don't you just admit it: The true reason why y'all lay awake at night is because none of you is getting any while the thuggish simpleton alpha male next door is hosting the decathlon of the sexual olympics.

Because it ain't true. 99% of us get some sometimes, or if we haven't / don't, will do eventually.
Many things can cause insomnia. For example - caffiene, amphetamines, LSD etc... parallel universes.
Why have responded to this post ? Feeling argumentative.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

99% of us get some sometimes, or if we haven't / don't, will do eventually.

:'(

Wilson Saunders
Member #5,872
May 2005

Quote:

It is not so much the thoughts as my girlfriend's chinchilla running on its exercises wheel. Whose bright idea was it to keep a nocturnal rodent as a pet?

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

Whose bright idea was it to keep a nocturnal rodent as a pet?

At least she didn't choose a bat... a VAMPIRE BAT! AHHH!

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

@neil

I was 27 when I first 'got some'.
I went through years of despair before this time. I thought I was unwantable but I was wrong.
You're only 19. Listen to Phil Collins - 'Can't hurry love.'

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

27? That actually makes me feel worse. By 27 I'd like to have kids, not just be getting started. In fact, I'd like to have my first kid about 9 months after i get a decent job.

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

The kids crying keep me up at night, other than that I sleep the sleep of the dead.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

William Labbett: You're actually pretty cute.

Thoughts of nonnus keep me up all night. Every night.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Me too.

:o

Specter
Member #8,535
April 2007

Wow, I was 21 in my case and have kids. So Neil Black, don't be too sad or depressed.

Specter
Specter Entertainment
"The icy chill of death has consumed me."

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Quote:

By 27 I'd like to have kids, not just be getting started.

Sweet Jesus! :o
I really don't want to have kids until I'm 30+ and starting to settle down. There are a lot of things I want to do between now and then!

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

well I want an early start because i want a lot of kids. Like, 6-7 at the minimum. I'm worrying about meeting a girl now because, face it, there probably aren't that many girls who want to have that many kids.

Kwame Alexander
Member #3,759
August 2003

A way to do both would be marrying someone 10-15 years younger. Although, it might be tough unless she's very mature or you're very immature.

Thinking about that, I'll probably have to wait until I'm 45 before any girl of my maturity level even reaches legal age...

--------------------------
"Be yourself and it'll just happen," - Traditional litany against success

Go to: