Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » post pictures of your place

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
post pictures of your place
manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

before the babies:

{"name":"pictar093mediumkj2.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/d\/0dd40b61843f8f2fe5e46b58aed9fd3f.jpg","w":800,"h":600,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/d\/0dd40b61843f8f2fe5e46b58aed9fd3f"}pictar093mediumkj2.jpg

After the babies:

{"name":"pictar322mediumts5.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/a\/aa66ba2743e7decd7b65f78bab7bb173.jpg","w":800,"h":600,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/a\/aa66ba2743e7decd7b65f78bab7bb173"}pictar322mediumts5.jpg

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Trumgottist
Member #95
April 2000

RP: Don't you mean: "Babies suck! 8-);D"

--
"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody - it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

Play my game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

This girl has got definit issues about keeping her feet out of photos....

:o

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Looks like a nice place, Dennis :)

I always take a picture of my room before and after I clean it. The change is usually frightening. Maybe I'll post some of those later tonight.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

Quote:

This girl has got definit issues about keeping her feet out of photos....

This girl has much nicer and daintier feet than that. Those are my husband's feet.

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

I live here. Click on zoom level 10 to see more exactly.

Sirocco
Member #88
April 2000

{"name":"godzilla.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/9\/490daedf3a71000b6de490d2bbcd8982.jpg","w":1024,"h":768,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/9\/490daedf3a71000b6de490d2bbcd8982"}godzilla.jpg

Yes, yes, it's a pic of the back wall of my office at home with Godzilla lounging in the sunlight. The books are all extremely old, but certain things like my copy of Dos Programmers Reference, copy of IBM DOS v1.5, and other esoteric pieces of documentation are part of my geek cred, so they remain on the bookshelf.

-->
Graphic file formats used to fascinate me, but now I find them rather satanic.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Sirocco
Member #88
April 2000

He's a rather larger specimen, no? He gets plenty of exercise and a modest supply of food, but he already weighs right at 20 pounds (~9 kilograms) at the tender age of three. He's quite adorable during the winter with his heavier coat and fluffy white mane.

-->

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

He reminds me of a sheepskin rug I used to have!

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

the bookshelf said;
Game Programming in 21 Days

Ahh, so that's the secret behind Fenix Blade, Frenetic, etc....

Where can I find this book?

:P

Sirocco
Member #88
April 2000

Heh, there's a bunch of old stuff on my shelf, mostly useless by today's standards, and certainly nothing I've actually touched in the last six years:

Flights of Fantasy - A good book for beginning programmers detailing things like palettes, bitmaps, and all manner of 2D and 3d primitives. Includes the source for a flight sim detailed in the book.

Bitmapped Graphics Programming in C++ - An extremely useful book for understanding bitmap file formats and how to read and write them. Contains full source to read and write goodies like gif, lbm, tga, tiff, bmp, pcx, etc.

Teach Yourself... Assembler - A shitty book, but a shitty book on ASM, so it's on the shelf.

Zen of Graphics Programming - Another extremely useful book that picks up where Flights of Fantasy drops off. Loads of good stuff on texture mapping and 3D stuff, along with when and where to optimize your graphics code.

Teach Yourself Game Programming in 21 Days - Moderately interesting tome detailing general concepts like tile maps, boundary detection, and sprites. Won't make you an expert, but it may fill in some gaps in your knowledge.

Secrets of the Game Programming Gurus - See above. Written by the same team, more or less.

Inside 3D Studio 3 - Okay, now I'm showing my age ;) Once upon a time I was big into rendering and stuff, so there.

Assembly Programming for Microcomputers - Covers x86 and Motorola stuff. Much better than the other ASM book, and is actually readable :)

DOS Programmers Reference - The holy grail of DOS programming. Over 1000 pages detailing every known aspect of DOS from file I/O to EMS/XMS and printer access. Has snippets of ASM and C for just about everything. I swore by this book for many years.

Various C/C++ reference books - Before the net, this is what we used ;)

Sadly, I've sold, donated, or tossed the vast majority of my programming books, including some dicey pieces on modem protocol programming, IBM XGA adapter references, TSR programming, EMS/XMS memory management (which is actually far easier to program than anyone could ever realize), driver and operating system design, OCR and scanner interfaces, and a bunch of other stuff I've forgotten about.

All this stuff came in handy in the pre-FB era when I was working on BBS software along with cracks, trainers, and intros/cracktros and other oddities. Once I got my hands on Allegro, I was ready to rumble ;)

-->

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

CGamesPlay: That "I Spy" site doesn't work here, says "redirection limit exceeded".(using Mozilla)

nonnus: Nice, I didn't know Aldi's are in the US already.

On a sidenote: Work doesn't seem to leave me enough time to hang on a.cc as much as I'd like to, but it's nice seeing everyones pictures, keep them coming.:)

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Interesting. Works here. http://ispy.cgamesplay.com/index.php

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Quote:

Where can I find this book?

I have a similar book, maybe its teach yourself game programming in 9 days, I'm not sure. It's not really anything useful, it touches the basics of Win32/DirectX/GDI to make simple 2d games (like a matching game), load graphics, and such. Some of the theories were useful but all in all the book basically wasn't worth the $20-$30 I paid for it.

1   2   3 

Go to: