This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
Impeachment Day
Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

http://www.a28.org/

Quote:

George Bush and Dick Cheney have lied the nation into a war of aggression, are spying in open violation of the law, and have sanctioned the use of torture. These are high crimes and misdemeanors that demand accountability. Since Congress doesn't seem to get it, on April 28 Americans from Miami, Florida to North Pole, Alaska are going to spell it out for them: IMPEACH!

<insert impressive Google map of planned protests>

Mass impeachment protests all over the USA are planned for tomorrow.
I wonder how effective or noticeable it will be, seeing as I didn't even hear about it until today?

Regardless, I'll cruise by my local protest and see the turnout. If it's decent, I might stick around.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

It will be insignificant.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

If it's decent, I might stick around.

Well, there's bound to be loads of hot chicks. They seem to gravitate to such events.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I support the war in Iraq. I'm not convinced that the President or Vice President have done anything wrong.

In any case, if you care to read some more on it (I know I'm uninformed of what's really happening, etc.) there is apparently a Wikipedia article, Movement to impeach George W. Bush.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I cannot see this resulting in the impeachment of Pres. Bush.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Even if the protest do attract more than a few thousands, it will have no effect, so I wouldn't bother.

-R

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Even if the protest do attract more than a few thousands, it will have no effect, so I wouldn't bother.

The effect is that it attracts the hot chicks to you, man. Especially if you get yourself arrested protesting. Of course, they're all batshit crazy, but hey, sex is sex.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Of course, they're all batshit crazy, but hey, sex is sex.

I don't know... those chicks bang anyone in their way, to the point of having radioactive pussies. I'm pretty fond of my dick for that.

[edit]

I expected to see some censorship in this post. ???

-R

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

I don't know... those chicks bang anyone in their way, to the point of having radioactive pussies. I'm pretty fond of my dick for that.

Well, in every group, there's always one "newbie" who'll try almost anyhting to get accepted by her "cool" friends. Aim for that one.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Well, in every group, there's always one "newbie" who'll try almost anyhting to get accepted by her "cool" friends. Aim for that one.

Damn it, now I really want to go!

I'll start my own protest here, since I don't live in the USA.

-R

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Damn it, now I really want to go!

Bear in mind, they're usually not quite as cute as the others, but they make up for it in willingness. To really get them going, make sure you occasionally curse warmongers and capatalists.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

make sure you occasionally curse warmongers and capatalists.

"Kill all capitalistians, I make love, not war! Hey, darling do you want to try that last one? All right, let's go to my car... an uncapitalistic car, of course"

-R

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Quote:

I cannot see this resulting in the impeachment of Pres. Bush.

I can't see this resulting in anything. But people like to make statements, and by stopping by I at least do my part in being open to the event, in case it really is huge. (the whole categorical imperative dealie)

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Nothing close enough. Like the idea though, something is better then nothing.

My only fear is that this will cause the effort to burn out when it gets no results.

Although, on the other hand, bush has been getting mighty desperate and radical in his mini-war against congress. Maybe the two movements will fuel each other.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

bamccaig said:
I support the war in Iraq. I'm not convinced that the President or Vice President have done anything wrong.

By God, bamccaig, I knew there was something about your opinionated trolling I liked!

Now we just need to do something about all these un-American peace-niks that scour the interweb with their pacifist, defeatist, bullshit.

edit;

What I'm trying to figure out is: what game is Russia playing? First they use their natural gas as a political weapon, they have as much of a problem with radical Islam as we do (Chechnya), their population is declining rapidly, and Putin is nearing his last year in office.

It's like Russia's forieng policy is a policy to be the opposite of the US with no other reason.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Yeah, since Bush and his cronies did nothing wrong, then All of the Generals would be CLAMOURING over that new "War Czar" (aka: Execution Manager) role they've put forward!

You know, except they've all turned it down, stating the feds have no fucking clue that the hell they are doing!

Not to mention all of those friends of bush that used to work in the Gov't but have since been removed!

Bah, who's to say who's right or wrong, all that matters is that a country is destroyed for the wrong reasons!

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Yeah, I'll grant that the invasion of Iraq will most likely go down in history as a mistake. I also think that given imperfect intelligence (ahem) Bush chose incorrectly what intelligence info to trust.

But the question now is: How do we get out without leaving a million more dead Iraqi's due to the civil war? Aside from Moderate Islam making a stand against radicalism, I don't think we can.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

My oppinion? Finish it. don't go part in and just sit around thinking things will fix themselves. 20k more troops? Hah. quadruple that (and then double that!), kick some underground ass, and then pull out.

You start something, you better be damn sure you're willing to do it properly.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I think TF is correct, but I wonder what the time frame to stabilize Iraq really is. Honestly, I think we'd have to stay in there for at least 40 years with a large military force, take over the education system, and replace all religious and political leaders with puppets.

And if that's not possible, we might as well admit the whole thing was a mistake, pull out, and let the radicals take over. Worst they can do is kill each other, as we've established that they sure cannot do any major damage with WMDs. And if they do anything stupid with the oil fields, we can just storm back and take those over for good. :P

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Let's just hope things wont get as bad as they are in Estonia right now.
As was said, make love, not war :-*

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

I know if i showed up to one of those events i'd be banned from crossing the border ever again. People who show up to these things have been put on no fly lists. That's freedom and liberty ain't it?

edit: i don't think iraq can be stabilized. Different culture, different peoples, different values. It's a lost cause.

And cheney.. if you're reading this.. there's no point bombing them into the stone age.. they are already there.

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Goalie Ca said:

I know if i showed up to one of those events i'd be banned from crossing the border ever again. People who show up to these things have been put on no fly lists. That's freedom and liberty ain't it?

Name 3. Yeah, that's what I thought; bullshit.

Goalie Ca said:

i don't think iraq can be stabilized. Different culture, different peoples, different values. It's a lost cause.

Then you're a lost cause.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Myrdos
Member #1,772
December 2001

Nonnus said:

Putin is nearing his last year in office.

Putin seems to be trying to bring about a return of the good ol USSR. There's serious doubt in my mind that he'll step down when his time is up, I suspect he'll end up serving a third term.

Georgian Times said:

The Putin administration wants to incite disorder and coups d'etat in Georgia and Ukraine in order to install pro-Russian forces in power there... The Kremlin's ultimate goal is clear: it wants Georgia to be ruled by forces that would follow a pro-communist ideology and conduct a pro-Russian policy. It wants to use part of the Georgian opposition forces to this end... The Russians are planning to fan the flames of ethnic strife in Samtskhe-Javakheti [a Georgian area with an Armenian population], aggravate Georgian-Azerbaijani relations, stir up socioeconomic unrest and bloody incidents in the conflict zone, increase crime, stage acts of terror and subversion, and discredit NATO in the eyes of the Georgian public.

About 50 newspaper snippets from the surrounding countries, each expressing similar feelings.

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Quote:

Then you're a lost cause.

Forcing yourself and your way on other people does not work. Who wants to bet things will be at least as bad in Iraq in 15 years as they are now?

[edit]

Quote:

Putin seems to be trying to bring about a return of the good ol USSR

So it is. From the news reports it seems it is already a police state, perhaps even worse than Belorussia. The thing in Tallinn is great vote collector for him also since he can spread all the FUD he likes in his home country :-/

1   2   3   4 

Go to: