Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » getting a life (and a new avatar) \o/

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
getting a life (and a new avatar) \o/
Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Fry 300 g ground meat (beef). Add no fat if you have a non-sticky pan. Press some garlic. Add mashed tomato (tin can, about 200 g). Grind black pepper. Add basil and oregano and salt. There's a salsa bolognese for you to go with spaghetti and some parmiggiano. And don't you dare put any ketchup on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

And don't you dare put any ketchup on it.

Yep, there are much better sauces than ketchup to make pasta with. (i actually never tried ketchup in my spaghetti but the thought of it makes me shiver...)

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Marcello
Member #1,860
January 2002

Or get fresh tomatoes and boil them 10-15 minutes. :D (Instead of canned.)

Marcello

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Yep, there are much better sauces than ketchup to make pasta with.

Certainly, but none are cheaper. :P

Marco Radaelli
Member #3,028
December 2002

Congratulations and good luck :)
Hope to see you soon :)

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

Certainly, but none are cheaper.

If you can't afford tomatoes go with the olive oil, onion, salt and pepper recipe. ;)

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

If you can't afford tomatoes go with the olive oil, onion, salt and pepper recipe.

Ketchup - Free (when stolen from McDonald's and Burger King)
Tomatoes - $0.99 a can ($1.50 fresh)
Olive Oil - $6.50

Guess why we used ketchup. ;)

Plus, I'm allergic to onions. :'(

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Marco Radaelli said:

Congratulations and good luck :)
Hope to see you soon :)

Thank you. Currently it looks like some minor bureaucratic annoyance will delay the move for a few days. I still hope for the 15/16th but I have to wait for some important papers(from different sources) to arrive here first.

Thanks to everyone else for more food advice.:)
I don't think the Ketchup at McD and BK is free here. It might be free at some places but they usually ask you if you want to have ketchup with your fries. (It's not like you can grab it directly from some box to which everyone has free access.)

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Quote:

I don't think the Ketchup at McD and BK is free here.

YOU LIVE IN BIZARRO WORLD!

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Good hunting ;)
And if you really want to safe your money for food here is even cheaper receipt for bread sandwich:
Take one slice of bread and rivet it from both sides with your hands.
Gnolam: in that case I do live too, here you pay for the ketchup in McD. I always knew that I want to live in northeuropean countries.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Thanks OICW and yes, paying for ketchup at McD is bizarre, because at almost every little pommes-frites-shack you get it for free, unfortunately directly onto your fries and not in any portable form that would allow taking it home for future use.

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

A belated congratulations from me. :D

Have you found a place to live yet? The first few weeks can be a bit hectic, but once you've settled in, you should start finding some free time once again.

Is Hamburg one of Germany's more expensive cities?

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

As I've said before, don't forget the social life. It really is very important. Trust me on this! :)

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Thank you Andrei, you know I haven't responded to your emails yet because of all those things on my mind now, regarding the job/move/everything.

I have found one of the rare cheaper places(=affordable with an apprentices wage + government aid) and I originally planned on moving this weekend(the day after tomorrow to be precise), but some annoying bureaucratic issues have delayed this, so I hope to move sometime in the middle of next week. (I already signed the rent contract for the room.)

As for the social life, I'll see what I can do.:) First few weekends, I'll have to visit home/friends anyway to wash clothes, as I won't have a washing machine there.(I figured that I will be able to afford a washing machine after a few months of working.)

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Of course we've provided Dennis Busch will numerous options to speed this up but he refuses!

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

iirc Archon, your only suggestions were "kill the landlord and the people from the agency". For one that's not "numerous" options and that aside, I like to stay legal when dealing with problems. Violence works in games, not IRL.;D

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

There isn't some public wash-maschine, where you can go, pay and have your clothes washed?

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

I thought about that too, but don't know yet if there is one near my place-to-be. If there is one, it would of course be the better option.

As for the bureaucratic issues: Resolved! \o/ I'll be handed over the keys and the room next Tuesday.:)

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Did you use 9mm arguments or your charisma?

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

Quote:

Yep, there are much better sauces than ketchup to make pasta with.

My fave is Arrabiata sauce.

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Neither of these, just had to wait until all the needed papers did their slow work.

[edit]Andrei posted, while I was still thinking how to phrase my response to OICWs question. /me goes checking what that sauce is[/edit]

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Dennis Busch said:

iirc Archon

'u' didn't 'rc' - I also suggested that you marry into his family.

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

I'm sorry Archon, I forgot that but I still didn't know if the landlord even had a hot unmarried relative to marry, so that option was also impracticable.

A J
Member #3,025
December 2002

I wish you all the best, i hope you get connected again shortly. I'll wish ya!

"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving.", Boat Car Guy (from that film)

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Yay, thank you AJ, also thanks for the quote from Waking Life and even more thanks for recommending that movie to me earlier. :)

So... we were at my place to be today for getting the keys and for cleaning up and stuff. I'll move the day after tomorrow, so I got tomorrow for packing more of my possessions into boxes.

I've uploaded a few pictures (3.5MB in total) of my current room and my place to be:
File 1 of 7
File 2 of 7
File 3 of 7
File 4 of 7
File 5 of 7
File 6 of 7
File 7 of 7
(had to split the archive, due to a per file sizelimit on my free webspace |
XPs builtin zip is reported to have problems extracting the multivolume archive, but
it worked fine for me with WinRAR or IZArc)

1   2   3 

Go to: