Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Bandwidth Theft Questions

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Bandwidth Theft Questions
ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Quote:

"Arguing over mosquito laws"

I think the point he was trying to get at had nothing to do with mosquitoes per se. I think he was making a point that laws like these get put into action and never revoked, which is an honest critique.

Something that you agree with can still be wrong in certain aspects.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Quote:

What should I do to easrn your respect back?

You could always email bamccaig more pictures "of yourself."

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

You could always email bamccaig more pictures "of yourself."

Can you make it a blonde this time?

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

About the "laws" thing. Here in Kentucky, it's still illeagal to walk around with ice cream in you back pockets, because back in the day horse theives would do that to get the horse to follow them.

EDIT:
Yeah, blonde is better ;)
but redheads are the best ;D

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

{"name":"thread.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/9\/e9390853b2175a46a8bd43772d0c8c56.jpg","w":400,"h":300,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/9\/e9390853b2175a46a8bd43772d0c8c56"}thread.jpg

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Possumdude0 said:

About the "laws" thing. Here in Kentucky, it's still illeagal to walk around with ice cream in you back pockets, because back in the day horse theives would do that to get the horse to follow them.

That's funny, but I don't see a cop actually arresting or fining you for it. However, why would anybody put ice cream in their back pockets anyway? :-/

There are silly laws all over the world and most of them either don't interfere with sane behavior or wouldn't be enforced by many law enforcement officers.

Possumdude0 said:

Yeah, blonde is better ;)
but redheads are the best ;D

I prefer brunettes like this shot of Michelle Branch:

http://allegro.cc/files/attachment/592140

Next is probably black hair like this shot of Michelle Branch (I'm too tired to think of different women ;D):

http://allegro.cc/files/attachment/592141

And I also like [brunette-]blond hair like Jennifer Aniston:

http://allegro.cc/files/attachment/592142

8-)

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Quote:

why would anybody put ice cream in their back pockets anyway?

You really don't read, do you? :P

Quote:

because back in the day horse theives would do that to get the horse to follow them.

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

About the mosquito thing. People without natural resistance to a deadly disease should serve Darwin.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Stay away from the forums.

But you won't, because
Diana was right. All hail Diana!

-R

ralph hulett
Member #4,690
June 2004

Dustin said:

I think the point he was trying to get at had nothing to do with mosquitoes per se. I think he was making a point that laws like these get put into action and never revoked, which is an honest critique.

Yes Dustin is right. But my main point is that laws like these come
from the mind's of regular citizens. who then take it upon
themselves to prod the lawmakers into making it a law. Like
maybe they cut there grass down to 3 inches and there
neighbor cuts his to 5 inches. So they complain to the town
counsel that the neighborhood looks like crap with all the different
sized grass. So the town counsel makes it a law that everybody's
grass needs to be cut to 3 inches. Laws as stupid as this do
exist, and are enforced.

Also behind my property is a large mosquito infested pond that
has never been sprayed. I guess my tires were a bigger threat.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

You really don't read, do you?

I think this time he is right, watch your prejudice!
Today there aren't many horse thieves left, and surely they wont use ice-creams to get the job done.
So why would anyone (today that the law is ridiculous) put their ice-cream in their back pocket? :P

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Ron Ofir
Member #2,357
May 2002

Quote:

Here in Kentucky, it's still illeagal to walk around with ice cream in you back pockets, because back in the day horse theives would do that to get the horse to follow them.

Haha! You just made my day! ;D

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Quote:

When someone posts an url to a funny page, you post:

;D New!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Quote:

So why would anyone (today that the law is ridiculous) put their ice-cream in their back pocket?

Well, to steal horses. Other than that I can't think of a reason. It's so stupid, why repeal the law? ;)

Also, ralph, would you please stop hitting enter like that? It is very annoying, as your post ends up taking up like 1/5 of my screen, instead of the whole width.

Quote:

Also behind my property is a large mosquito infested pond that has never been sprayed. I guess my tires were a bigger threat.

I personally would have it sprayed, but only because mosquitos annoy me to hell when I'm trying to be outside.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Quote:

Well, to steal horses. Other than that I can't think of a reason. It's so stupid, why repeal the law? ;)

That is an offensive stereotype. My friends at the ICPWA* will hear about this, I may even get Mr. Hotfudgetrousers to take up the cause in Washington!

*Ice-Cream Pants Wearer's Association

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

You want to talk about stupid laws? Just discuss about software patents!
;)

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

You want to talk about stupid laws?

GRAVITY. It's always getting in the way.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

leo_ryl
Member #8,450
March 2007

What happend was I coppied some stuff off of sissorels forum and posted it on mine. I gave Him credit and never once said it was mine. He flipped and demanded I remove it, I replyed that if he had just asked nicely I would have. Then he went to my forum hoster and made up some crap about me taking his stuff and saying I was its author; needless to say my forum got removed. Then he chased my email thrue the web using google and got me baned from all my forums exept this one. THEN, he URL scanned my librairies internet and created somesort of stalker-like profile file on me. Lastly he threatend my internet and a lawsuite if I didn't basically cower before him. As you see I didn't have any choice. I was storing the text for my self so I had quick links to the rules and other stuff needed to RP in Sissorells forum.

Whats your view on this?

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

If you were a 1337 hacker it wouldn't have happened? Also, gullible is written underneath your keyboard.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Hard Rock
Member #1,547
September 2001

Quote:

Whats your view on this?

Honestly? You people have WAY to much free time.

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Quote:

Whats your view on this?

Yawn. Wake me up when the pettiness has vanished and sanity prevails.

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

He flipped and demanded I remove it, I replyed that if he had just asked nicely I would have.

When the original author tells you to remove it, you don't "reply". You do it. It's his stuff. And next time you might want to ask first. If you had ended up stealing from a person (or a company) with some actual clout, the request might have come in the form of a court order. Sissorelle may well be some irrational jerk that flew off the handle, but you asked for it. :)

Moral of the story: create your own content if you want to earn something.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Quote:

Yawn. Wake me up when the pettiness has vanished and sanity prevails.

I for one welcome our new sleeping beauty overlord :)

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

So why would anyone (today that the law is ridiculous) put their ice-cream in their back pocket?

To fight the system, man!

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Lastly he threatend my internet and a lawsuite

How do you threaten a suite for laws? Oh, and I hope nobody ever threatens my Internet, because it's very sensitive. pats Internet on the head

-R

Go to: