Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Leaving A.cc and #allegro

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Leaving A.cc and #allegro
PaperStack
Member #7,796
September 2006

Quote:

Actually, when I was a newbie... we didn't have internet. When I started posting here I was already familiar with both C and Allegro (though obviously not as familiar as I am now)... so in a sense, I was never a noob.

And that's why I said most. ;) Anyway... I'm still here. :P

Yes, no, maybe?

Hard Rock
Member #1,547
September 2001

We can fix that :D

[edit]
RTFM!

PaperStack
Member #7,796
September 2006

Quote:

RTFM!

I've already had that one. :D

Yes, no, maybe?

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

STFU noob!

--
sig used to be here

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

UTFG to RTFM
n00bs ;)

I'm like Evert. By the time I could get to Internet I had been programming for several years. Back then I thought I was quite good but today I know I'm still a n00b :P

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

Quote:

I guess you will never read the Dune books then. The one I red had an introduction that was around 300 pages long :P

Wrong. I have read one of them, and even though the introduction was quite long, it was still rewarding in itself, which kept me reading. It was when I realized the physical uselessness of these super-suits they wear when walking in the desert that I got an odd feeling about the whole thing. The style isn't half bad though. For an example of bad style, read the Harry Potter series.

---
Me make music: Triofobie
---
"We need Tobias and his awesome trombone, too." - Johan Halmén

Eradicor
Member #2,992
December 2002

I remember briefly looking trought djgpp before getting internet in Xmas 1996. 10 years oh my! Aniversery!

Anyway. I learned that i was noob. Now i am noob, and i will propably even degrade over time.

| Visit The site |
{Creating realms from dreams since 1995}

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Haha, success! He's gone! :D

One down, many to go...

--
sig used to be here

PaperStack
Member #7,796
September 2006

Quote:

Haha, success! He's gone! :D

One down, many to go...

Uh... sorry. Not yet! Haha! :D

One still here, many more to come... ;)

Yes, no, maybe?

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Where's the game we want a screenshot of noob?

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Damn, I was so close....

--
sig used to be here

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Where's the game we want a screenshot of noob?

Its newb, you n00b!

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

How did most the leaders (or whatever you want to call them) of A.cc get where they are now? They started off as "noobs" and perhaps endured a few insults for a while until they could show that they were "in for the long haul."

Few post earlier Miran stated that he was born with the knowlegde. After that he proved it by stating 42 ;) So he must know everything, well maybe, expcept the question for which 42 is answer, or maybe he knows the question but doesn't know the answer, well it can also be... doesn't matter now, what does really matter is that he know EVERYTHING, understand? EVERYTHING, that means E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. ;D

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

what does really matter is that he know EVERYTHING

Let's hope he uses it for good...

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

No, we're all gonna die... [panic...shooting...explosion...scream...flash...silence]

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Miran's mind was open to The Knowledge of the Universe the moment he was born. It proved too much for his baby mind to handle and, after visiting lots of psychiatrists and doctors, he could lead a somewhat normal life. He does know everything, but he still suffers from intolerance to noobs from his early years :(.

-R

PaperStack
Member #7,796
September 2006

Quote:

No, we're all gonna die... [panic...shooting...explosion...scream...flash...silence]

I'm still here... :D (Sorry, miran.)

Yes, no, maybe?

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

I'm still here... (Sorry, miran.)

Just wait until dark falls and everyone goes to bed. No one will suspect anything, but you will know I'm coming for you when the lights mysteriously go out, the doors in your house close by themselves and suddenly the air in your room gets very cold. You will know I'm coming, but you will lie in your bed, too petrified to even move. I will come for you in the middle of the night and I'll take you with me to my cave, where I'll skin you alive, roast you in my fire and then eat you for breakfast. With maple syrup. Muahahahahaha!

--
sig used to be here

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

I'm still here...

/me adds PaperStack to the auto-hide list.

Who's not here?

PaperStack
Member #7,796
September 2006

Quote:

Just wait until dark falls and everyone goes to bed. No one will suspect anything, but you will know I'm coming for you when the lights mysteriously go out, the doors in your house close by themselves and suddenly the air in your room gets very cold. You will know I'm coming, but you will lie in your bed, too petrified to even move. I will come for you in the middle of the night and I'll take you with me to my cave, where I'll skin you alive, roast you in my fire and then eat you for breakfast. With maple syrup. Muahahahahaha!

Oh, look at your cave... I stole all your knives and painted the walls bright pink. :D

Yes, no, maybe?

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

Sorry again! I live outside.

Oh, and look at your cave... I stole all your knives and painted the walls bright pink.

OK, now you're just making things up...

--
sig used to be here

PaperStack
Member #7,796
September 2006

Ok, ok... I took out the part about living outside...

But, I think that you made up the part about the maple syrup.

Yes, no, maybe?

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

I will come for you in the middle of the night and I'll take you with me to my cave, where I'll skin you alive, roast you in my fire and then eat you for breakfast. With maple syrup. Muahahahahaha!

...Osama?

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Duh! Everyone knows Osama doesn't eat maple syrup. ::)

-R

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

But, I think that you made up the part about the maple syrup.

But I like maple syrup.

Btw, are you going to post anywhere else other than the off-topic forums? Because you know, you're required to keep a ratio of at least 1:1 between posts in off-topic and posts in the more meaningful sections? It was in the fine print you OKed when you signed up. Otherwise you'll be banned from the site!

--
sig used to be here

Go to: