Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » Mouse movement

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Mouse movement
Vasco Freitas
Member #6,904
February 2006

The mouse movement in allegro is very jerky... It seems that after I move the mouse past a certain speed the pointer suddenly goes double the speed. I use get_mouse_mickeys() to update mouse movement. I tried to change the mouse speed but that makes it even worse. When the program is in windowed mode though, the mouse movement is fine (I suppose because it uses Windows' mouse movement). I've also tried to turn off mouse acceleration in allegro settings and recompile. Any ideas?

Ceagon Xylas
Member #5,495
February 2005

I actually have no idea, but have you tried checking out poll_mouse()

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Do you use a logitech mouse and their extra super special drivers? If so, switch to the standard mouse driver.

--
sig used to be here

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

This is a known issue with fullscreen mouse accleration in Windows.

Vasco Freitas
Member #6,904
February 2006

miran said:

Do you use a logitech mouse and their extra super special drivers? If so, switch to the standard mouse driver.

I have a Logitech G5, and I have to use it's drivers, otherwise the mouse movement in Windows is jerky...

Richard Phipps said:

This is a known issue with fullscreen mouse accleration in Windows.

I guess I'll have to use another library for mouse movement then? Or are there other workarounds?

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

I disabled mouse acceleration in fullscreen in the allegro source and then applied my own mouse acceleration ingame for Neon Wars. That worked ok for me.

raja peter
Member #7,835
October 2006

what abt this.

draw_sprite(buffer_image, cursor_image, mouse_x, mouse_y);

luv,

raja

Go to: